[H] Old Kingdom - Herald bracer drop

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[H] Old Kingdom - Herald bracer drop

Postby JRichland » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:40 am

I've been running heroic Old Kingdom pretty much every day I could for a month. I've easily done it 10-20 times, maybe more, but I've not yet seen the epic bracers drop.

Has anyone seen them drop? Are they actually in the game or are they supposed to arrive in a future patch?

It's certainly possible that I'm very unlucky, but I'm losing the will to go on slaughtering the herald and his cohorts.

Can someone confirm that they have seen those bracers?
JRichland

Postby Targy » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:01 am

Yes, he really does drop the bracers.
Targy

Postby JRichland » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:03 am

Targy wrote:Yes, he really does drop the bracers.

You're a liar.

This is beginning to feel like a conspiracy. :shock:
JRichland

Postby Kelaan » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:46 am

I've seen people in a PUG Sartharion run wearing those bracers. They do drop. ;)

See if you can get someone else to be group leader for the whole run. I know it shouldn't affect the RNG seed, but superstition dies hard. ;)
Kelaan

Postby JRichland » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:48 am

Kelaan wrote:I've seen people in a PUG Sartharion run wearing those bracers. They do drop. ;)

See if you can get someone else to be group leader for the whole run. I know it shouldn't affect the RNG seed, but superstition dies hard. ;)

One of my guildies insists that I should try fighting the herald last. Superstition is the height of absurdity and a crutch for a shackled thinker.

...Or perhaps I'll try it tonight... :wink:
JRichland

Postby Cearn » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:14 pm

Got it without fighting him last after timer ran out and with people dying during insanity (2). It's a standard drop.
Cearn

Postby Whait » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:04 am

they droped the second time i was in there, we cleared up to him killed him turned in the timer then went after the last two bosses
Whait

Postby Taeron » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:06 am

Best way to make them drop is if you bring someone along who will also want to roll on them. Any dps DK without a functional frontal cranial lobe will do.
Taeron

Postby Treck » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:19 am

They will never drop if you continiusly go there to farm them over and over again.
Going there over and over again for that one item, will just make you get frustrated about the "bad" droprate, hey, random IS random...
I went for the MGT tankingtrinket back when that realeased.
One MGT heroic every day in a row (ok, did miss 3 resets) for 46days before it dropped xD
By that time i had every single item i ever could want from there (and exalted ofc).

Now, in Wotlk, I dont go farm like a madman over loot, well, not true, I did farm like a madman since it was my main, with my alt however, i was very "lucky" with drops, drops i however didnt want/need when they dropped.
Def trinket HoL normal: lvl 77 asumed the tank would want it so didnt think id had a chance on it at all.
AN sta trinket, couldnt afford loosing my def trinket at the time.
VH trinket: was gonna build a MT gearset only on my alt so didnt care about thatone.
All of wich i didnt really care about getting, but i got all on my first few runs there.
Sure if your doing a heroic prioratize where theres upgrades etc, but setting your mind into going there over and over again without seeing it drop will only make it more annoying for yourself ^^
If you think like this, you wont get dissapointed if they dont drop, and youll get very happy if they should drop :P

You might be an unlucky guy, but the bracers do exist (have DEd a few of them myself) but this frustration is all in your head.
Treck

Postby yappo » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:41 am

yappo

Postby ulushnar » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:30 am

Got them after maybe ten runs. And we killed him third on that run to get the timer quest done.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Indago » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:39 am

They are definately in-game. I got them on my second or third run there, of course thats only counting the ones I actually finished because the group wasn't a complete /fail. Pretty nice too, I still use them.

"It's not how hard you hit, it's how hard you get hit, and keep moving forward."-R.Pausch
Indago

Postby majorwoo » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:48 am

IMO, take a PUG fury warrior. They will drop, and he will need them for his tank set.

You just wanted me to prove they were in game.. not give them to you... :twisted:
Despite all my rage, I am still just a Paladin Tank.
majorwoo

Postby Neara » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:21 pm

Go there with an Alt .. Clothie at best, drop rate goes up by 200%

Never saw the Azjol trinket with my pally, but 3 times in a row with my warlock. Made me bash my head on the table.
Neara

Postby DarkerFate » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:01 pm

People that roll with me are cursed to see nothing but epic plate drops.
Got red Sword of Courage my first and only time to heroic UP, got the shield first time I went to CoS. Got the bracers first time I went to TOK.
DarkerFate

Next

Return to General Strats