[10] Sartharion 3 Drakes: Optimal Setup?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Blar » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:25 am

Divine Guardian was huge when my group did it. About 3 seconds after the 3rd drake landed, we would use divine guardian to reduce the damage on me, the death knight tank, and feral druid (mt). After shadron died, the fight became very easy especially since ferals will survive the breaths with out cds at that point since they can pretty much reach 40,000 hp with the debuff.
Blar

Postby Dantriges » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:19 pm

I´ve got a caster heavy set up with a Voidwalker tank. Cheesy but ah well.

3 Tanks
DK
Protpala/Warrior or Feral
Warlock

3 Heal
Holy Priest
Paladin
Druid

DPS
Enhancement Shammy
Mage
Shadow
undecided

So will be a longer fight. I would prefer elemental shaman, but our enhancers deal a lot better damage and the spell buffs aren´t wasted.

Not sure about the last one. A hunter or rogue would be nice but difficult to implement with missing buffs. Also I am not sure what kind of drake tank to take.
Druid combat rezz, innervate, 5% melee/ranged crit, would buff our schamans, and the sole phys dd
Protadin 3% crit, second blessing, Judgement
Protection Warrior, cry, sunder armor but seems weakest choice.
Dantriges

Postby Frickit » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:23 am

dangit whered that solopally add tank convo go i swore i saw it head this way.
Frickit

Postby Diocaska » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:30 am

Moi?

Our guild haven't managed to do this with three tanks yet, only two.

DK/Druid - Sarth
Me - Whelps, Elementals and Drakes

Dps (W/ Replenishment)
Dps (Plate and can tank in Twilight realm)
Dps (Elemental Shaman/Shadow Priest to heal in Twilight realm)
Dps
Dps
Dps

Healer (Pally works well)
Healer

But with this setup, if new to the fight, I'd recommend that you take a DPS class with heroism, and have a priest as the second healer. I'd also advise a de-enrager if possible at least until you're use to it.

Shield wall as soon as Shadron lands. Its a critical point as double breaths + adds can kill you easily.

We've had three kills with this setup.
Aurellia(90) Ulshala(85) Diocaska(85) Leighesha(85)
Diocaska

Re: [10] Sartharion 3 Drakes: Optimal Setup?

Postby BubbaBill » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:58 pm

Couple of questions regarding 10man mode.
We are probably going 2 tank 3 healer
Tanks being Pally/Warrior or PallyX2.
Healers will probably be Pally/Druid/Druid. 1 druid on Sarth tank, 1 druid raid, Pally on Drake/add tank with RF up and beconing himself to help control and focus adds.

1) The big guys breath is it still as serious a tank killer? Do you require the cooldowns like you do on 25man or can you heal through it. With the drakes up how much are these breaths going to land for?

2) We are unfortunately without DK/Bear to tank him. If the breaths aren't as killer in 10man as they are in 25 this might not be as big a problem. Considering having our warrior tank him. Can the breath be Spell Reflected?

3) I've read several strats where they say healers should stand behind the tank. Don't they get breathed on there? Doesn't it make more sence to have EVERYONE stack inside the drakes hitbox? I'm thinking all stack on 1 flank if Vortex spawns in the middle of them switch sides. This should be inside consecrate but not in breath.
BubbaBill

Postby trellian » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:54 am

Your druid healer will not be able to keep up a warrior/paladin tanking sarth. His breaths just does so much dmg that it will oneshot the tank after they used their first cooldown.

I have not yet heared about any paladin successfully tanking sarth in 10-man +3d. Same goes for warriors tbh.
The breaths cannot be spellreflected.

Please keep in mind that the 10-man version of OS3d is twice as hard as the 25-man version. 10-man is definately NOT easier then 25-man. Basically if you don't have a bear or DK to tank sarth you're screwed. You'd need to stack your raid to keep the sarth tank alive. Disc priest, paladin with HoSacr+bubble, etc, etc...
I suppose it's not impossible but afaik it has not been done yet.
trellian

Postby Avengeance » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:58 am

I MTed sarth 10+3 (pala tank)... its not much different to any other class, my healer was a holy priest. But we dont really get a lot of big breaths, we get 1-2 at most before shadron dies. There are a few near deaths from melee attacks when the wall was coming and healer had to move, but I used dodge-on-use trinks and healthstones + healing pot etc to survive. Once the drake tank healer is free, keeping up MT is easymode.
Avengeance of Boulderfist-EU
Guild Master of High Tempest
Avengeance

Postby trellian » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:56 pm

Avengeance wrote:I MTed sarth 10+3 (pala tank)... its not much different to any other class, my healer was a holy priest. But we dont really get a lot of big breaths, we get 1-2 at most before shadron dies. There are a few near deaths from melee attacks when the wall was coming and healer had to move, but I used dodge-on-use trinks and healthstones + healing pot etc to survive. Once the drake tank healer is free, keeping up MT is easymode.

Cool, you're the first I hear about. Grats :)

Though I think my advice still stands for any guild who is only just starting to learn the encounter.
trellian

Postby majiben » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:15 am

Pretty sure worldie did it as well.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby trellian » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:28 am

That was 25-man he posted about. He never finished the 10-man afaik.
trellian

Postby Salamandra » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:51 am

I've done it quite a few times with different setups. The most easily I've done it yet is:

2 tanks:
DK on Sarth
Me on Drakes/Whelps/Blazes

2 healers:
Disc Priest on DK
Holy Paladin on me.

6 dps (caster-heavy):
2 warlocks
1 balance druid
1 shadow priest
1 elemental shaman
1 hunter

The dps are relatively interchangable.
Salamandra

Postby Avengeance » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:10 pm

Also tried 2 tank 2 healer + caster group today.... got it relatively easily.
Prot pala (me) on drakes + adds.
Prot War on MT.
Holy Pala
Holy Preist
Ele sham
Spriest
Mage x2
Lock
Enh sham

We killed tenebron just as shadron became targettable, killed shadron around 5 secs after Vesp aggroed. Ignored portals until all 3 drakes died, Enh shm tanked inside with ele shaman healing. MT at that point actually died, but I taunted and mangaed to not cause any big problems. The healing is intense tho, ele sham has to full time healing while Twilight torment is up... but the extra DPS gain makes achieving the Dps goals even easier.
Avengeance of Boulderfist-EU
Guild Master of High Tempest
Avengeance

Postby Aldonza » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:58 am

My guild had been banging its head against the wall for awhile at this. We finally changed from our 3 tank, 2 healer setup last night to a 3 tank, 3 healer, caster only group which made a night and day difference.

DK (Sarth tank)
Prot Warrior (drake tank)
Prot Paly (Add tank)

Discipline Priest (Sarth Healer)
Holy Paladin (DG specced - drake healer)
Resto Druid (Add / raid healer - does best to keep rolling hots on Sarth tank too)

Boomkin
Ele Shaman
Shadow Priest
Mage (think he was fire)

We found that Tenebrom would not always cast the eggs at the same time, so if he did it right after the second flame wall, we would be borderline on 2 whelps. Our group was stacked for endurance over burst, so we could live through 2 whelps if we had to.

On a second whelp spawning run, we would normally down Tenebrom right as he was casting the second whelps. If he got the cast to hatch them off, we would start AoEing the first whelps before the second ones spawned. The boomkin would then call for DPS to stop AoE prior to the 2nd whelps actually spawning so that I could aggro them (and the first set would be 2/3 dead normally). Then once I had a few seconds to secure aggro on the second set, the AoE call would begin again. If the first set wasn't at 2/3 dead, I'd pop Bubblewall to help the Resto druid keep me up with that many adds.

Once those adds are cleared, we pop Heroism and burn Shadron. Since the DPS is actively working to not kill themselves from Vesperon's disciple debuff, we burn both drakes and all remaining adds before taking any portals. Then the drake tank, the add healer, and all DPS go kill the two adds in the portal. After that, it's a gravy train. Our mage would stop DPS on Sarth once he saw 3 or 4 adds floating about and helped both me and the prot warrior kill them - just to ensure things remained manageable.

Hope this helps someone!

Edit - Also if your healers are getting alot of heal aggro from adds, make sure they know to work with you and try to stay near you - especially before any whelp spawning. Our Resto druid would normally be the healer that may snag aggro over me, and he was always near my consecrate before every whelp spawning so even if he got 1 or 2 that my intial consecrate did not get, he could shift slightly, and another tick would move aggro (even though I was moving to pick up the remaining). Having a healer that works actively with the add tank like that makes the run go much smoother.
Aldonza
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon