[10] Main Tanking Sarth (noob question)

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10] Main Tanking Sarth (noob question)

Postby Tiranknight » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:43 pm

Read the Announcement before posting. Your title has been edited.

Well today was in a PUG group for Sartharion in 10 man.. no drakes were up.

I've never pugged this fight before always do it with guild... and every single time I do this with my guild I always tank Adds, and whelps when we do it in 25 man. I've never actually tanked Sarth.

What is the most efficient way to position him so you optimally avoid the Flame Walls? I think I got hit by 50% of the Flame Waves that I had to move out of.. they wanted me to tank him in the Front Left corner where you first walk onto his little Island in the center of the sanctum. I was just trying to Strafe... Left when I had to move but for some reason I was still getting hit.. maybe I was not moving far enough...

everytime the main tank for my guild tanks this it seems like he rarely has to move Sarth at all.., thankfully I didn't die, but was really frustrating to mess up positioning of the dragon and have to re-position.
Tiranknight

Postby Avengeance » Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:06 pm

It doesnt really matter where you tank in +0, avoiding walls is pretty much the same anywhere. Turn down your spell details to be able to see the flame wall edge more clear, and just zoom your camera out a bit so you can see walls coming behind you.

You can tank sartharion in one safe zone, so at least 50% of the time you dont need to move if the wall is always coming from one way - but it really doent matter, wherever u tank it, you just have to strife left and right no more than 15 yards.
Avengeance of Boulderfist-EU
Guild Master of High Tempest
Avengeance

Postby Fridmarr » Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:28 pm

The front left corner is fine. If you are about 5 yards from the edge, you will be in the safe zone from a wave coming behind you. When the wave comes from in front of you, strafe to the right, just off the edge of the platform and the wave will miss you.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Re: Main Tanking Sarth (noob question)

Postby BubbaBill » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:36 pm

Question on tanking sarth and more related to having drakes up. Are you able to force him to change targets(taunt) mid breath? Could a holy Pally soak a breath with a bubble/taunt? We're trying to get him down with 2 drakes right now but only have Pally tanks and are horribly short on CD's to survive the rough breaths.
BubbaBill

Re: Main Tanking Sarth (noob question)

Postby Avengeance » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:32 pm

It works... but that "soak" has to be away ffrom anyone.... breaths are now infinite frontal cone range.
But +2 you wouldnt have problems with breaths anyway
Avengeance of Boulderfist-EU
Guild Master of High Tempest
Avengeance

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon