[25] patchwerk, how to heal?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby inthedrops » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:32 pm

I didn't suggest it as a remedy, but as an aid. Everything helps when you're struggling. If you eat one before engaged then you can eat a second during the battle. That's almost 4 minutes of potion uptime which is much of the fight for a progression kill.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby GothicPL » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:42 pm

The original problem is likely to the lack of healer assignments. Did you see anyone discuss them in the raid chat, or some other indication that every healer understands who they should focus on?

Once that is figured out, healers need to adjust to the damage intake, and the more consistent it is, the easier it is to figure out spell timing. Other than that, this is pretty much the only Naxx fight that requires all healers to stay awake for the full duration of it.

Holy paladins can achieve remarkable throughput on this fight because of the beacon of light and hasted Holy Light spam, so I recommend bringing at least a couple.

In 25 man, we assign a pally to each of the offtanks, and they beacon the other one. A resto druid rolls HOTs on all three tanks and helps top off whoever's not full health. A couple of lesser geared healers are on MT (one good healer should be enough though.)

As for armor pots, I'd recommend saving them along with bubble wall etc until the soft enrage at 5%.
GothicPL

Postby Nick7 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:35 am

Patch ain't hard to heal, as long as healers know their job.
You will fail if healers wait for dmg to start casting heal, they either need to spam BIG heals, or start pre-casting them and break if tank at full HP, and start casting again.
In paladin's case, we set beacon of light on MT, so paladins heal MT while healing OT's.
Assign 2 healers on each OT, as hits are big - ~22k per hit on them.
Nick7

Postby Salamandra » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:35 am

GothicPL wrote:As for armor pots, I'd recommend saving them along with bubble wall etc until the soft enrage at 5%.

The last 5 seconds is the least dangerous time of all, given that it lasts for at most 10 seconds and you can use bubble wall. Using an armor pot at such a time would be a massive waste of 90% of the pot. With bubble wall, damage intake during the last 5% is notably lower than during the rest of the fight.
Salamandra

Previous

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon