Razuvious Band-Aid

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Razuvious Band-Aid

Postby Arcand » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:40 am

Glyph of Mind Control -- Reduces the chance targets will resist or break your Mind Control spell by an additional 17%. (Old - Increases the duration of your Mind Control spell by 30 sec.)

Looks like this is the fix.
Arcand

Postby fuzzygeek » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:43 am

Smifk.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby daemonym » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:48 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:Smifk.

translation? and also, do spriests have to give up a legit dps glyph for a single fight gimmick? i'd hope, for pve sake, that this isn't a major glyph.
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby discerpo » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:59 pm

duel spec ftw
Discerpo-Unholy/Blood Troll DK
Horde-Gorefiend

Vindicated wrote: The hell? this is the internet, where I've been over 18 since I was 12.
discerpo

Postby fuzzygeek » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:41 pm

daemonym wrote:
fuzzygeek wrote:Smifk.

translation?

Derisive snort.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Wolvar » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:03 pm

Requiring a glyph for a single fight is not a fix for anything and it doesn't address the real problem anyway.

Requiring 2, and recommending 3 of the same class for a fight is the real problem. No fights should be tuned that way.

They need to put orbs in the heroic version.
Wolvar

Postby Belloc » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:36 am

This fight doesn't require priests at all. It just requires some form of ingenuity.

Let's be honest, most raid groups just go with a strategy that was defined long before they ever stepped foot in the instance... and that's the problem.

You've got one priest? You're good! MC the first mob. When bone armor expires, do a taunt rotation. You did bring 3 tanks, right? What about hunters, have any of those?

Max range taunt, run away, another tank/hunter taunts before Razuv gets to the tank, and this repeats until the next mob is MC'd.

If you're not bringing two priests for whatever reason, then figure out how to kill the boss another way before you complain about it. If there were no other way to kill the boss, I'd agree... but it's not hard to do a simple taunt rotation every 20 seconds.

Or just skip the boss.
Belloc

Postby Barsine » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:11 am

Well... The tanks can't tank him. Our feral tried yesterday. He got hit for 46k, sadly he has only got 45k hp so he kinda died.
Barsine

Postby Malthrax » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:23 am

Barsine wrote:Well... The tanks can't tank him. Our feral tried yesterday. He got hit for 46k, sadly he has only got 45k hp so he kinda died.

Well, yeah... you're not s'posed to stand there and growl at him.
Malthrax

Postby Barsine » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:29 am

But can nut tonk without growling at boss cry
Suppose you mean that they should stand at one side each of the room and taunt? Guess it could work, and I'd laugh at melee dps if a guild did that :p
Barsine

Postby Malthrax » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:10 pm

Barsine wrote:But can nut tonk without growling at boss cry
Suppose you mean that they should stand at one side each of the room and taunt? Guess it could work, and I'd laugh at melee dps if a guild did that :p

Any combination of 3 hunters and tanks can taunt/distract/kite him in a triangle pattern simply enough.

Yes, it does suck to be melee on a fight like that. But, if your guild has no priests and you don't have any friends who play priests....
Malthrax

Postby Belloc » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:29 pm

Barsine wrote:Well... The tanks can't tank him. Our feral tried yesterday. He got hit for 46k, sadly he has only got 45k hp so he kinda died.

As was mentioned, the point isn't to tank him... but to keep him running around and not hitting anything while the priest re-applies mind control. Or the point is just to have him running around in a triangle the whole fight if you didn't bring a priest at all.
Belloc

Postby Trixia » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:36 am

Belloc wrote:

As was mentioned, the point isn't to tank him... but to keep him running around and not hitting anything while the priest re-applies mind control. Or the point is just to have him running around in a triangle the whole fight if you didn't bring a priest at all.

This is apparently exploiting the mechanics of the fight and is being addressed in the next patch. There putting diminishing returns on taunt in this fight, and a lot of other bosses to prevent the whole 3 tanks chain taunting a boss in circles for the duration of the fight.

So now what? Bring more priests?

MC orbs in 25m plz.
Trixia

Postby Dokidoki » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:18 pm

Belloc wrote:You've got one priest? You're good! MC the first mob. When bone armor expires, do a taunt rotation. You did bring 3 tanks, right? What about hunters, have any of those?

Max range taunt, run away, another tank/hunter taunts before Razuv gets to the tank, and this repeats until the next mob is MC'd.

This isn't going to work soon as far as I can remember. I know they fixed this for sarth but they're adding DR on taunts so you cant bounce bosses like that.
Dokidoki

Postby Avengeance » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:49 pm

Next patch you wouldnt be doing Naxx anyway.
Avengeance of Boulderfist-EU
Guild Master of High Tempest
Avengeance

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon