Remove Advertisements

AE tanking HKM adds

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

AE tanking HKM adds

Postby cordelia » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:51 am

Hi,

I'm looking for advice on whether 1-2 tankadins can AE tank HKM's adds, and how it would be done. We have two tankadins in guild who are available to do this, if it's possible. I doubt one tankadin can handle all 4, so it would be 2 each.

Thanks.
cordelia

Postby adese » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:43 am

While it could be done in theory, you'd probably have to really, really outgear the encounter. The mage add does a ton of fire damage, not to mention his AoE (and the shaman's as well). Plus with the warlock fearing, the other mob the pally is tanking would be running loose, which is not a good thing.

I'd say it would be possible to do, maybe...but by the time you can you're probably not running GL anymore.
adese

Postby Invisusira » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:48 am

The problem with AoE tanking the HKM ads isn't so much the amount of damage they do, but the way they work and the fact that you want to keep them far away from each other:
Priest: heals, but can be interrupted. No biggie here.
Warlock: fears tossing tanks every wich way.
Mage: blast wave kills everyone. Shield MUST be spell stolen.
Shaman: ranged.
Invisusira

Postby Worldie » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:06 am

Definitively impossible to do even for a BT geared tankadin. 7k fireballs + 6k blast waves + dots + fears + knockbacks + felhunters + aoe hitting melees....

No not really.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Jarkeld » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:34 am

Only AoE you'll be doing on this fight is consecrating the felhunters right after they're summoned for a couple seconds so the warlock can pick them up I'm afraid.
In the beginning the universe was created. This has made many people upset and generally been decided as a bad idea.
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/chara ... &n=Jarkeld
Jarkeld

Re: AE tanking HKM adds

Postby DeadMilliken » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:09 pm

cordelia wrote:Hi,

I'm looking for advice on whether 1-2 tankadins can AE tank HKM's adds, and how it would be done. We have two tankadins in guild who are available to do this, if it's possible. I doubt one tankadin can handle all 4, so it would be 2 each.

Thanks.

Just to drive home the "no"

The mage is impossible to be reasonably tanked by anything other than a mage.
The fire dmg is IRRESISTABLE...fire resist does nothing to lower it.
The only way a non-mage could tank it is with over 20k HP with 3-4 healers spamming max rank healing non-stop.

The Shaman is nearly impossible to melee tank for a Paladin/Warrior because he #1 sheeps his primary target alot. #2 does considerable dmg in melee range #3 has an AoE knockback that substantially reduces total threat.

The warlock is nearly impossible to tank with anything else because he constantly deathcoils his primary tank all over the place (*roughly every 10sec)

What your prot paladins CAN do to help with HKM:

#1 one can (*with good enough gear) tank HKM himself

#2 1-2 can help the warlocks tank Olm the summoner...yes they get shot off every which way...but at least it buys time for a felpuppy to be put on him. (*ranged taunt also helps with im)

Pally tanks are EXTREMELY handy for bringing HKM back when he goes into phase 2 and runs off occasionally incapacitating the main tank.
DeadMilliken

Postby Soulbreaker » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:11 am

My guild just downed HKM and my job was to tank Olm along with a druid while the warlocks used the fel puppies on him also.

Then I took the job of rounding up HKM when he incapped the MT and started heading for the squishies.

Westfall makes my ass itch.
Soulbreaker

Return to High King / Gruul / Mag