[10] Shocking! (Thaddius Achievement)

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10] Shocking! (Thaddius Achievement)

Postby Vioarr » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:55 am

Just curious how others have completed this achievement. I've seen the thread about a 4 point strategy, but it seems a bit over the top. How have you guys completed this?
Vioarr
Maintankadonor

Postby Invisusira » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:01 am

Just... run through him? Like normal?

All the fancy diagrams and positioning in the world won't do a thing for you if your raid doesn't move when they're supposed to.
Invisusira

Postby Vioarr » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:03 am

Invisusira wrote:Just... run through him? Like normal?

All the fancy diagrams and positioning in the world won't do a thing for you if your raid doesn't move when they're supposed to.

Yes, this is what we've tried before; but we've had at least one person cross charges during a transition. I was just wondering if there are any real idiot proof ways of handling this achievement.
Vioarr
Maintankadonor

Postby sarutobi » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:06 am

As a first post, this was pretty weak. Keep it constructive.

-Guillex
sarutobi

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:22 am

When Thaddius starts his casting animation, stop casting. Stop your rotation. Just stop and watch the goddamn debuff. Then move, if necessary. Repeat. Pay attention for four minutes. Win.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Vioarr » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:27 am

Thanks for the tips. I'll be sure to check people for idiot debuff and that they have attention span flask which lasts for four minutes. I guess I should also ask for live webcam shots with them holding up a current newspaper to make sure they're not chimpanzees, right?

I wasn't asking for smartass posts saying 'OMG PAY ATTENTION NUBZ". It was specific to the positioning of the fight.
Vioarr
Maintankadonor

Postby guillex » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:44 am

Vioarr wrote:Thanks for the tips. I'll be sure to check people for idiot debuff and that they have attention span flask which lasts for four minutes. I guess I should also ask for live webcam shots with them holding up a current newspaper to make sure they're not chimpanzees, right?

I wasn't asking for smartass posts saying 'OMG PAY ATTENTION NUBZ". It was specific to the positioning of the fight.

Other than the failed first post by sarutobi, the other responses are spot on.

People have to pay attention to their debuffs on this fight. I'd check to see if there's a mod similar to the one that made the High Astromancer Solarian fight trivial ... Else, fiddle with PowerAuras, or have people make their buff/debuff list HUGE.

It's a simple thing to do.

And again, to be fair, nobody's told you to pay attention. It's pretty much been directed to those people crossing charges in your raid group.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:50 am

There is no way to idiot-proof this fight.

Deadly Boss Mods puts a giant arrow in the middle of your screen if your debuff changes. How people still manage to fail with a giant arrow in the middle of their screen makes no sense to me, but it happens. Almost always.

Yell on vent 3 seconds before he does his casting animation. Yell again while he's casting. Yell again right after he casts.

If your DPS seriously can not bear to not finish a cast and thinks getting one more shadowbolt off is more important than moving, then Jesus, Moses, Abraham, and the entire cast of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat can't help you.

Look: the fight requires you to stack, or you won't beat the enrage timer. Stacking requires people to move, and to think about their debuffs. There's no fancy positioning or rotation method (wide vs straight through) that will make a whit of difference if someone is standing where he's not supposed to be standing. All of this should be glaringly obvious, and your answer has been asked and answered several times already, hence the somewhat tongue-in-cheek nature of most of these replies.

There is no magic positioning for this fight. There are no tricks to getting the achievement. There is no substitution for people paying attention and knowing what to do. Explicitly telling people to stop what they're doing and to get ready to move and telling them to prepare to move three seconds before they may actually have to move is the most hand-holding you can possibly do.

If someone still forgets to move or wants to finish just one more cast, then you will never get this achievement.
Last edited by fuzzygeek on Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Vioarr » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:56 am

I think everyone's missing the point here.

My post is questioning the positioning of the groups (2pt, 4pt, etc), and how the rotations go. I'm pretty sure I've found every strategy out there for this fight, but I haven't found one that people "prefer".

In any event, I'll just do some more of my own research and look for info there, thanks.
Vioarr
Maintankadonor

Postby guillex » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:06 am

Vioarr wrote:I think everyone's missing the point here.

My post is questioning the positioning of the groups (2pt, 4pt, etc), and how the rotations go. I'm pretty sure I've found every strategy out there for this fight, but I haven't found one that people "prefer".

In any event, I'll just do some more of my own research and look for info there, thanks.

Uhm... Wait a second.

Vioarr wrote:Just curious how others have completed this achievement. I've seen the thread about a 4 point strategy, but it seems a bit over the top. How have you guys completed this?

Asking a general question about how people have completed it.

Vioarr wrote:Yes, this is what we've tried before; but we've had at least one person cross charges during a transition. I was just wondering if there are any real idiot proof ways of handling this achievement.

Now you're asking if there are any idiot proof ways of getting the achievement.

Vioarr wrote:I wasn't asking for smartass posts saying 'OMG PAY ATTENTION NUBZ". It was specific to the positioning of the fight.

Ah. NOW you're asking about the positioning.

If you want people to answer a question, make sure that your question is clear and concise in the first post... Or else we'll all be running around like we have been here... And each time, the question that you asked was answered.

Nobody has missed the point. In any case, thread closed.

Just as an addendum, fuzzygeek answered the positioning question in TWO PARAGRAPHS.

Look: the fight requires you to stack, or you won't beat the enrage timer. Stacking requires people to move, and to think about their debuffs. There's no fancy positioning or rotation method (wide vs straight through) that will make a whit of difference if someone is standing where he's not supposed to be standing. All of this should be glaringly obvious, and your answer has been asked and answered several times already, hence the somewhat tongue-in-cheek nature of most of these replies.

There is no magic positioning for this fight. There are no tricks to getting the achievement. There is no substitution for people paying attention and knowing what to do. Explicitly telling people to stop what they're doing and to get ready to move and telling them to prepare to move three seconds before they may actually have to move is the most hand-holding you can possibly do.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon