Remove Advertisements

1/2 Spiritual attunement: Viable?

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

1/2 Spiritual attunement: Viable?

Postby Thaumatrope » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:59 pm

With spiritual attunement having been placed in tier 7 alongside holy shield, it's possible to maintain a good investment in other trees (e.g. 3/3 crusade) if we put only 1 point into spiritual attunement.

I'm pretty tempted to see if 5% SA is sufficient. Is anyone else?
User avatar
Thaumatrope
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:57 pm

Postby Racolus » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:04 pm

I did the same with the calculator.

Considering we can have DP always up, I think 1/2 in SA is enuff.
Racolus
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 5:09 pm

Postby Mavrix » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:10 pm

Honestly, it sucks pretty significantly that Spiritual Attunement isn't rolled into another talent, but instead requires direct investment. They removed some bloat in the tree only to add it back in the form of something they basically stated they feel is "must have" for paladin tanking . . . how does that make sense?
If only they would swap Crusade and PoJ spots in the ret talent tree . . .
or better yet, made SA one point for the entire benefit.
If necessity is the mother of invention, laziness must be the father.

Mavrix

Dalaran

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n&n=Mavrix
User avatar
Mavrix
 
Posts: 875
Joined: Sun May 06, 2007 6:18 pm

Postby NYRIN1 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:23 pm

Mavrix wrote:Honestly, it sucks pretty significantly that Spiritual Attunement isn't rolled into another talent, but instead requires direct investment. They removed some bloat in the tree only to add it back in the form of something they basically stated they feel is "must have" for paladin tanking . . . how does that make sense?
If only they would swap Crusade and PoJ spots in the ret talent tree . . .
or better yet, made SA one point for the entire benefit.


i agree one the 1 point idea. be that as it may... 5% with 100% DP uptime seems like its a ton of mana. remember other out side sorces will aid as well (mana tide, replen. etc. etc.)

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?paladin=00000000000000000000000000050051352310231133331232150131050000300000000000000&glyph=072417050601&version=9704

is what i think im gona rock
Image
User avatar
NYRIN1
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:21 am
Location: Miami

Postby Ossuary » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:49 pm

Pretty much the exact same spec i planned on taking as of current 3.1 patch notes. What i really want to be able to do is get some decent testing in on PTR without it bieng shutdown on me = (
Image
User avatar
Ossuary
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:55 pm

Postby kp3t3houg » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:53 am

1 point in SA + DP should be enough, im going test it on PTR when i have some spare time. What bothers me is why all those build are without Points in Divinty. Really 5 % more healing recieved ? Im still not sure if it stacs with other +healing effects, like tree aura or imp. devotion aura thou. Can some1 enlighten me on this ? If both stacks -
http://ptr.wowhead.com/?talent=sZE0xAcofkIIRRoxsox0c
Image
User avatar
kp3t3houg
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:21 am
Location: Fishing in Dalaran Sewers :)

Postby Venoseth » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:27 am

kp3t3houg wrote:1 point in SA + DP should be enough, im going test it on PTR when i have some spare time. What bothers me is why all those build are without Points in Divinty. Really 5 % more healing recieved ? Im still not sure if it stacs with other +healing effects, like tree aura or imp. devotion aura thou. Can some1 enlighten me on this ? If both stacks -
http://ptr.wowhead.com/?talent=sZE0xAcofkIIRRoxsox0c


Divinity being in the Prot tree, I've gotta assume it stacks with imp. Devo aura. Wouldn't make sense otherwise.

I'll be using the 3 spare points early in Prot for Divinity, but I don't think I'll get 5/5. The spec I'm currently thinking of taking... http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?paladin=00000000000000000000000000350050350310231133331232151130030200300000000000000&glyph=000000000000&version=9704
"Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work."

"Education is an ornament in prosperity and refuge in adversity."
Image
Venoseth
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:05 pm

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:30 am

If I look at how much Mana 10% SA generates in Boss Fights, I'll probably go with 5% and just see how it goes on trash (with DP Uptime and so on)
Sarkan-ZdC
 
Posts: 699
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 4:00 am

Postby firstamendme » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:40 am

What I dont understand is why the DP 50% healing debuff is working to cut back heals that register as self like earth shield, PoM, and lifebloom. I don't know what % of overall healing is from those types of spells so it may not be significant, but it's still odd to me considering in most situations its not causing problems to have those hit for full strength with DP up. It doesn't effect holy pally mana efficiency/throughput, which is the whole reason for the stupid debuff to begin with.
Image
User avatar
firstamendme
 
Posts: 506
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:05 am

Postby Diocaska » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:45 am

firstamendme wrote:What I dont understand is why the DP 50% healing debuff is working to cut back heals that register as self like earth shield, PoM, and lifebloom. I don't know what % of overall healing is from those types of spells so it may not be significant, but it's still odd to me considering in most situations its not causing problems to have those hit for full strength with DP up. It doesn't effect holy pally mana efficiency/throughput, which is the whole reason for the stupid debuff to begin with.


Its being looked into with a likely change it will only affect heals from Holy Light, Flash of Light and Holy Shock.

Source: http://www.worldofraids.com/wow-blue-tr ... build.html
Aurellia(90) Ulshala(85) Diocaska(85) Leighesha(85)
User avatar
Diocaska
 
Posts: 690
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:10 am

Postby Ossuary » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:03 am

kp3t3houg wrote:What bothers me is why all those build are without Points in Divinty. Really 5 % more healing recieved ? Im still not sure if it stacs with other +healing effects, like tree aura or imp. devotion aura thou. Can some1 enlighten me on this ? If both stacks -
http://ptr.wowhead.com/?talent=sZE0xAcofkIIRRoxsox0c


A nice long 13 page discussion is up for divinity. (P.S. yes they stack)
Image
User avatar
Ossuary
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:55 pm

Postby imapler » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:13 am

this is just some quick calcs and the data ive based it on is from wowhead only cus i dont have access to wow from work :P
hopefully they arent to far from the truth and will give a quick overview
this is done without considering mana from bosanc

mana pool: about 7k raidbuffed (just a number of the top of my head)
DP over 15s: 1750 mana
mana spent over 15s: 3843 (based on 3sor, 2hotr, 2hs, 2cons, 1judge)

missing: 2093 mana
thats 41860 damage with 1 point of sa
or 2791 dps

if you are going to rely only on bosanc you need 14,95 procs over 15s -> 1 proc per second, based on the above calcs

i dont really know how much dps bosses do so if someone could fill me in plz
or if someone have seen better calcs somewhere plz leave link
Last edited by imapler on Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
imapler
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:39 pm

Postby Lore » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:14 am

I'm actually gonna try skipping it entirely and seeing how well DP+Sanc keeps me going.

Aura of Despair will probably shatter my dreams though =(
User avatar
Lore
Global Mod
 
Posts: 7757
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:52 am

Postby Laz » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:36 am

I don't know if the tooltip is wrong, but in-game on the PTR the ranks are:

Rank 1: 7%
Rank 2: 12%
Laz
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:24 pm

Postby Grizwold » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:50 am

Laz wrote:I don't know if the tooltip is wrong, but in-game on the PTR the ranks are:

Rank 1: 7%
Rank 2: 12%


got the old glyph active? If not it might be a bug on the ptr just incorporating it as if the glyph was on it
Image
Grizwold
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:16 am

Next

Return to Basic Training & Talents

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 0 guests


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 0 guests
?php } else { ?