[Ret-PvE] Gear

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Postby Fedaykin98 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:05 pm

That's me. I only lack the 2 of Nobles to have a full set. I've been refusing to pay the 2000 or so that a lot of people have been asking. I saw it as low as 1176 on the AH *before* I started collecting them, but I assumed that (like all AH prices) that price was towards the high end of things. I was able to collect all the other cards for substantially less than I had seen them on the AH, but the two is the rarest (at least on my server) and I've never seen it any cheaper than that. The best offer I've had is 1500.

I may break down and pay that (or thereabouts) before the Faire leaves town. Right now there are two 2's on the AH at about 2000g ea., and people are really trying to milk them for all they can. Would that I had paid 1176 when I had the chance!

I've also handed out two Fury of the Five Flights in PUG OSes that I've led, both before I went Ret. Alas! It dropped two weeks in a row, once with the other trinket as well. No guarantees that I would have won either roll, of course.

I have the key to EoE25 and need to clear it to get my BiS neck. My guild didn't get enough for it on Tuesday (we are semi-casual), so maybe I can PUG it this weekend, but there aren't that many successful PUGs for it on Blackhand.

FWIW, as I've mentioned in these forums I'm just taking Hit and Expertise as they come (with the exception that I use Icewalker). I do generally end up with some misses and dodges on fights (not enough Draenei to go around), but with my guild I'm usually in the top 3 and get my share of the top spot. Without flasking, and without eating sometimes (often there's a feast) because I'm being cheap and we have some people doing 1900 DPS. Not sure if the others in the top 5 or so are flasking or not.
Fedaykin98

Postby majiben » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:22 pm

Try sending mailed offers to buy the cards that are a little low balled. If they are posted at 2000g each it they'll only get 1900 after the AH cut. Try offering them 1800. Send it to everyone who posted one and maybe even people posting other cards. Most will say no but it only takes one to save you some cash.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Fedaykin98 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:57 pm

I have done that, actually. I'm kind of an old pro at driving bargains and getting deals for cards - I had a blast collecting my DMC: Vengeance back in BC. I actually sniped one card off the AH while riding in a cab across the bridge over Lake Ponchartrain (sp) in Louisiana, tethering my laptop to my cell phone.

I've gotten bargains for 7 of the Nobles cards, and the lowest I've gotten anyone to go on the two is 1500. I think I might actually be willing to pay that at this late date, but at the time I was looking for a lower price.

Definitely, though, writing the lister and trying to bargain directly is a good strategy.
Fedaykin98

Postby fafhrd » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:41 pm

I spent about 3.5k I think buying herbs in bulk, getting a friend to mill and make the cards for me. Got 2 nobles cards from that, plus a bunch of other cards. Bought a couple of other nobles cards that day which were cheap (800gish), and bought the rest one by one over the next couple of weeks (this included checking the horde AH, and either buying them with my horde alt's money, or PMing the poster that i'd buy it immediately at that price on the neutral AH if they posted it - most were only too happy to do so.

Think it ran me about 7.5k total (although while doing this, I noticed full nobles decks up on the horde AH at times for as little as 5.5k, so was kinda bummed about this - but those were flukes and prices are mostly back to 10k on my server). I still have a bunch of ink left over from all the milling, and have been selling off the non-nobles cards for 100-120g each about one a week, so am fairly satisfied with the cost.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Previous

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes