Remove Advertisements

Add Tanking

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Add Tanking

Postby Doxa » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:44 pm

Tonight we will again attempt Sarth3D. However, this time there will be only 1 add tank - me.

I think that the biggest issue I've had to day is picking up the adds quickly and keeping them. It's times like these that I hate that consecration is a DoT and has little snap threat.

So, can anyone recommend a set up (gear, talents, glyphs, etc) that will yield me the greatest threat with good block mitigation?
Tanking Trash on Doxa with Consecration(Rank3) Since 2007, on Doxah with Thunderclap since 2009 and on Doxeh with Death and Decay since 2010

Meanwhile, pulling DPS from fire with life-grip on Enlight and throwing lightning on Pneuma.
Doxa
Maintankadonor

Postby fafhrd » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:56 pm

This should probably be in one of the raid strats forums, and probably is already discussed in several threads there >.>

+1
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Andox » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:11 pm

I just wear my regular set, running as hell spamming my both taunts, AS and Judgement. Ofc a Holydin is having RF up. The whelps are very very easy to pick up, just put a COnsecration under their portal and pop AW, they will stick on you.
Andox

Postby Kelaan » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:20 pm

When I've suggested this, people in guild say that the whelps come out not from the visible portal but frmo the shadow-realm's portal. Are they in the same place, does it matter, is it close enough for government work?
Kelaan

Postby Doxa » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:34 pm

Kelaan wrote:When I've suggested this, people in guild say that the whelps come out not from the visible portal but frmo the shadow-realm's portal. Are they in the same place, does it matter, is it close enough for government work?

True. They actually spawn slightly off the portal (to the side towards Sarth at the start time).
Tanking Trash on Doxa with Consecration(Rank3) Since 2007, on Doxah with Thunderclap since 2009 and on Doxeh with Death and Decay since 2010

Meanwhile, pulling DPS from fire with life-grip on Enlight and throwing lightning on Pneuma.
Doxa
Maintankadonor

Postby guillex » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:10 pm

Póg mo thóin
guillex

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon