[10/25] Aracnophobia

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10/25] Aracnophobia

Postby BubbaBill » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:20 am

How long will bosses remain behind if not looted? We are thinking of going for aracnophobia achievement this week and looting at the end of the wing. Any other tips to help speed up this wing? Shouldn't be to tough we've been close a few times without trying.
BubbaBill

Postby amh » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:32 am

How long they´ll stay: Dunno, never tried. Used to be fine for bear-runs I think, so you should have enough time.

How to speed it up:

Assign a sturdy tank to be main puller, give him two dedicated healers. AoE everything. If you bring a lot of tanks, have one of them stay behind and pick up mobs that leave the pack. Else use a plate-wearing dps (just slap on a shield) for the same job.

Never stop. When you only have a few mobs left to kill, another tank should already be pulling. Preferably the main puller (let the other tanks taunt off him/her when there aren´t many mobs left). You should always be fighting something.

Have a dedicated person resurrecting people that die on trash.

Group Loot.

Talk while you´re clearing trash. Who´s tanking which part of the boss-fight? Who´s healing what?

Give people 20 seconds to drink up and rebuff before a boss-fight.

Anub`Rekhan: Three tanks, three mobs. MT runs in, moves AR to where he was originally, turns him sideways. OTs drag the other mobs to AR, they´ll die from the pseudo-aoe, so ignore them completely. Heroism off the bat.

Keep chain-pulling.

Maexxna: Decide who´s MT (while clearing trash). Off-tanks charge in half a step before the MT, start doing AoE-threat. MT grabs Faerlina, keeps her in the middle of the pack. AoE down the adds as soon as possible (they silence), then just nuke her. Rotate tank-cooldowns if your healers are having trouble keeping the MT up while she´s enraged.

(group loot, main puller should already be running at this point)

Did I mention chain pulling? Again, decide who´s tanking Maexxna, who´s dealing with wraps.
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Rehlachs- » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:47 am

amh wrote:Group Loot.

this.

Furthermore, you can skip some of the bigger spider packs after Maexxna by walking on the platforms' edge.
Rehlachs-

Postby Senador » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:27 am

Corpses last for a long while, at the least an hour. When we do Arac, we skip all loot till Maex is dead, then go backwards.
Senador

Postby majorwoo » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:30 am

We've also done it with skipping all loot, but only the first time. Ever since that we just have the Master Looter take care of loot while the rest of teh raid pulls more trash (i.e. our bear trash tanks chain pulling while i do loot). Usually this means people get to Widow and are yelling at me to run faster and pull already :)
Despite all my rage, I am still just a Paladin Tank.
majorwoo

Postby Zoltar » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:37 pm

Yeah on 10 man we group loot everything. The only reason a group of us do 10 man is to see just how fast we can clear the place. Fastest time to date is 2hrs 34min so getting Arachnaphobia is a given. We run with a warrior and myself and chain pull. By chain pull I mean while one tank is holding a group the other tank runs and pulls the next group and we don't stop. Mana users just have to grab a sip whenever they can.

Haven't completed it on 25 man as looting & bidding slow us down too much.
Zoltar

Postby xstrykr » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:43 pm

Zoltar wrote:Yeah on 10 man we group loot everything. The only reason a group of us do 10 man is to see just how fast we can clear the place. Fastest time to date is 2hrs 34min so getting Arachnaphobia is a given. We run with a warrior and myself and chain pull. By chain pull I mean while one tank is holding a group the other tank runs and pulls the next group and we don't stop. Mana users just have to grab a sip whenever they can.

Haven't completed it on 25 man as looting & bidding slow us down too much.

My fastest 10man was a 2:47 full clear - that would have done fine for us if we didn't wipe on Faerlina because I somehow managed to take two enraged melee hits within 2s of one another and not get a heal in between. So that basically puts Arachnophobia out of the question - and I'm probably going to attempt that again this weekend.

Also somewhat noticeable that if it wasn't for that wipe, the ONLY thing that was between us and Undying was one shadow priest dying on - where else? - Heigan. No Safety Dance = no Undying = sad pandas.
xstrykr

Postby BubbaBill » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:45 am

We got it last night. Leaving the bodies behind helped alot I think. Kept everyone focused. And designating 1 healer to stay behind and rez when needed was also helpfull.
BubbaBill

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon