Remove Advertisements

Healing.... is it fun or just a necessity?

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Postby Chunes » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:20 am

hah i guess i should have also mentioned my hatred for paladin healing mechanics.

so definitely in agreement with arcand and the others bemoaning the paladin healing style.

Priests are a ton of fun though, so many tools in their kit :D
Chunes

Postby Zironic » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:34 am

One of the most enjoyable things about priest healing is enable Prayer of mending to show up on grid and just watch it bounce around.
Zironic

Postby Jasari » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:37 am

Zironic wrote:One of the most enjoyable things about priest healing is enable Prayer of mending to show up on grid and just watch it bounce around.

I still remember the day they added an animation to Prayer of Mending... probably the single greatest priest buff to date.
Jasari

Postby Arcand » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:40 am

Ghostcrawler was saying a couple weeks ago that "casting Prayer of Mending isn't fun" and I thought, what?

I love tossing it out during spark lightning or the shadow boss in VH and hearing the cheerful ba-ding! ba-ding! ba-ding! as it darts around. :)
Arcand

Postby cerwillis » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:58 am

I enjoy healing on my Shaman, these days its all about chain heal and riptide, which are very effective raid heal spells, plus it doesnt hurt that earth shield ticks for 2k everytime the tank gets hit.
Mistawillis - Cerwillis - Turbowillis - Evilan
<Silent Resolve> Durotan/SW:TOR Shii-Cho
Miniwillis <PK> SC
cerwillis
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:09 am

Arcand wrote:Ghostcrawler was saying a couple weeks ago that "casting Prayer of Mending isn't fun" and I thought, what?

I love tossing it out during spark lightning or the shadow boss in VH and hearing the cheerful ba-ding! ba-ding! ba-ding! as it darts around. :)

Definitely agree with you. When I got the spell for the first time I was whacking everyone with it just for the fun. Loved the noise. Loved the big sparkly streaks of light. It's some of the best fun I've ever had while casting a spell. And I LOOOOVE charging after a tank just out of reach and then blasting em with it. To me, it's the sound of a raid starting and it gets me excited. Plus, it's a handy spell to let the tank know you're ready before a pull, or if you're tanking, you know the healer is ready.

PoM not fun? BLASPHEMY!
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby cerwillis » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:15 am

Is PoM the one that sounds like I'm playing pinball when I tank?
Mistawillis - Cerwillis - Turbowillis - Evilan
<Silent Resolve> Durotan/SW:TOR Shii-Cho
Miniwillis <PK> SC
cerwillis
Maintankadonor

Postby Dantriges » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:15 am

Yeah my heal officer likes it, to tell me, come on big guy get going. :D
Dantriges

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:19 am

Cerwillis wrote:Is PoM the one that sounds like I'm playing pinball when I tank?

Yes :D
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Arcand » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:18 am

It's also a good way to nudge the tank into pulling, if they're the pretty-common sort who need a little coaxing.

If you're really consistent about it, you can do the Pavlovian conditioning thing on your tank so they pull when they hear 'ba-ding'! :D
Arcand

Postby Eizen » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:31 am

Healing can be fun, I have my paladin and a lvl80 shaman. (depends on what mechanics you like)
Resto>Holy imo.

I tried holy but I disliked it and or sucked at it so I'm sticking with what I enjoy which is being resto on my shaman since I have melee dps and tanking covered on my paladin 8)
Eizen

Postby sherck » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:25 am

Nikachelle wrote:Plus, it's a handy spell to let the tank know you're ready before a pull, or if you're tanking, you know the healer is ready.

Hmmm...I do the same thing with Beacon. If the tank looks ready to roll but is just standing there, I Beacon him no matter how much is left on Beacon timer just to let him know that his healer is ready.

Nothing like having a Warrior raise his shield hand and have a pure white Holy light coming from him. I loved the Warriors and Druids when Beacon first came out that were like "WTF?"

On topic, I have never healed past level 40 as anything other than a Healadin. I enjoy it, but I am rolling a Priest alt to see how much better/easier healing the same stuff is on a class that Blizzard appears to have at least some skill in designing / maintaining. Paladin is just fricking bi-polar right now.

Cheers,
sherck

Postby Gorlando » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:49 am

Arcand wrote:It's also a good way to nudge the tank into pulling, if they're the pretty-common sort who need a little coaxing.

If you're really consistent about it, you can do the Pavlovian conditioning thing on your tank so they pull when they hear 'ba-ding'! :D

Heh, one of my healer friends has me on a leash. He says that I can pull once he has PoM up... not a second before. :)
Gorlando

Postby Aubade » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:53 am

Gorlando wrote:
Arcand wrote:It's also a good way to nudge the tank into pulling, if they're the pretty-common sort who need a little coaxing.

Heh, one of my healer friends has me on a leash. He says that I can pull once he has PoM up... not a second before. :)

One of my paladins are the same way =[

"you better not pull 1 second before or 1 second after beacon goes up. gotta hit it on the dot, Beacon=pull, not after not before.
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby Origon » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:06 am

I hated healing on my priest back in BC (I dinged 69 a day or two before BC was released). Hated it so much that I stopped playing for a few months before coming back as shadow. I would not roll on healing gear even so that I wouldn't have to "offheal" if we ended up short a healer. Thinking back, it could have been because the healers in my guild back then were treated like disposable napkins.

Now, I'm in love with the day disc heals. No more sitting there watching a gheal castbar, cancelling if it wasnt needed. Lots of smaller heals, more abilities that are equally useful, and shiny bubbles ! (and i like making people twitch with penance / PoM). Because of my disc priest, I've switched from my dk tank main back to the priest as my main. the dk and the pally are now alts :P
Origon

PreviousNext

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes