Tankadin AddOns

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Postby Gerilith » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:28 am

Cimzar wrote:Omen > KTM 8)

Listen to him, it really is.
Gerilith

Postby tbolt » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:57 pm

Can anyone tell me the name of the addon that alerts you when an ability, like holy shield for example, can be used again by writing it across the screen ? I've seen it in a couple of videos but I can't find what it's called.
tbolt

Postby Galo » Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:31 pm

Could someone also recommend a good taunt addon, e.g. one that displays a msg in party/raidchat when your taunt gets resisted?
Galo

Postby adese » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:28 am

Tbolt wrote:Can anyone tell me the name of the addon that alerts you when an ability, like holy shield for example, can be used again by writing it across the screen ? I've seen it in a couple of videos but I can't find what it's called.

While it doesn't work exactly that way, Scrolling Combat Text is kind of like that. You can configure it to display when you gain/lose auras (i.e. buffs). You'll then see "-[Holy Shield]" on your screen when HS wears off.

Granted, in the case of Holy Shield at least, you really need to be proactive about it - on hard bosses, I generally spam the HS button when it's about to wear off so I minimize the amount of time where it isn't up.
adese

Postby Mithos » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:09 am

Off the top of my head, I use:

Omen (KTM sucks)
Deadly Bossmods
SCT/SCT Damage
Bongos
X-Perl Unitframes/raid frames
CT_Buffmod
OmniCC
Quartz (cast bar)
Atlas Loot
Cartographer (Although I may as well delete it, hardly use it...)
oRA (only because it's mandatory, all the options are disabled and it's hidden)
TauntWarn (relays resisted taunts into selected channels)
SpamSentry

I don't really like fancy crap so I just download stuff that does what I want and bung it all together :p.
Mithos

Postby tbolt » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:25 pm

adese wrote:
Tbolt wrote:Can anyone tell me the name of the addon that alerts you when an ability, like holy shield for example, can be used again by writing it across the screen ? I've seen it in a couple of videos but I can't find what it's called.

While it doesn't work exactly that way, Scrolling Combat Text is kind of like that. You can configure it to display when you gain/lose auras (i.e. buffs). You'll then see "-[Holy Shield]" on your screen when HS wears off.

Granted, in the case of Holy Shield at least, you really need to be proactive about it - on hard bosses, I generally spam the HS button when it's about to wear off so I minimize the amount of time where it isn't up.

Thanks for the reply. Combat text only announces holy shield when its activated though, I'm looking for something that'll announce when the cooldown for it is up. I'm sure I've seen a paladin video with that mod, 'cause as the pally is tanking you see things like "holy shield ready" and "exorcism ready" come up in the middle of the screen.
tbolt

Postby Lynk » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:12 pm

Galo wrote:Could someone also recommend a good taunt addon, e.g. one that displays a msg in party/raidchat when your taunt gets resisted?

Tauntwarn
Lynk

Postby Girard » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:38 am

Lynk wrote:
Galo wrote:Could someone also recommend a good taunt addon, e.g. one that displays a msg in party/raidchat when your taunt gets resisted?

Tauntwarn

Or Tauntsay
Girard

Postby stormknight » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:31 am

I tried classtimer two times. but seal of vengeance and consectration not showing up. and both are important spells.. :)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
stormknight

Postby Frickit » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:55 am

I like it for blessings also(holy hope) but I have to put all my blessings in my action bars too so in a fight I can bless someone if I need to or change their blessing. Am I wrong or does Holy Hope not let u click on a blessing then click on a player in that order?
Frickit

Postby Levantine » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:26 am

Tbolt wrote:
adese wrote:

Thanks for the reply. Combat text only announces holy shield when its activated though, I'm looking for something that'll announce when the cooldown for it is up. I'm sure I've seen a paladin video with that mod, 'cause as the pally is tanking you see things like "holy shield ready" and "exorcism ready" come up in the middle of the screen.

Parrot does that. :) I have it set to warn me when Revenge is up for my Warrior, since I'm so retarded I usually miss it. (Go figure) Setting up new Triggers can be confusing, it took me a good 15 minutes to get it right, don't hesitate to ask if you need help. ^_^ Finally, something I'm good at. :P
Levantine

Postby strydaris » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:58 am

I use Cooldown timer 2 (think thats the name) Its and Ace 2 mod. Basically what it does is 3 things.

1. When you use a spell that has a CD on it, it will make a candy bar (basically a timer bar) that shows the countdown to when your spell is ready to go again. If you hit your button to early it will zoom in and out basically saying its not ready. It also has a movable text area to tell you when your spells are ready. You can resize this and move it anywhere you want. Plus it allows you to add or remove spells from the list if you like. Out of the box it will put all your spells that have the same CD in the list when used. ie Divine shield and Divine Protection are the same spell but with different names and the same CD so it takes a bit of set up to get it how you want but its all there.

2. Will do the same thing for trinkets

3. Can be set up for pots as well.

Basically this is an all-in-one CD timer mod. Its great but like I said it takes a bit to set up the spells , mostly because if the system hasnt seen the spell yet then adding or removing the spell in the list isnt possible. I think it reads it from your spell book after using.

Hopes this helps out.
strydaris

Postby Bige » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:24 am

Pitbull (all frames, used to use ag but Pitbull is much better imo)
Bartender3
Omen
PallyPower
ArcHUD2
CooldownCount2 (think that's the name, functions like OmniCC)
ElkBuffBar
Classtimers (Chronometer convert)
SCT/SCTD (going to look into Mik's soon)
oRA2
BigWigs
Outfitter
RatingBuster
Eavesdrop
Recount
TankPoints
Decursive

Those are only my tank-related mods
Bige

Postby Talryn » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:03 am

I've been using Blizzard's built-in combat scrolling text. Anyone who has been using them for a while know how SCT and Mik's compare to Blizzard's combat text in terms of performance?

I assumed Blizzard's might be light-weight and faster but that may be a bad assumption. The other two look much, more configurable.

I've been trying to reduce the number of mods I use but that never seems to work out. :-)
Talryn

Previous

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros