/mouseover changes

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

/mouseover changes

Postby Mather » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:47 pm

I have used a /mouseover macro for cleanse for awhile now and with the recent 2.2 or 2.2.3 patch, something has broken in it.

I remember seeing something on the WoW forums indicating that a new line needs to be added or a targeting change made to the original macro to allow it to cleanse yourself if you have an enemy targeted and you are not moused over yourself.

Does anyone know the change that needs to be made? I can not find that original post that listed the change and I am getting tired of having to reposition my mouse to cleanse myself while tanking.

Thanks in advance.
Mather

Postby Cimzar » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:57 pm

If I remember right, they added the self-cast functionality a long time ago. As long as you do not have another friendly targeted, cleanses, heals, and all other similar spells will cast on yourself. You can go into the interface options and change the self-cast key, if you need to. Otherwise, it defaults to Alt (so if you have another friendly targeted, you hit ALT+button and it will cast on yourself).
<3 Bram
The enemy outnumber us a paltry three to one, good odds for any Paladin!
Cimzar

Re: /mouseover changes

Postby Girard » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:07 pm

Mather wrote:I have used a /mouseover macro for cleanse for awhile now and with the recent 2.2 or 2.2.3 patch, something has broken in it.

I remember seeing something on the WoW forums indicating that a new line needs to be added or a targeting change made to the original macro to allow it to cleanse yourself if you have an enemy targeted and you are not moused over yourself.

Does anyone know the change that needs to be made? I can not find that original post that listed the change and I am getting tired of having to reposition my mouse to cleanse myself while tanking.

Thanks in advance.

Empty conditions

Sometimes you may want a command to cast on a particular target under certain circumstances but behave like normal if those conditions aren't true. In this case you will want to use an empty set of conditions which will always evaluate to true. The following macro will cast Flash of Light on the unit under your mouse. If you have no mouseover or it's hostile, the macro will behave like a plain /cast Flash of Light, casting on your target and respecting self-cast key and auto-self-cast interface option.

/cast [target=mouseover, help] [ ] Flash of Light
Girard

Postby Menoch » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:40 pm

I like the following:

/cast [target=mouseover,help,exists,nodead] [ ] Cleanse
Menoch

Postby Gerilith » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:37 pm

This empty conditions thing is awesome, didnt know about it yet...thanks :)
Gerilith

Postby Mithos » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:48 pm

Yay thanks for Empty Condition thing :) very helpful.
Mithos

Postby Lorath » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:01 am

My version :)

/cast [target=mouseover,help,nodead][target=player] Cleanse

Either conditions are met and I cleanse my mouseover target or I cleanse myself. I use it on raidframes aswell as on chars directly.
Lorath, Human 80 Swedish Viking Tankadin, EU Bloodhoof
www.kingsandaces.eu
Lorath

Postby Sharlos » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:35 am

i love the mouseover macro. I hve a cleanse one but i think i shall have FoL as well.
Sharlos

Postby Mather » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:28 am

Haven't been able to play since I posted the question.

Thanks for the replys. I will try the empty condition alteration and see if that fixes my problem.
Mather

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros