Remove Advertisements

[Holy] mp5 changes in 3.1

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

[Holy] mp5 changes in 3.1

Postby Rolfson » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:27 pm

Hey, after a while of looking around here I still cant find definitive reason as to why mp5 is going to be placed next to "godliness" in the dictionary once 3.1 comes out. Does this have to do with the supposed mana regen nerf that is incoming? Or is there some other reason that I havent found yet? Because I respec 2-3 times most weekdays depending on what I have to do that day (respecs between holy and prot) I would really like to get some of the mp5 gear that I have trashed if it will become such a huge bonus in 3.1. Thanks for all the help for this ignorant pally!

--- Sorry if this is the wrong forum, couldn't figure out which one to put it in.
Rolfson

Postby Fridmarr » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:29 pm

Moved to the proper forum and edited the title.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Sharlos » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:08 pm

What makes you think MP5 is going to stop sucking? I havn't herd anything so far.
I hate signatures, but i love irony
Sharlos

Postby Levantine » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:26 pm

Neither have I. The only changes to regen they're doing impact OOC regen, AFAIK. Which only has any effect of Druids and Holy Priests.
Levantine

Postby majiben » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:37 am

MP5 will be just as poor as it is now. The only difference is you'll be forced to take more gear with it on in 3.1

From what I understand after reading the EJ holy thread is that the gear choices will be something like this: Crit + MP5 vs Haste + MP5 but very little in the way of Haste + crit.

It's more of which is better, haste or crit?
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby sherck » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:04 am

Majiben wrote:MP5 will be just as poor as it is now. The only difference is you'll be forced to take more gear with it on in 3.1

From what I understand after reading the EJ holy thread is that the gear choices will be something like this: Crit + MP5 vs Haste + MP5 but very little in the way of Haste + crit.

It's more of which is better, haste or crit?

Agreed...MP5 is the second to last caster stat I want on my gear, only in front of Spirit.

Int > Spell Power > Crit > Haste > MP5 > Spirit

I have Crit on every piece of my gear except my legs (sigh...), my Libram (heh), and my 2 trinkets. I do not gem for Crit and with the exception of Icewalker, I do not enchant for Crit. Without Sanctified Seals, I have a 34% Crit chance with Holy Spells and 40% with Holy Light and Holy Shock and 39% with Flash of Light (glyph).

Once 3.1 comes and I can ditch 5 points in Kings and put those in Sanctified Seals, my crit on my healing spells will be solidly over 42% unbuffed and will probably approach 46-48% 25-man raid buffed.

I can see why Blizzard thinks that is too high and plans on greatly reducing crit itemization on Tier 8 level gear.

At least I have a ton of the I-level 213 Holy Plate pieces with both Crit/Haste on them so I have them to build my Shockadin set with. As I do Tier 8, I will probably build both a "Holy" set that has WAY more MP5 on it that I would like and a Shockadin set with Crit for solo/questing play.

Cheers,
sherck

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes