Remove Advertisements

Old content raid size

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Old content raid size

Postby Morpheren » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:09 pm

Currently in the wait for 3.1 I'm going to be taking a weekly raid through old raids to see content (most of the guild didn't raid much prior to wotlk). I've done most BC content (well 5/5 hyjal 5/9 bt) and will be prep'ing and leading. We casually raid 10 mans not and have 15 or so raiders with 3-4 possible healer's and 3 tanks. I was just wondering what you guys thought healing/dps requirements are for pretty much everything from hkm/gruul through hyjal/bt, I doubt sunwell is a possibilty with less than 20 but any help would be appreciated. (we're mostly in ilvl 200 gear with random 213s, most dps is 2.5-3.5k
whatisboom.com - Two parts rocket fuel, one part genius.
Chef Koriel, Guild Master of Fury Untold on Sen'jin
Morpheren

Postby Avengeance » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:25 pm

u can 15 men everything in TBC with tier 7s - 15 men might be a bit overkill too. 3 tanks 3 healers is more than enough unless maybe for some gimmick fights like Teron or Azgalor when bosses kills your healers or something, but you'd probably kill the boss before he kills any of your raid.

SWP.. i think its more about execution than raid numbers now - taking portals in kalecgos, avoiding breath on felmyst etc.
Avengeance of Boulderfist-EU
Guild Master of High Tempest
Avengeance

Postby Kezia » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:19 pm

We've 12-manned Sunwell I think, up to Twins. Only reason we failed was due to some of the guildies not knowing the Twins fight; aside from that, it's all (very sadly) easy.
Rhetoric of the Nightfall - Alterac Mountains (US)

Guild Master, Virulent // www.virulentam.wowstead.com // www.twitter.com/virulentam
Kezia

Postby Barsine » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:28 am

As said above, almost everything is doable by just nuking it down.

Council and Illidan still requires some sort of tactic. Basically, don't try to aoe down council, and Illidan p2 adds still hurt a lot if enraged.

In Sunwell you can just nuke down the demon on Kalecgos and then kill the dragon while he's enraged.
Brutallus is almost doable with 1 tank.
Felmyst requires 1 person to lead and the rest to follow.
Twins, well don't conflag the raid and nuke down the add, well hard. :p
M'uru is a sad joke nowadays, same with KJ.
Barsine

Postby Morpheren » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:21 am

Well as far as illidan, by the time we're to him I'd likely have enough badges to buy the BC Fire Resist set if that would help. Would one tank be able to handle both adds? Would a non-FR DK be able to handle one?
whatisboom.com - Two parts rocket fuel, one part genius.
Chef Koriel, Guild Master of Fury Untold on Sen'jin
Morpheren

Postby Vindicated » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:40 am

Morpheren wrote:Well as far as illidan, by the time we're to him I'd likely have enough badges to buy the BC Fire Resist set if that would help. Would one tank be able to handle both adds? Would a non-FR DK be able to handle one?

No, the adds need to be a minimum distance from the warglaives or they enrage and rape everyone. They can't realistically be tanked by one person considering you have to move them to avoid max fire damage from the aoe they leave behind, and your raid is in the middle, where the only likely place you could tank both is.
Vindicated

Postby Belloc » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:42 pm

Morpheren wrote:Well as far as illidan, by the time we're to him I'd likely have enough badges to buy the BC Fire Resist set if that would help. Would one tank be able to handle both adds? Would a non-FR DK be able to handle one?
The adds don't do enough non-enraged damage to require FR gear at 80.

You will need two tanks for that fight, and a few others (you need at least two tanks for Gurtogg, unless letting him start attacking the raid while you're disoriented is acceptable to you), and sabre lashes on Mother will kill you. Need multiple tanks for Council, and hatefuls will still destroy non-tanks on Supremus.

Now, whether or not they need to be properly specced depends on other factors, such as healing and the quality of their tank gear.
Belloc

Postby Panzerdin » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:21 pm

Most of this can be dealt with by having a Fury Warr or Retri Paladin stand there and take the hits. They should be able to handle pretty much everything, assuming you don't enrage an elemental.
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby Worldie » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:04 pm

BT can be easily 10-15 manned, we killed Illidan with 12 (2 tanks 2 healers) including half raid dying due to no lock tank.

Sunwell, you might want 15+ simply to actually beat enrage timers. Knowing tactic is needed basically just for felmyst. Full raid can nuke felmyst down before she lifts off tho.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby guillex » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:10 pm

Worldie wrote:BT can be easily 10-15 manned, we killed Illidan with 12 (2 tanks 2 healers) including half raid dying due to no lock tank.

Sunwell, you might want 15+ simply to actually beat enrage timers. Knowing tactic is needed basically just for felmyst. Full raid can nuke felmyst down before she lifts off tho.

We got through him with no P4.

Yep. That's right. We skipped right to Maiev.

Then again, we weren't doing a 12 man.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Return to General Strats