Remove Advertisements

"You don't have the achievement"

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

"You don't have the achievement"

Postby Shroomous » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:30 pm

Weeks have gone by and I can't get into a single Naxx-25 run on my server. I spent a long time gearing myself, working on my add-ons, reading the forums, and so on and now it's come to a stand-still.

I've studied the fights a lot, I have good gear, I've cleared 10-man, raid leaders are looking for tanks, I tell them all of this and they still won't let me join because I don't have the 25-man achievement.

Being evaluated based on that single factor, with the amount of work I've put into this, is endlessly frustrating.

Has anybody else run into this problem? Any suggestions on how to get around it? Am I pretty much going to have to try to pug it myself?
Shroomous
80 Draenei Protection Paladin
Proudmoore
Shroomous

Postby ulushnar » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:23 am

Pug are a superstitious cowardly lot, especially where tanks are concerned.

This is nothing new.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby rickforking » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:48 am

If you know the fights, claim it's an alt and you have done it millions of times on your main. Then throw on all your FrR gear to show yourself at 30k+ hp unbuffed. Switch back to your real gear when tanking time comes, obv...

Edit: Other than my disagreement with your trinket selection(maybe you normally run pantheon?), your gear is fine for the run. Just lie and you should be fine.
rickforking

Postby ulushnar » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:11 am

rickforking wrote:Edit: Other than my disagreement with your trinket selection(maybe you normally run pantheon?), your gear is fine for the run. Just lie and you should be fine.

You can check achievements in the Armory. Puggers have gotten smart enough to start doing that.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Origon » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:49 am

Wait...they arent letting you into a 25 man pug because you havent previously cleared the wings in 25man mode but HAVE in 10? If you cleared it before in 25 with guild...why would you be pugging in the first place...

Love the pug mentality on Terokkar personally. 2mins to check that your gear isnt total crap and that you arent mentally retarded and you get an invite
Origon

Postby Shroomous » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:48 am

So, I bought a vent channel tonight and pugged Naxx-25. We had some awesome healers, but the dps wasn't high enough to beat the enrage on Thad even with 11 stacks, and we also got stuck on Gothik, again because the adds just weren't going down quickly enough. We did clear two wings and I got two upgrades (and a third from emblems).

Regarding trinkets... I would gem for defense before I would switch out my JC trinks. I sacrifice less stam per avoidance gain doing that than I do switching out trinkets. Optimally I would probably have avoidance trinkets and regem for avoidance for the majority of fights, but tanks are just judged too much by their hp.
Shroomous
80 Draenei Protection Paladin
Proudmoore
Shroomous

Postby guillex » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:43 am

I'm closing this thread, as it's gone from a frustration to advice, to success, to frustration...

These all have their own stickies.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon