Bug on Instructor Raz 25M

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Bug on Instructor Raz 25M

Postby Albani » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:47 pm

So doing military wing today, I was on add tanking. Then when Razuvious died, I insta-gibbed my add with a 352k SoR crit!

Anyone ever had that happen to them?

wws report

http://wowwebstats.com/nzbianp5snivw?s= ... a=x2374997
Albani

Re: Bug on Instructor Raz 25M

Postby cakeftw » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:01 pm

its a debuff the adds get making them take huge amounts of extra damage to prevent you from tanking the rest of the instance with them
cakeftw

Postby Kelaan » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:04 pm

cakeftw wrote:its a debuff the adds get making them take huge amounts of extra damage to prevent you from tanking the rest of the instance with them

That sounds interesting actually. What if you had three tanks (or hunters) playing aggro ping-pong on Razuvius, and used the students to go tank the trash in the next hallway? :) I bet someone's tried it...
Kelaan

Postby Senador » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:57 pm

Judge Blood on them, it'll be worth the laugh if you aren't working on Immortal...
Senador

Postby Cakes » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:12 pm

Kelaan wrote:
cakeftw wrote:its a debuff the adds get making them take huge amounts of extra damage to prevent you from tanking the rest of the instance with them

That sounds interesting actually. What if you had three tanks (or hunters) playing aggro ping-pong on Razuvius, and used the students to go tank the trash in the next hallway? :) I bet someone's tried it...

That's exactly the reason they gain this debuff, so that you can't tank the rest of the wing with MCed adds that can shield wall near indefinitely and have huge health pools. Although the adds that are currently under the effects of MC when Raz dies don't gain the debuff, so I guess it might still be possible.
Former GM and Raid Leader of Midwinter - US PVE Ysera
Cakes

Postby Kelaan » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:16 pm

My point was, to use the trash to tank stuff WHILE you have the Raz encounter going. The adds don't seem to take undue damage DURING the encounter, since I'm not seeing them get gibbed by my normal threat building techniques --if you could keep them tanked and healed, while Razuvius was just kited all over in the back room, you could in theory use the adds to tank trash and stuff. That'd likely be an organizational NIGHTMARE, of course, but you wouldn't need (AFAIK) to use the shield wall ability, even -- so you take one, buff the hell out of it, heal it up, and go Tankify.
Kelaan

Postby Salamandra » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:19 pm

That'd be an enormously more difficult way to tank the trash following Razuvious than to do it the normal way.
Salamandra

Postby Belloc » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:31 am

Salamandra wrote:That'd be an enormously more difficult way to tank the trash following Razuvious than to do it the normal way.

I think it'd be more for tanking 4H or other bosses in the instance.
Belloc

Postby Nalyn » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:55 am

Senador wrote:Judge Blood on them, it'll be worth the laugh if you aren't working on Immortal...

I did that once, the raid got a good laugh from it.
Nalyn

Postby Arees » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:46 pm

Albani wrote:So doing military wing today, I was on add tanking. Then when Razuvious died, I insta-gibbed my add with a 352k SoR crit!

Anyone ever had that happen to them?

We had a dk do a 850k obliterate crit the other night. Inflated his dps to 9k. He's been doing it every week and trying to use CDs to boost the damage he does. He wants to hit them for over a million... lol.
Arees

Postby Selgar » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:09 pm

Nalyn wrote:
Senador wrote:Judge Blood on them, it'll be worth the laugh if you aren't working on Immortal...

I did that once, the raid got a good laugh from it.

Yeah nothing like hitting yourself for 110k :lol:

It was fun, but like he said not if you are doing immortal.
Selgar

Postby Rhiannon » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:46 am

Immortal attempt last week, ret pally did this. As the boss was technically dead, I've no idea if it actually disqualified us from immortal (we lost it later anyhow), but I wasn't best pleased.
Rhiannon

Postby Avengeance » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:06 am

I think it wouldnt count if you went out of combat first (since the MCed mobs are actaully yours, so u leave combat).
Avengeance of Boulderfist-EU
Guild Master of High Tempest
Avengeance

Postby Belloc » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:01 pm

It depends on who you ask, but I've seen posts stating that people have died to Razuvious adds (without breaking combat), to poison clouds after Grobb dies, and people just dying after killing Rivendare... and still getting the Immortal.

So, if anyone dies in those situations, don't give up.
Belloc

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon