Azgalor

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Azgalor

Postby Amran20 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:01 pm

To any who might be approaching him, if you use bosskillers strats, don't use that one. My guild tried it twice, failed miserably, then switched to a strat Lore told me about, with Thrall on Azgalor, and melee dps on Doomguards (we had them tanked in the Tauren Camps, and then the melee left at 50% to go burn Azzy). It worked so much easier without the rogues getting RoF'd all to hell, and the Taurens are way better on the adds than Thrall could ever dream of being. Big thanks Lore, if I hadn't mentioned that strat, we'd have probably ran our heads into the wall. Make sure that as a tankadin, you tank doomguards. It's so easy with exorcism.

Onward to Archimonde (Antonidas Aegis, baby)!

“Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity.”
Amran20

Postby Afraithe » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:32 am

Our guild downed Azgalor twice this week, Tuesday (Guild first) and Wednesday right after reset.

We use a tactic similar to Bosskillers, but we have hunter pets on the Doomguards as well as Thrall and his NPCs (we try to save as many of them as possible during the trash waves). This DPS is enough to kill each Doomguard just as the next is spawning, if we are low on DPS (some NPCs died maybe) a hunter just turns around and burns the Doomguard down.

We heal our DPS through the RoF.

We had a lot of problems with him before we found a tactic that worked for us.
Afraithe

Postby Amran20 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:09 pm

Well, yeah, we certainly try to heal our DPS through RoF, but there are those inconvenient silences and such. Thrall is such a durable form of DPS, and those 6 Tauren Warriors will last the whole fight tanking Doomguards (all I really had to do for the first 50-60% was pull with exo and let one of the 6 get aggro, then DPS it with SoV. Then after the rogues left, and the Doomguards didn't die as fast, and the Taurens got low on health, I started tanking them.

I'm really glad that we don't have any trash left though! IMO the trash before Kaz'rogal is the most annoying, Azgalor's ended up being fairly easy.

“Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity.”
Amran20

Postby Rhî » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:17 am

Any Paladin tried to MT Azgalor yet?
Rhî

Postby Eliane » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:25 am

Rhî wrote:Any Paladin tried to MT Azgalor yet?

I have :D
Eliane

Postby Rhî » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:30 am

And what happened? Successful or a disaster? How was your strategy?
Rhî

Postby Eliane » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:40 am

Rhî wrote:And what happened? Successful or a disaster? How was your strategy?

I tanked him over where the Tauren Warriors are and we had Thrall on the Doomguards(?), the adds. What happend was my healers kept getting killed by bugged rain of fire so it wasnt a successfull attempt in that regard.

Next time we tried him our warrior MT was back and tanked him next to Thrall while I tanked the Doomguards in the tauren camp. We killed him on our second attempt.

Other than switchin position for the 2 tries, our tactic was exactly the same and it is very doable for paladins as long as you have the HP for it.
Eliane

Postby Rhî » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:52 am

Don't you think that the 'Howl of Azgalor'-Silence is a hard time for our threat and survibility?

I mean, our damage mitigation isn't as good as a warrior's and at the moment we have less HP. That's a bad combination. Add the silence where you can get no heal (not many), can't refresh Holy Shield and you have no Last Stand or Shieldwall.

Wouldn't we be dead?

And what happens to our tps with the Silence on us?
Rhî

Postby Eliane » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:18 am

Threat was never much of a problem and we had a warrior intercept during the silence. We did the same with the warrior tank.

I dont remember any exact numbers but I know the warrior had higher tps, but we were still doing good dps with me as a tank.
Eliane

Postby enbee » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:27 pm

I refused to tank him when asked, cba getting crushed and smashed if I'm unlucky, and looking bad :P

We have 3 of our melee dps on doomguards, mostly dps warriors, and they go recklessness burn azgalor @ 20%, I tank doomguards at the tauren camp, azgalor is tanked near thrall

Also, RoF = 40yards, so basicly all your healers can outrange it
LoL, a paladin tank!
enbee

Postby Worldie » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:34 pm

Wasnt azgalor one of those bosses that couldnt crush?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Lore » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:36 pm

Worldie wrote:Wasnt azgalor one of those bosses that couldnt crush?

Yep, and I'm pretty sure that was done at least partly so we can tank him without worrying about it. Shahraz also has a silence, and can't crush.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby enbee » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:36 pm

really... I guess thats why when we used a druid it went stupidly easy -_-
LoL, a paladin tank!
enbee

Postby Worldie » Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:33 pm

Lore wrote:

Yep, and I'm pretty sure that was done at least partly so we can tank him without worrying about it. Shahraz also has a silence, and can't crush.

I think it's just a case, else it would mean that blizz actually cares about tankadins :shock:
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby fiorina » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:22 pm

Worldie wrote:
Lore wrote:

I think it's just a case, else it would mean that blizz actually cares about tankadins :shock:

That's actually a good point. I still think encounter designers(led by Furor-lol-I-crashed-EQ-server-because-hybrids-are-tanking-better-than-me) were ignoring paladin-as-maintank option for BT/Hyjal bosses during design. But you wormed a little hole in my theory. I still think crushings have been removed from silencing bosses because of healers... but... but...
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to Mt. Hyjal