Remove Advertisements

1/2 Spiritual attunement: Viable?

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Postby theckhd » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:28 pm

Fridmarr wrote:
DanimalEQ wrote:While this could be true, it seems silly to spend 5 points, to save 2.
That's not what he's recommending. If you are going to try to get from tier 2 ret to tier 3, you have a choice of where to put talent points, and Benediction is among them.

Yeah, I probably should have made that clearer. Since you need to spend 4 points in something, and you have a full-time Ret paladin for HotC, you could consider Benediction for 4 of those points, further reducing the mana return needed to cover our regular rotation.

I did the calculation in response to this post, which specifically asked the question because he wanted to pick up 3/3 Crusade by dropping 1 point in SA.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby trellian » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:33 pm

if you put SA next to BoSanc and make BoSanc a prerequisite, wouldn't that be enough to prevent holy from speccing into it?

So basically make it require 21 points in prot.
Last edited by trellian on Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
trellian

Postby majiben » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:34 pm

I might love that idea!
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby imapler » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:31 pm

theckhd wrote:
Fridmarr wrote:
DanimalEQ wrote:While this could be true, it seems silly to spend 5 points, to save 2.
That's not what he's recommending. If you are going to try to get from tier 2 ret to tier 3, you have a choice of where to put talent points, and Benediction is among them.

Yeah, I probably should have made that clearer. Since you need to spend 4 points in something, and you have a full-time Ret paladin for HotC, you could consider Benediction for 4 of those points, further reducing the mana return needed to cover our regular rotation.

I did the calculation in response to this post, which specifically asked the question because he wanted to pick up 3/3 Crusade by dropping 1 point in SA.

tbh with 1 point in SA i dont see a reason for taking any points in benediction unless you are 100% sure you always have a ret in the raid
i would rather spend them in imp might or HotC for redundancy
imapler

Postby theckhd » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:35 pm

imapler wrote:tbh with 1 point in SA i dont see a reason for taking any points in benediction unless you are 100% sure you always have a ret in the raid
i would rather spend them in imp might or HotC for redundancy

That's my opinion as well, but the option does exist for those who want it.

Personally I wouldn't mind having HotC for 5-mans and soloing, so I'll probably pick that up if I stick with my planned Crusade spec.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Ossuary » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:10 am

Had The Iron Council up on PTR last night, i was on the Runemaker. 1/2 SA and I couldn't spend my mana fast enough.

(On a side note, i spec into HotC and Might as well. You can have a full time ret, but sometimes people don't make it to raid, or they eat enviromental damage and die)
Ossuary

Postby theckhd » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:45 pm

Ossuary wrote:Had The Iron Council up on PTR last night, i was on the Runemaker. 1/2 SA and I couldn't spend my mana fast enough.

(On a side note, i spec into HotC and Might as well. You can have a full time ret, but sometimes people don't make it to raid, or they eat enviromental damage and die)

There are also fights where the DPS has to split up amongst multiple targets, so you might be tanking one thing while the ret paladin is attacking something else. I'd actually like to see more of these fights, I find them far more interesting than single-boss fights.

There's also 10-mans, where you might not have a Ret at all.

All sorts of good reasons to grab HotC.
theckhd

Previous

Return to Basic Training & Talents