[Ret] 3.1 And Professions.

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

[Ret] 3.1 And Professions.

Postby Nymeros » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:19 pm

The standard choice still seems to be BS/JC, as while JC gets devalued a little with the +20 STR gems BS gets a boost with them.

But with the ever increasing mandatory glyphs across the board, and the extra glyph slot, I'm wondering how good Inscription might look instead of one of those in the long run.

Not that there's any hard data to look at the moment, as the spec and the glyphs are being heavily looked at. :x
befriend (v.): To use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
Nymeros

Postby majiben » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:22 pm

Mass produced epic gems are not released in 3.1 and thus the status quo remains.

You haven't looked at inscription in a long time have you? They never had an additional glyph slot. They have stronger shoulder enchants.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Nymeros » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:35 pm

Doh. Well, I'm sold then.

Teaches me for resubing late. :(
befriend (v.): To use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
Nymeros

Re: [Ret] 3.1 And Professions.

Postby Elsie » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:55 pm

Nymeros wrote:The standard choice still seems to be BS/JC, as while JC gets devalued a little with the +20 STR gems BS gets a boost with them.

But with the ever increasing mandatory glyphs across the board, and the extra glyph slot, I'm wondering how good Inscription might look instead of one of those in the long run.

Not that there's any hard data to look at the moment, as the spec and the glyphs are being heavily looked at. :x

JC doesn't devalue, BS gains value.
Elsie

Postby Dorvan » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:22 pm

Elsie wrote:JC doesn't devalue, BS gains value.

No, the release of better gems does inherently devalue JC. For example...if unlimited 20 item point gems were available to everyone, JC would net you 21 item points + any socket bonuses, down from the current 33 item points + socket bonuses.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Elsie » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:11 pm

Dorvan wrote:
Elsie wrote:JC doesn't devalue, BS gains value.

No, the release of better gems does inherently devalue JC. For example...if unlimited 20 item point gems were available to everyone, JC would net you 21 item points + any socket bonuses, down from the current 33 item points + socket bonuses.

Ahh, yes that does.. I was posting with limited use (equip 3 epics and whatnot) in mind. Though in same cases, socket bonus improvements increases the value of JC, too. So over time there could be a net equivalency.
Elsie

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes