Remove Advertisements

Minor Glyphs

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Minor Glyphs

Postby Venoseth » Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:57 pm

Seems like LoH and Sense Undead are near-mandatory, and that really only leaves us BoK and Glyph of the Wise. When I'm buffing, it's always during down-time, and if I have to swap to Seal of Wisdom mid-fight, it's usually when I'm low on mana....so why take BoK over GotW?
"Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work."

"Education is an ornament in prosperity and refuge in adversity."
Venoseth

Re: Minor Glyphs

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:00 pm

Flip a coin. If it's heads, go with BoK, if it's tails, go with GotW.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby fuzzygeek » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:30 pm

Glyph of the Wise is marginally useful in some edge cases. BoK glyph is not remotely useful, and I honestly can't come up with any reason to use it, even playing Devil's advocate.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Panzerdin » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:44 pm

On a very long bossfight, BoK may run out, making the glyph of BoK vital.

There we go.
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby Palizangetsu » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:01 pm

Panzerdin wrote:On a very long bossfight, BoK may run out, making the glyph of BoK vital.

There we go.

lol or may have forgotten to rebuff b4 the fight there we go lets make one of our crappy minor sound like it can be useful in some sort of weird way anyways i want a minor glyph that makes me not need reagents for my greater buffs that way we could have a 3rd semi useful minor glyph
Palizangetsu

Postby majiben » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:02 pm

Personally I use BoM, great for soloing as ret or running 5 mans as ret. Last minor glyph is a throw away slot.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Hiroko » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:01 am

Well, I bless Kings a heck of alot more often than I use Seal of Wisdom - I couldn't tell you the last time I used SoW.

Yes, it's usually out of combat blessing, but I can get a full 10 class raid blessed with kings (with BoK Glyph) and still have mana left to carry on pulling trash. Sanctuary does cost a bit more mana to bless (any idea why?) but I'll need to drink or divine plea to be ready for next pull if I'm giving it to 10 classes.
Hiroko

Postby Torquemada » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:44 am

I used to run with BoK/Sense Undead/Wise. The BoK one for the reasons stated(Not burning up my mana to buff someone in combat) and because it meant not having to drink before pulls after buffing(Just pop DP and go). I often have to switch to Wise on Loatheb and in 5 mans and occasionally in 10s, so I used to use that because I was low on mana in the first place. 9/10 times I use LoH on myself, so the mana bonus wasn't that useful since if I'm hurting for hp I'm probably full on mana from SA, but I took it recently to see how I like it since I've stopped running 5-man instances on the Pally for the time being.
A wise and frugal government which shall restrain men from injuring one another, which shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government. – Thomas Jefferson
Torquemada

Postby slickesq » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:27 pm

I HAVE THE ANSWER!!!!!

Use BoK over Gylph of the wise so that, when you wipe, you can rebuff raid BEFORE eating rather than after. Man, this is so important that only nubs will grab wise instead BoK, GOSH!!!
slickesq

Postby Venoseth » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:29 am

I bless BoK 100x more often than I seal Wisdom also. The whole point is that if start to run out of mana, I switch to Wisdom mid-fight.

I have a sub-6k mana pool, which is enough to bless and rest. 5k mana doesn't take long to recover, and I only have to bless once every half hour (or when someone dies). Thus, I use Glyph of the Wise, because it's been the difference between being able to cast Wisdom without a pot/LoH and not.

Maybe once we've got full uptime on DPlea it won't matter. I guess I'll find out. ^^
"Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work."

"Education is an ornament in prosperity and refuge in adversity."
Venoseth

Postby Khayne » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:23 pm

A glyph to remove reagent cost from Divine Intervention or give a chance at blessing not consuming reagent would be awesome.

Hell, making something aesthetic like "Remove the graphic from hand of protection" or "makes your wings look like val'kyrs", and i'd take that first.

Atm i run with only 1 minor slot fulled, i'l get LoH and Wise at some point i think. If i get around it at some point.
Khayne

Return to Basic Training & Talents