[10/25] Sarth Welp Timer Mod???

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10/25] Sarth Welp Timer Mod???

Postby smashemup » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:29 am

Does anyone know of a mod that shows exactly when the welps come out of the portole???

this would make tanking the drakes + adds alot easier

Thanks

Smashemup - Dragonblight
smashemup

Re: Sarth Welp Timer Mod???

Postby guillex » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:35 pm

I realise that this is your first post here, but please do take the time to read announcements before posting.

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=17170

Edit your original post to change your topic title. Thanks.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Huon » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:42 pm

Get some practice, you will get a feel for it.

They will always hatch during or after the lava wall proceeding the "eggs are hatching" emote". Just be sure to drop a consecrate on top of the portal before the wall crosses and keep it there till they hatch. I have had many variations of the time they hatch, anywhere from as soon as the wall comes up all the way to 2-3 seconds after is fades on the other side.
Huon

[10/25] Sarth 3D Welp Timer Addon?

Postby smashemup » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:47 pm

Changing the topic as requested, sorry for the error.

For the people who 2Tank this fight do you bubblewall and eat the firewall if the welps spawn when a firewall is coming or is it better to run away and chace them later.

Thanks Again

Smashemup - Dragonblight
smashemup

Postby Salamandra » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:07 pm

I drop one just before I have to avoid the flame wall, then by the time it's faded I'm back ontop of the portal. Neither using bubblewall for something totally avoidable or chasing them are really acceptable alternatives, given that you'll probably need bubblewall for when the second/third drake are up at the same time, and that if you need to chase them a healer's probably already dead.
Salamandra

Re: [10/25] Sarth Welp Timer Mod???

Postby culhag » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:56 am

BigWigs has a timer for the whelps.

Usually the hatch just after a flame wall. If it's a wall from the north you can stay in position to catch them, if it's from the south you'll have to run to get there in time. Have a consecrate ticking where they spawn and have your Avenger's Shield ready to catch those you didn't aggro.
culhag
Maintankadonor

Re: [10/25] Sarth 3D Welp Timer Addon?

Postby trellian » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:31 am

smashemup wrote:For the people who 2Tank this fight do you bubblewall and eat the firewall if the welps spawn when a firewall is coming or is it better to run away and chace them later.

You could probably bubble the firewall to avoid it's damage, but you'd still get the knockback effect from it, which is something you really do not want.
trellian

Postby arilink » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:48 pm

Plus enraged fire elementals that will tear you into pieces after bubblewall runs out.
One option is to cast Hand of Protection on your Sarth Tank Healer and tell your own healer to stand behind your consecrate.
Even if the lava waves blocks the whelp portal you should reliably get aggro on those whelps.

Personally I am using some extremly old mod for DBM that can be found here.
It's sole purpose was/is the whelp timer.
However it's off a few seconds from the actual spawn.
Welps will spawn approx. 3 seconds after the timer runs out.
Lailani - Paladin
Vixi - Deathknight
arilink

Postby Mozen » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:36 am

I always just look for the emote when he starts to hatch. Then I count for about 15 seconds, drop Consecration off the front of the portal and go avoid the lava wave or chase down the odd lava blaze on the other side of the island. It's been reliable enough for me.
Mozen

Postby Chunes » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:04 pm

Mozen wrote:I always just look for the emote when he starts to hatch. Then I count for about 15 seconds, drop Consecration off the front of the portal and go avoid the lava wave or chase down the odd lava blaze on the other side of the island. It's been reliable enough for me.

I count to 9 Mississippi then drop a consecrate. It generally happens right as the wave emote is happening, allowing me enough time to drop the consecrate in front of the portal and then retreat to the outside if it's an inside wave.
Chunes

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon