Remove Advertisements

[10] Sarth, 3 Drake, 3 Tanks, 3 Healers

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10] Sarth, 3 Drake, 3 Tanks, 3 Healers

Postby majiben » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:59 am

My guild has been working on S+3 and are gettinh quite close. We have a LW feral druid on Sartharion and it's working out well (go go resist enchant for bracers). I have the following post by him on our guild forum and we would like to know the viability of using a 3rd healer. He is most often dying due to not being topped off.
We're getting really close to earning this achievement now, anyone who's been there can tell you that. There's a question whether or not 3 healers might give us the extra survival we need, and if loosing a dps might not hurt us too much for that extra heal.

I'm sorry to say I don't have the information on this. I've seen a few posts on forums with people saying they got it with such a setup, but didn't mention the dps output. I've seen a video where the drake tank had all 3 drakes on him at the same time and they pulled it off, obviously not a heavy dps group.

I proved tonight that I can survive one of Sartharion's full powered breath attacks without relying on a cooldown (though I still died soon after). With this knowledge it becomes less neccessary to kill the 2nd drake quickly for fear of running out of cooldowns and no longer being able to weather a full force fire breath. Instead it may be more neccesary to have an extra healer so the Sarth tank (me) can have extra heals incoming and be topped off along with the rest of the raid all the time.

If anyone has more information on the idea of bringing 3 tanks, 3 healers, 4 dps, please let me know.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Avengeance » Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:28 am

I think you are better off pushing your DPS harder to reduce the uptime of shadron + Vesperon disciple. Ideally... you kill shadron before Twilight torment is up (should be quite doable with a nice stacked melee or caster group in naxx 25 gear).

Trouble with 3 tank 3 healer is... although I've heard success with it, you are lengthening the fight quite a bit - and you might struggle to kill tenebron before 2nd whelp pack without some kinda bloodlust or using the 3rd healer to DPS up until that point.

You could also consider 2 tank 3 healer if you have a pala healer and a pretty good skilled drake tank that can aggro every add out there on his own. This method you sacrice some control, but gain healing stability.
Avengeance of Boulderfist-EU
Guild Master of High Tempest
Avengeance

Postby knaughty » Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:35 am

When you could clear Twillight Torment off the MT, we used to run 3 tanks, 2 healers (with ele shaman healing when both disciples are up).

Since the TT change in... 3.0.9? We go 3/3/4. Usually Pally/Priest first two heals (and external CDs). Third is flexible.

We still get drakes down fast. First drake around about when 2nd lands, 2 drake prior to 2nd whelps.

As soon as 2nd drake is dead, zone twillight, kill both disciples, zone out.

If you get to here, you're probably won.

Solution is to take your best 4 DPS in-guild & make sure you have bloodlust available. We usually go mage/lock/ele-shaman/ret.

Elemental synergises with mage/lock/healers and provides lust. Ret tanks disciples and provides replenishment. Bear MT, anything for other two tanks.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby majiben » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:21 am

We were trying to synergize our dps as much as possible and took
1-2 Ret
1 Enchancement shaman
1 Rogue
1 Hunter (varying spec)
0-1 Fury warrior

If we had a good elemental shaman then we probably would have gone with the set up you suggested.
majiben

Postby Avengeance » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:27 am

If you are running melee heavy, use 2 tanks 3 healers.

Get a holy pala to turn on RF and stand behind the drakes, then just get the drake tank to tank all the adds (if its pala - keep taunting off the holy pala, throw in AS and single taunts as u see lose adds). The adds will die naturally to the melee aoe. It takes a few tries to get used to, but once u get the tanking sorted you will find this tactic a lot easier.
Avengeance of Boulderfist-EU
Guild Master of High Tempest
Avengeance

Postby majiben » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:33 am

I'll consider that.
majiben

Postby Huon » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:48 am

Melee heavy groups CAN be harder, but I honestly don't see the difference that most people talk about. Melee group, at least for us, have more dps, and so dps time in TT is minimal. We are able to only use 2 healers and 1 elemental shaman to make the melee live, as long as they are careful.

Please refer to my last post on the Sarth10 3D thread for all the details :)
Huon

Re: [10] Sarth, 3 Drake, 3 Tanks, 3 Healers

Postby Nick7 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:25 am

We've done it with 3 healers and 3 tanks setup.
You can check my previous post about our tactic that way: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=21355 (not to c&p all here) :D
Nick7

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon