Shadow Labs (Heroic and Non)

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Shadow Labs (Heroic and Non)

Postby Xalran » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:12 am

First, do consider that I raided for a long, long time as holy and am relatively new to prot. My gear is entirely just side grade items I've picked up while rep-grinding / in Kara so it's not as good as I'd like it to be. I'm at about 462 defense, ~200 spell damage, and am uncrushable.

I've been running Shadow Labs for the past few days to get Lower City rep. I'll be starting heroic SL soon, (only doing normal now,) and I'm really dreading the second (ogre) boss. I can tank just about the entire instance with no trouble at all, but we had several wipes last night on the ogre. This was partly due to two really stupid hunters, but even after they were replaced with a fury warrior and smarter hunter, the warrior ended up offtanking.

Avengers Shield and JoR helped a bit, but mana was still an issue.

Is there any way to hold aggro effectively in this fight after the aggro wipes?
Xalran

Postby Tiandelin » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:54 am

My preferred solution to this fight on heroic is to bring a druid or warrior and a set of healing gear. Seriously. It's a lot easier on non-heroic, but it's still enough of a pain to make SL one of my least favorite instances to run.

That said, if you want to tank him, I advise bringing mana pots and maybe dark runes. Keep JoW up and try to conserve your mana as much as you can while your dps goes all out on him.
Tiandelin - Co-MT of Monolith, Area 52 US
Tiandelin

Re: Shadow Labs (Heroic and Non)

Postby Blaen99 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:03 am

Xalran wrote:First, do consider that I raided for a long, long time as holy and am relatively new to prot. My gear is entirely just side grade items I've picked up while rep-grinding / in Kara so it's not as good as I'd like it to be. I'm at about 462 defense, ~200 spell damage, and am uncrushable.

I've been running Shadow Labs for the past few days to get Lower City rep. I'll be starting heroic SL soon, (only doing normal now,) and I'm really dreading the second (ogre) boss. I can tank just about the entire instance with no trouble at all, but we had several wipes last night on the ogre. This was partly due to two really stupid hunters, but even after they were replaced with a fury warrior and smarter hunter, the warrior ended up offtanking.

Avengers Shield and JoR helped a bit, but mana was still an issue.

Is there any way to hold aggro effectively in this fight after the aggro wipes?

What I do is have the whole party go all out during the pull, and tell them to get him to 60% or be ready to wipe.

If he's at 60% by the first MC, you have him with plenty of time to spare during the second non-MC phase.
Blaen99

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics