[10] kel thuzad ice block on OT

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Trixia » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:31 pm

Belloc wrote:If you have the DPS to get to Kel'Thuzad, you have the DPS to kill him in a reasonable length of time.

Also, not having an OT frees up spot for another DPS, which greatly reduces the length of the fight.

Finally, void zones should never be an issue. What else do you have to pay attention to on that fight? You can afford to be staring at your feet the whole time. Hell, on 25 man, I spent the entire fight watching out for void zones, interrupting frost bolts (with exorcism), and tanking 2-4 adds once they spawn. This is an easy fight for a tank.

I'm not saying that having an OT for the adds is a bad idea, so don't get me wrong. I'm just saying that having the MT tank the adds is a good idea.

Eh... You'd be suprised how many DPS die in a progression kill....

Especially if your healers are getting used to dealing with Ice Block. And I saw plenty of people eat void zones (still see people eat them lol) on our original kills. OH MAH GAWD!!! MY PC LAGGED UP!!! Or It didn't even spawn on my screen!!!! I just died!!! Etc etc. People die to voids ;p

Range DPS standing out of range of heals.... Get Ice Blocked and die...

Healers not realising they need to check the distance of everyone in the raid, and tell people to come closer or move farther away. So Ranged DPS gets Ice Blocked and dies.

Ranged DPS not understanding the 10 yards apart mechanic on ice block and blocking other ranged DPS (or healers), and healers not healing the 2 Ice Blocks in time.

3 melee DPS or more in a 10 man, and healers not assigning specific targets for who to heal when the 2 melee stack both get ice blocked.

There are a lot of mechanics to healing KT, that you just don't have to deal with in any other fight in Naxx. Not saying he's a hard encounter. But if your healers don't know what their doing, and how to do it, people die. and KT can take a LONG time in a 10 man, when you lose a few DPS. Especially since mose progression kills bring 3 healers, and 2 tanks. That leaves 5 people to DPS. You lose 2 of them or even 3 to stupid reasons when your first learning the fight, and the encounter takes a LONG time.

And once it startes taking longer, your end up losing people to attrition. One healer goes OOM. Other healer gets ice blocked... Your healer with mana dies... Other healer has no mana to heal... WIPE. Etc...

It's not such a cake walk when your not in 25m gear. When it's truly a progression kill, and everyone is in Blues/i200 epics, the encounter can be difficult.

Also.

ProTip ;p

Use your /range function from DBM to make sure u know who is closer than 10 yards to you. That little trick alone saved us many wipes on KT, from Ranged DPS not using DBM, and thinking they were far enough away from a healer. Resulting in no healers getting blocked by DPS ever again.
Trixia

Postby Salamandra » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:04 pm

Trixia wrote:It's not such a cake walk when your not in 25m gear. When it's truly a progression kill, and everyone is in Blues/i200 epics, the encounter can be difficult.

I wouldn't really call that true. When I killed him in 25-man the first time, it was 8 days after release of the game, and I think maybe 1 person was in as good gear as a mixture of blues/ilevel200epics, and I wouldn't really call it that difficult even in that circumstance. In a 10-man attempt, if you have 3 dps die, that's nothing to do with gear. Those people just overwhelmingly suck. The encounter isn't difficult just because people who are awful die.
Salamandra

Postby vegardhv » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:10 am

Every DPS who dies on this fight suck :D ? Well spoken.
vegardhv
Maintankadonor

Postby Salamandra » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:09 am

vegardhv wrote:Every DPS who dies on this fight suck :D ? Well spoken.

No, but most. There's no way for 3 dps to die before tanks/healers without some significant suck occuring. If it's a progression kill, and you have 3 healers, they suck if someone who gets iceblocked alone dies. If someone is standing close enough to someone else to get iceblocked with them, they suck (The only situation in which that's not true is if you have loads of melee, which is unlikely in 10-man). If someone gets hit by void zone, they suck. How else can a dps die before a tank/healer? People have to fail in order for that to happen.
Salamandra

Previous

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon