Remove Advertisements

Saving Divine Sacrifice

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Saving Divine Sacrifice

Postby Delphineas » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:47 pm

Since it sounds like most people in MT roles are scoffing at it, what if it worked with Holy Shield/Redoubt?

While Divine Sacrifice is active, one damage source is blocked by Redoubt or Holy Shield. This effect can't occur more then once a second.

Also wlould prioritize Redoubt charges over Holy Shield, unlike our current block situation.
Fan of angels and catgirls.
Current MMO: EVE
Delphineas

Re: Saving Divine Sacrifice

Postby theothersteve7 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:25 pm

I for one am not scoffing. It's a very situational move, to be sure, but it has potential to be useful. People scoffed at Divine Guardian too.
Moo.
theothersteve7

Postby Conaan! » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:17 am

divine sacrifice is fine, its situational, and if people rotate tanks like they should (most effective for such and such encounter), when your not tanking anything, help the raid out, or tanking low tier content (10 man naxx/OS), use it to get some mana (to a degree)
Lore wrote:JEAPORDY: CREEPY BASEMENT EDITION
Conaan!

Postby Torquemada » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:04 am

People scoff at Divine Guardian AFTER the amount that could be redirected was limited. It was a quite lovely OP talent before that.

It does have its uses, but honestly I see it more as an option for a bored Ret Paladin with extra points or for use in PVP. Holy isn't going to take it, and Ulduar is going to really push healers, so you won't use it while tanking yourself. If you're an offtank or we're talking less than 25 man, it might have uses.
Torquemada

Postby Dorvan » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:54 am

For 1 point it seems worthwhile for me. I'm not planning on picking up Divine Guardian however, as to me it seems to make DS *less* useful (DS alone is enough to take the edge off as intended, buffing it seems to serve only to help gib you).

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby steadypal » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:20 pm

Dorvan wrote:For 1 point it seems worthwhile for me. I'm not planning on picking up Divine Guardian however, as to me it seems to make DS *less* useful (DS alone is enough to take the edge off as intended, buffing it seems to serve only to help gib you).

think the reason for 2/2 DG would be for 1 minute sacred shields :P

but ya, give us last stand, not a take 60k dmg in 10 seconds LOL
steadypal

Return to Basic Training & Talents