Remove Advertisements

[10] Sartharion with 3 drakes

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Avengeance » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:30 pm

You're gonna haev an uber hard time solo tanknig drakes + whelps + fire elementals. I know it has been done with 2 tanks before but IMO 3 tanks give you far better control and error margin. Thing with having 3 tanks is, you can also use him to solo adds (a pala or war can kill non enraged elementals in 10 seconds), also 3rd tank means you dont have to aoe down the whelps after tenebron dies, he can OT them until shadron dies - while if you are doing it your way (aoeing whelps when shad is down), your incoming damage is gonna be massive (tanking 2 drakes + a pile of whelps + fire elementals).

Also when you take the portal after shadron dies, you'll find that thers 2 adds inside - shadrons + vesperons. It is probably wise to kill both while you are there to remove twilight torment for a short time. If you are really pro at it, hold dps on Vesperons add at 10%, until you see emote "Vesperon has opened a portal, a Vesperon acolyte has spawned" - what this means is portal spawn CD is up, and he summoned an add inside, but since thers already an add inside, new one wont spawn, and if you kill the 10% add now, you have a full portal time to DPS vesp).
Avengeance of Boulderfist-EU
Guild Master of High Tempest
Avengeance

Postby Nick7 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:57 am

Check my post (few posts up) with tactic/setup we used. If your people can do 4k+ DPS, 3healers/3tanks makes it much more controlled fight.
Nick7

Postby Ashmadai » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:51 pm

I have another question about this. If I only use 4 dps, all doing ~4k dps single and these are the CDs we have available to save the tank from breaths of doom, will we be able to outlast it?

IBF(Sarth tank on himself)
AMS(Sarth tank on himself)
Pain suppression(Disc priest)
HoSac+bubble(Holy paladin, not specced DG)

I think that's all I can really stack to get. I can make the holy paladin spec into DG if it's absolutely necessary and the HoSac+bubble alone won't save the tank, but she'd prefer to keep the crit she gets in the ret tree if it's not necessary.

Also, would it be imperative to have the DK tanking as Unholy for Bone Shield, or would frost work as well? It seems like Bone Shield would be huge for the breaths of doom, but there's no guarantee it'll be up for a breath.
Ashmadai

Postby Nick7 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:58 am

Our DK tank did spec so he can use most CD's for the fight.
Also, breaths from Sartharion are a bit random.
If they are spread a bit longer, you can manage without any extra CD's but only from DK. If they are on shorter timers someone will need to steup with with their CD.
On our kill we actually didn't need any extra CD's.

Also extremely important: Sarth tank shouldn't just blow CD's one after another. He needs to pay attantion to Sarth and when he casts breath (about 2 sec cast), than use one CD .. on next another .. if he's out of CD's, announce to raid so someone else can use some CD to save him - be it Hand of Sacrifice, Pain Suppression or something.
Also, if holy pala uses HoSac, he doesn't need to bubble. He will survive, although with like 20-30% of life :)
Nick7

Postby Ashmadai » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:36 am

Thanks. =) I was under the impression that the biggest breath of doom would kill somebody if they used HoSac without bubbling. I guess it would have to be landing for like 60k+ damage to make that happen though. Just out of curiosity, what is the biggest breath the MT will get on this fight? Worst case scenario, twilight torment and all? I've seen the numbers from 25 man, but not from 10.
Ashmadai

Postby Avengeance » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:48 am

Around 42k unresisted I believe - at least thats the highest one I got. Most of the time it'd only hit into the mid 30ks with FR aura.
Avengeance

Postby Nick7 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:05 am

Well... it's simple math :D
HoSac takes 30% of dmg from target to you.

In 10-man, with all buffs on and -25%HP, average holy pala will have around 15kHP, and tank around 30kHP.

Which means, if holy pala were to die from dmg taken 15k - this means tank would get 35k hit (30/70 ratio).
Nick7

Postby Maswin » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:31 pm

FINALY!!!!!!!!!

After about 80 hours of attempts since the start of the year, we killed him tonight. I have to add, with largely 10 man gear (few of us have 3 or 4 pieces of 25 man gear).

Here's (I think!) the WWS of the correct attempt:

http://wowwebstats.com/3qlhm3aymdhm3

I died a minute or so after taunting sarth when Vesperon died (had a few big blazes, no CD's or trinkets, no pots or HS left), as did one of our healers, and the other got aggro (so i thought..its over). But after a bit of panic - the other 2 tanks fighting aggro & the dk being on <30% for a while - everyone managed to calm down enough to focus. We didnt feel comfortable enough swapping the bear off Sarth with the DK to combat res me, so I just sat and watched!

(Loud noises on vent followed).

We were doing portal hopping, but healers kept going oom so we decided that on vesperon our SP and Elemental shammy would focus on healing thru the torment, seemed to work much much better (well...he died!).

Oh and, much to my guilds disgust I won the drake with a 100 roll.
Maswin

Postby Equitas » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:47 pm

ALso done last week or so

3 Tanks
3 Healers
4 Damage Dealers:
Moonkin
Mage
Warlock
Elemental Schaman
I am filled with Rage.... and cupcakes!!!
Of the Nightfall - Check
Twilight Vanquisher - Check
the Undying - Check
the Immortal - Missing
Equitas

Postby ruodhaid » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:11 am

Tryed yesterday but failed hard

at first we had dk on boss, and me as pala on drakes + adds, had a holy pala pick up adds, and me taunt him every cd, worked fine until small adds + drake2 lands, there i kinda failed to hold em all, was to hard.

we switced role so the dk was on drakes and adds, and me on boss, but that gave us aggro as we had 2 dpsers doing huge dmg, and thay were often out of range for me to salv

we switced back and forth a few times, thyed whit me tanking shart + adds but meh that was relly stuped :)

then had the fury warror spec port, but he lacked gear, alot, only 24k unbuffed hp

However now we killed 1,6 drake but then startet to have mt issues
20k brath, followed by a 15k hit 0.02 sec after, whitch instant gimped the dk

after a totalt of 30 tryes we gave op for this evening and will come back next week whit another real tank

But i would like to know when you start using cooldown on the tank, seems like we need to do it alrady after drake number 2 lands

The setup we had was

Palatank
Dk tank
Fury war
ele shaman
mage
hunter
ret pala
shadow priest
resto druid
holy pala

for next week i will swap out the hunter for a warrior tank, and prolly have the priest go holy
ruodhaid

Postby Avengeance » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:15 am

Try using your ret pala to off tank the whelps (if he has a shield slap it on), I dont know how hard they'd hit on a ret tho. But seeing as you run 2 healers, I'd recommend replacing someone with a full tank and just hav him solely handle with adds (and dont aoe them until Shadron dies, so you are making full use of this tank).
Avengeance

Postby Avengeance » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:54 pm

Just for reference, I did it again today with a completely diff setup to my first kill:
Prot Pala (me) on drakes + adds
Prot War On sarth
Fury war
Enh sham
Retadin
2x Surv hunter
Holadin
Resto druid
Resto sham

I got the holadin to RF and stand within melee range of the drakes, and i chain cast taunts on him and AS adds I see, if other heals aggro, i told the retadin to taunt them off them and pull them into the melee. The melee killed the adds with their off-target aoe pretty fast. The damage intake from all the adds was pretty big, but I shieldwall when I was tanking tenebron + shadron + whelps and lived through it until tenebron died.

I gotta say, I find full melee group a lot easier than full caster group - the only hard part is learning to solo tank the world.
Avengeance

Postby Ashmadai » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:55 pm

Avengeance, how did you rotate to keep the MT alive on the mega breaths with that group? I'm just curious.
Ashmadai

Postby Avengeance » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:17 pm

Just shieldwall - shadron died by the time shieldwall ran out.
If your dps is a bit slower, the warrior also has last stand, and a fire protection potion (absorbs 5k fire dmg i think). If shadron is still not dead - holy pala hand of sacrifice + ret's.
Avengeance

Postby Vladogor » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:33 pm

Just did it with 2tanks 2 healers and 6dps

Group setup:
Feral druid in fire/frost resist on the boss
Protection paladin (me) tanked drakes/elementals/whelps

2 Disc priests - healed me and druid

Fury warrior - tanked acolytes
Rogue - dispelled enrage
Enhance shaman
Warlock
Elem shaman - healed inside the portal
Mage

Shadron died right when Vesperon landed.

No cooldowns on MT needed. Much easier and smoother kill.... if you can pull it off.
Vladogor

PreviousNext

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon