Remove Advertisements

[Druid] Feral PVP advice

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

[Druid] Feral PVP advice

Postby uke » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:41 am

Thread title moderated in accordance with sticky -Baelor
I know, I know... "WTF is this doing here? We're not PVP druidadin.com!" However:

1. This is one of the only sites I can get from work :(
2. This site is far more helpful and robust than any of the other druid sites I've found
3. Surely someone else here has a druid

That said, if you know of a better source for druid PVP info, let me know :D

Anyways, on to my question:

Been leveling a feral druid quite fervently lately, just hit 59 last night on a PVP server, so you know there's happy ganking fun times about.

Compared to the pally, I've felt a lot more helpless with the druid. I miss not having a bubble and heavy damage nuke (HoJ+judgement+everything else) my ret pally has.

Any knowledgable druids in the know on how to effectively PVP with this guy? Ran into a ganking rogue last night that just tore me up.

For rogues and other melee, do I want to go to bear form to withstand their melee attacks?

How do you deal with kiters, besides feral charge (both bear and cat versions).

Do you just mangle spam and keep bleeds up? Ferocious bite?

Input is welcome, thanks :D
Pally's been relegated to AH duties.

RAWR'ing it up as a bear now, with a side of boomkin.
uke

Postby semp » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:56 am

bear form, cyclone -> heals, dont forget roots, maim to help kite melee.
semp

Postby uke » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:48 am

semp wrote:bear form, cyclone -> heals, dont forget roots, maim to help kite melee.

Sounds like a good idea. Unfortunately I don't have cyclone yet, I'm assuming I get that in my early 60's?

Next time I get jumped, I'll probably go to bear form (which I rarely spend time in though) and see if I can outlast the rogue/warrior/dk. nature's grasp to get away and heal, with a bash for some more breathing room if needed.

I might stay in kitty form vs. casters, leaping at them and basically tearing them apart.

I need to spend some time in BG's when Im 80 and practice, it's just the surviving to get there part that's, um, 'interesting' :P

uke

Postby Anacharial » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:42 pm

I don't know what levels druids get what but this is my take on it as seen multiple times in BG's:

Kitty Form (Stealth) > Open with stunz
Stay in Kitty until they start comin at you
Switch into bear and start whacking away
Half HP = Switch out to druid form, run away heal self drop some HoT's
Switch back into bear, feral charge go to town again, repeat cyclone/heal steps until target is dead.

Try and use as many debuff making moves as possible, at a lower level I know that's what makes a difference (the amount of bleeds/damaging debuffs, and maybe raw power *shrug*)
Once a Sinner always a Sinner..
Anacharial

Postby iwillpunishu » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:55 am

Against a rogue, get into bear as fast as possible, maul, mangle, and frenzied regen when you get the rage, and make sure you fairie fire him, you might not beat him, but at least you can piss him off for the next minute. If you pop out too cyclone against a rogue, your pretty much dead, unless you've bashed him.
iwillpunishu

Postby uke » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:27 pm

Quick update: druid's the ripe level of 64 now :P, and things are going much better. Omen of Clarity + King of the Jungle means you can get long strings of attacks w/o running out of energy.

I was looking around on warcraftmovies.com and found a couple really good feral pvp'ers, trying to watch what they did. It basically consisted of knowing when to charge/stealth+pounce, burst them down in cat form, outlast them in bear form, and know when to go cheetah and run away to heal and rejoin the fight. The damage potential of these guys at level 80 looks to be ridiculous, with examples of them bursting down folks in less than 5 seconds. (and people complained about ret burst :P). I can find links when I get home from work tonight (can't at work).

I definately plan to BG it up when I hit 80 to start practicing if I decide to remain feral.

uke

Postby Lieris » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:30 pm

Watch Deep's videos if you haven't already: http://www.warcraftmovies.com/viewauthor.php?id=6575
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes