Remove Advertisements

[Ret-PvE] Gear

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Postby Zironic » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:49 pm

Baelor wrote:Circle of Death

Ruthlessness

Interesting, I wonder if that's because they're underitemized like Wall of Terror and some of the other blockrating items or if they're actually itemized differently.
Zironic

Postby Dorvan » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:13 pm

Zironic wrote:
Baelor wrote:Circle of Death

Ruthlessness

Interesting, I wonder if that's because they're underitemized like Wall of Terror and some of the other blockrating items or if they're actually itemized differently.

I haven't run through the full calculation, but based on how the items rank (and the amount of stamina on other DPS rings) I'm fairly certain they're just itemized differently.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Janduin » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:18 am

Kvaern wrote:
Janduin wrote:
Sober wrote:
Ana wrote:what about trinkets? I mean I have the badge one, but am at a lack for which one to use in slot two? Any sugeestions, preferrably ones I can get outside of a raid.

Mirror of Truth is probably BIS. Check rawr-retadin.

As much as Titansteel Destroyer is such a good weapon, I'm sick and tired of it, wtb db/jawbone/armageddon/inevitable

Mirror of Truth: 2%ish crit and 333 AP (average), right?
DMC:Greatness: 475 AP average raid buffed

I'd say DMC:Greatness is best in slot, 150ish AP > 2% crit imo.

Mirror is 166AP average, at best.

Yeah, I was thinking it was 15s/45s CD and procced instantly like Greatness, but it is in reality 10s and only procs on crit, so it's about 1ppm, or 166 AP. >300 AP definitely beats 2% crit.
Janduin

Postby Shoju » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:59 am

Dorvan wrote:
Shoju wrote:well, I waited a couple of hours, and I just picked up 2,3,6,7 of nobles for about 2400 gold. I guess now it's back to farming dailies and ore so I can finish off the deck.

wtb your server economy :P

One card spiked down to 700g briefly yesterday (after I'd bought it for 850 the day before), most cards I've only seen as low as 1000g :P

It's monday. EVERYTHING is cheap on monday. I don't know why, but I always go trolling for deals during the day on monday and list stuff monday night or tuesday after maintenance. A guildie hooked me up with an 8 for the cost of the mats, so now I'm going to be looking for A,4,5 to finish it off :)

I would love a cloak of bloodied waters, as it's a better cloak for me because I'm hit capped. I don't go to H:Gun enough, and when I have been there, I haven't seen it drop. It's normally 600-1000 on my server, so it was buy cloak / try to get nobles deck. I went with the nobles deck :)
Shoju

Postby Fedaykin98 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:08 am

Right now the 2 is the most expensive card on my server. People are trying to get 1700-2000 for them, because there aren't many around.

I've spent a little over a week collecting, trying to get good deals and driving hard bargains. I've spent about 4200 on the other seven cards. Cheapest I've seen a deck advertised is 7000, so I'm on pace to have done much better even if I pay 1700 for a 2. But...a week and a half ago, I saw a 2 for 1200. So I'm being a miser right now. I'm already topping the DPS charts on several fights, and always one of the highest.
Fedaykin98

Postby Shoju » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:38 am

Ace's sell for 1-1250, fours 8-950, and fives 7-900 lately.

I'm in the top 1/3 dps in the guild. We run 2 10 man naxx groups, so I'm not worried about being told to get it together, but it would really be nice to compete with the ENH shaman and Rogue...
Shoju

Postby Fedaykin98 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:36 am

Shoju wrote:Ace's sell for 1-1250, fours 8-950, and fives 7-900 lately.

I'm in the top 1/3 dps in the guild. We run 2 10 man naxx groups, so I'm not worried about being told to get it together, but it would really be nice to compete with the ENH shaman and Rogue...

Our Rogue GM is seldom the top DPSer on any given fight (and he's geared to the nines and a great player). Usually it's me, a warlock, or a mage.

In this PUG I used to run with a fury warrior was always #1, and a couple DKs used to come in 2 and 3.

Our enhancement shaman is mostly playing an alt, but he used to beat my face in. I'd be curious to see if that's still the case.
Fedaykin98

Postby Ana » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:04 am

Fedaykin98 wrote:
Shoju wrote:Ace's sell for 1-1250, fours 8-950, and fives 7-900 lately.

Our Rogue GM is seldom the top DPSer on any given fight (and he's geared to the nines and a great player). Usually it's me, a warlock, or a mage.

In this PUG I used to run with a fury warrior was always #1, and a couple DKs used to come in 2 and 3.

Our enhancement shaman is mostly playing an alt, but he used to beat my face in. I'd be curious to see if that's still the case.

I'd like to see this warlock that tops the dps, not because I disbelieve you, but because the locks in my guild have troubles breaking 2k. The tops dps we have is rogue, mage, and me as ret, and sometimes me as tank.
Ana

Postby Zironic » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:08 am

Ana wrote:
I'd like to see this warlock that tops the dps, not because I disbelieve you, but because the locks in my guild have troubles breaking 2k. The tops dps we have is rogue, mage, and me as ret, and sometimes me as tank.

Here's one of ours high dps warlocks:
http://wowwebstats.com/d1m3kl2isg4dq?s= ... a=x1779e54

General idea seems to be
1) Spec afflictioN
2) Keep dots up
3) spam shadowbolt.
4) drain soul in execute range
Zironic

Postby Ana » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:33 am

So affliction is topping out higher than your TBC destro build?
Ana

Postby Dorvan » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:43 am

Ana wrote:So affliction is topping out higher than your TBC destro build?

Yes, Affliction is the top Warlock DPS spec right now. Apparently 0/41/30 is top based on the current PTR, but I don't know much about warlock DPS:

http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t48311-simu ... 3_1_specs/

Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Jasari » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:53 am

Ana wrote:So affliction is topping out higher than your TBC destro build?

The TBC SB spamming destro build doesn't even exist anymore due to talent tree changes and pet buffing.
Jasari

Postby Sairah » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:20 pm

My husband is a destruction/demonology hybrid who hits 2900 in 25 mans right now. Only bested by our resident DK madman (over 3K always) and our mage.

Keep this thread going! I'm assembling a ret set and very interested in this discussion :). If someone would volunteer an opinion, should I save badges for T7 chest or would I be better off getting one of the two heroic blues listed earlier (Novos or the one from Old Kingdom)?
Sairah

Postby Dorvan » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:32 pm

Sairah wrote:Keep this thread going! I'm assembling a ret set and very interested in this discussion :). If someone would volunteer an opinion, should I save badges for T7 chest or would I be better off getting one of the two heroic blues listed earlier (Novos or the one from Old Kingdom)?

If it pushes you up to a 4 piece bonus, definitely get the chest. Until then, the Novos one is better. Generally speaking, aim to wear T7 chest/shoulders/gloves/legs, with a Spiked Titansteel Helm on your head (ideally an Obsidian Greathelm, but those are less than trivial to get ahold of).

Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Fedaykin98 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:49 am

Our awesome warlock is Dilgus of Blackhand. He has been one of the top DPSers for all of Wrath, probably BC as well.

Btw the top spots on our meters are always well over 3k DPS, usually over 3.5k. I've hit 4000 on a couple occasions, including one Patchwerk.

Not trying to brag, just putting our warlock into context. :)
Fedaykin98

PreviousNext

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes