Less-Rabi

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: Less-Rabi

Postby Selinaria » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:12 am

Absolute easiest way is to have a shammy with Reverberation interrupt. Since the CD is 5 seconds, if he uses the shock on CD (have him stand there and do nothing else if needed) he will interrupt every single one. As mentioned, if you get stunned when the CD is ready, have him mash it since the second you arn't stunned Moorabi will try and transform.

That being said, any group of interrupts can succeed, I personally grabbed the last interrupt (at like 7%, didn't even see the cast timer lol) on our first successful attempt, running the in-game stop watch helps so you don't have to mentally count to 5 after 50%.
Selinaria was suddenly surrounded by a gang of sharks, a cracked bat as her only protection!
Selinaria

Re: Re:

Postby xstrykr » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:18 am

Belloc wrote:
xstrykr wrote:If you take a mage, it's easy-mode.

My group setup was enhancement shaman, DK, me, healer and mage.

Shaman took the first, DK second, me third. by this time he'd be at about 35-40% health. At that point we'd let the mage take the next interrupt, at which point we'd pop BL and burn him down. If he happened to NOT be at 30% with the 4th interrupt, we'd reset and try again.

How do mages make it easy mode? The only reason would be if counterspell actually locked the school for longer than any other interrupt, but that is no longer the case in this fight.

As far as I know, mage CS, even when not talented, still interrupts for 8s, while other interrupts (HoJ, Kick, Earth Shock) only last 6s or less.

It worked for us when we got the achievement back on 3/15. Our dps was pretty rock-solid too, which contributes to being able to burn him down in those 8s with our cooldowns.
xstrykr

Postby Neara » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:18 am

you need DPS .. lots of it. Did it last week with me as Tank, Fury-warri, mage, ele-shaman and Retribution Pally

/tar red proto
/love

100-50% we were taking it easy, i interrupted the first after 10 seconds in fight, which was at around 65%
The Warrior at 20 seconds, which was at 50,5%
Than we were going all out, popping trinkets and everything
3 seconds after hitting 50% the mage stops casting and prepares to interrupt the cast that happens 5 seconds after the 50% mark (should be between 30-35%). After that you have to kill him before the next cast. It's not impossible to interrupt a last one after that, but it would be pure luck to hit the right moment
Neara

Re: Re:

Postby Belloc » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:25 am

xstrykr wrote:
Belloc wrote:
xstrykr wrote:If you take a mage, it's easy-mode.

My group setup was enhancement shaman, DK, me, healer and mage.

Shaman took the first, DK second, me third. by this time he'd be at about 35-40% health. At that point we'd let the mage take the next interrupt, at which point we'd pop BL and burn him down. If he happened to NOT be at 30% with the 4th interrupt, we'd reset and try again.

How do mages make it easy mode? The only reason would be if counterspell actually locked the school for longer than any other interrupt, but that is no longer the case in this fight.

As far as I know, mage CS, even when not talented, still interrupts for 8s, while other interrupts (HoJ, Kick, Earth Shock) only last 6s or less.

It worked for us when we got the achievement back on 3/15. Our dps was pretty rock-solid too, which contributes to being able to burn him down in those 8s with our cooldowns.

This boss does not follow spell lockout rules. He will cast his spell when the cooldown is up, no matter what kind of interrupt you use. It's been this way since 3.0.8 (a long time). You either burned him down in 5 seconds, or someone hit an interrupt and you didn't notice.
Belloc

Postby Threatco » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:35 pm

Tested the Free Action Potion today. It does not work.

Tried with 4 dps this time, and thats defiantly the way to do it.

I think I am the least lucky person in the world. 5 times I have tried this now and ended up him dieing after transform after a bunch of attempts.

Getting very sad about this.
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby vegardhv » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:46 am

Threatco wrote:Tested the Free Action Potion today. It does not work.

Tried with 4 dps this time, and thats defiantly the way to do it.

I think I am the least lucky person in the world. 5 times I have tried this now and ended up him dieing after transform after a bunch of attempts.

Getting very sad about this.

Did this yesterday finally. Had lots of attempts like yours with him transforming on like 1% health. Baaah - never thought I'd bother getting all these achievements, but once I started noticing there weren't many left I got hungry for that lovely proto drake - and now it's mine.

Group was me tank + 4 dps, DK, warlock, shaman, mage, and me paladin. I interrupted first one, I think shammy did second, and I think we possibly killed him before his 3rd transform - told mage to fire counter spell at 30 %, but not sure he actually did it. Maybe one of the others got lucky with a interrupt close to 0 % health.
vegardhv
Maintankadonor

Postby Threatco » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:58 am

When I got it (Like 3 months ago) the strat is like this.

Shaman spec reverberation to get exactly 5 second interupts.

Shaman uses his own reaction speed to interupt the first tranformation cast AFTER Rabi hit's 50% HP. After that shaman spams interupt button and will automaticly get everyone after that.

It works like this.

Rabi transforms at exactly every 10 seconds before 50%. And every 5 seconds after 50%.

Sounds predictable enough but there is a snag.

When Rabi gets to 50% the timer counts 5 seconds from the last tranform. If its been 5 seconds or more, he will transform right at 50% HP some time between 5-10 seconds form his last transform.

So if your shammy is spamming interupts since the first one. He is going to cast his spell at

10.0s (interupt)
15.0s (nothing being cast)
18.0s (rabi hits 50% hp and starts casting, interupt is on CD)

Now every 5 seconds rabi will cast tranform until he is dead.

23.0s
28.0s
ect...

So if the shaman saves his CD for after boss hits 50%, then spamming it will make it line up perfectly form then on. But trying to do that from the beggining won't work.
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Previous

Return to General Strats