Remove Advertisements

[10] Patchwork HS question

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10] Patchwork HS question

Postby claisa » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:00 am

I guess you missed the one topic that outlined how to title your post properly. Please read the Announcements in the future. They're not there as eye candy! .:: Title moderated ::. - Guillex

- Argh the man has caught up with me again, one day i will get to stick it to him :)

Ok this is probably where i fail again as used your search function to see already covered, read through every topic to make sure i hadn't missed it and couldn't find this previously covered on here.

If you only have one tank and no melee do they get hit by the hatefulls as well as the normal attacks.

If they do how much harder is it to keep them up. Looking at going for the achievement make quick work of him. Thinking about going with two healers, one tank and 7 Ranged DPS.

If He doesn;t do the hatefulls on the MT then guess you only need the one healer and one tank.
Last edited by claisa on Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
claisa

Re: Patchwork 10 man

Postby Jasari » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:35 am

If the only person in melee range is the tank, then yes, he will get hit by normal attacks AND hateful strikes.

They don't hit incredibly hard but unless you over gear the fight it'll be hard to survive.

And if you DO over gear the fight to the point where you can have just one tank, then your DPS should be over geared enough to do it without needing to sacrifice a tank.

Basically, bring 2 tanks, 2 healers, 6 DPS. If your guild isn't geared enough to get the achievement that way then you're probably not geared enough to solo tank it.
Jasari

Postby claisa » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:55 am

like to think i am geared enough to solo tank it, at the moment we tend to run with mainly range DPS anyway, 3 healers and 2 pally tanks, getting him down in just under 4 min. We don;t have access to heroism. From the runs we have done got plenty of money to sort out peoples respecs to try stacking the group for a single fight.

Having one healer respeccing to DPS i suspect won;t be enough to make the fight a minute quicker. having a pally tank switch to healing. therefore allowing another of the normal healers to go range DPS. will make it closer to the 3 min mark.

Then guess it will be just a case of hoping we got enough if everyone burns haste pots alongside normal buffs. what other buffs can we supply to range DPs to help. Got everything else apart from a shaman i believe.

regards gear, we are a 10 man raid team just i have been very lucky on the pug 25 man stuff io have been on. run with best in slot 10 man tanking gear and some bits from 25 man that are better.
claisa

Postby Origon » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:08 am

It may be a good idea to try and work down to 2 healers for 10man naxx as that is what most of it is meant for (save for some fights that take a 3rd offhealer type). Other than that, 6 dps should be more than enough
Origon

Postby Jasari » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:14 am

Even before you over gear the place, the only fights in Naxx 10 that are noticeably harder without a 3rd healer are 4HM, Sapphiron, and KT.
Jasari

Re: [10] Patchwork HS question

Postby Belloc » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:41 am

Even if you're not overgeared for the fight, with all the healers on you, the hatefuls shouldn't be any more dangerous than doing the fight with two tanks.

But, yeah, don't bring 3 healers. That's way overkill.
Belloc

Postby Flex » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:37 am

We got a 2 min 59 second kill on him with me MTing a warrior OT and 2 healers. Every DPS was 3K+ DPS with our 4K survival Hunter on his poorly geared Fury Warrior so even then it was a less ideal DPS make up.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Spectrum » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:23 am

Learn to do Naxx with two healers. It's entirely doable with just Naxx10/heroic gear.

I'm guessing your tanks are paladin and warrior? Bears and DKs can do some great DPS while tanking, and I know I can break 1500 without too much work on Patchwerk. Our last kill I did 1600 and I think I was in my EH/Avoidance set instead of my BV/Threat/DPS set.

Maybe next time I'll go BV and see how much DPS I can do.
Spectrum
Maintankadonor

Postby Seloei » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:14 am

naxx 10 man is just like karazhan used to be after the huge nerfs and "free badge lewt" was implemented.
Progression guilds who haven't raided at all or don't have very good healers, have to bring 3 healers. If you have even 2 healers on the ball then they can easily do the instance ( except the 3 fights mentioned, might need an offhealer there. Bring only 2 good healers and ask the last one to go dps instead and try to do the instance, you can leave military quarter as the last so he can respec to healer if you need to

If you are running with just one tank then any plate melee will take about 15-20k hits from hatefuls (on 10 man, if i remember right) and will bite it unless they are standing at 5% health all throught the fight ( dip in the slime, out, no heals ).
Seloei

Postby kenshin648 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:16 am

Spectrum wrote:Learn to do Naxx with two healers. It's entirely doable with just Naxx10/heroic gear.

I'm guessing your tanks are paladin and warrior? Bears and DKs can do some great DPS while tanking, and I know I can break 1500 without too much work on Patchwerk. Our last kill I did 1600 and I think I was in my EH/Avoidance set instead of my BV/Threat/DPS set.

Maybe next time I'll go BV and see how much DPS I can do.

Maybe the one in my guild isnt necessarily doing it right, but I never see our bear tank doing more than 1k dps on any encounter. I am usually always doing 1.5-2 times more dps than him.
Give me blood
kenshin648

Postby Panzerdin » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:14 am

He's terrible then. That won't be nearly enough TPS.

And I'm fairly sure I covered this in the guide.
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby Mozen » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:05 am

Seloei wrote:If you are running with just one tank then any plate melee will take about 15-20k hits from hatefuls (on 10 man, if i remember right) and will bite it unless they are standing at 5% health all throught the fight ( dip in the slime, out, no heals ).

Wait, you don't get hatefuls if you're less than 5% health? This is the first time I hear this. Any source on it?

If you're referring to dipping in the slime, that's old, old, old stuff already. The way HS work now is:

1) Look for people in melee range, put them on a list
2) Look for the 2 (10-man) or 3 (25-man) people with highest threat, ignore the rest
3) Exclude the one that has aggro at the moment
4a) Out of the remaining targets, HS on the one with more health
4b) If there's no valid targets, HS on the one having aggro

So even if you only have the tank and one melee, and the melee has exactly 1 point of health, he should die to the next HS unless he avoids it.

The whole idea of dipping in slime was to make sure your health is not higher than the HS-tank. That was before, when HS is based on health instead of threat. Now in Wrath, even if you have 99,999 health, as long as you don't exceed off-tank's threat, you should not be taking hatefuls.
Mozen

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon