Remove Advertisements

[10] One-Side Gothik

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10] One-Side Gothik

Postby pedal2000 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:44 pm

So I don't know how this works for 25 man but for 10 man we found this worked really well tonight. Or at least, it was more entertaining.

Basically, everyone stand on live side, start the fight, hide in a corner, do the fight as normal.

At the 3 minute mark or so the gates open and all the undead come swarming through. If you have a paladin (tra-lah-lah-lah!) Argent Defender + Divine Protection + Holy Wrath = able to wipe out the entire dead side in one go. After that there is a little bit of pressure from handling two sides at once, but with a standard group you should be good to go. Adds a bit of pressure at a different time, but once you're done with that you can DPS Gothik down on either side with your entire raid from the start.

Not really needed, just a change of pace on an otherwise easy boss.
pedal2000

Postby Wolvar » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:19 pm

Interesting.. never thought of doing it that way. ..gonna try it this week!

Thanks!
Wolvar

Postby fuzzygeek » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:31 am

It doesn't work quite as well on 25s. Just FYI.

It may have gone a little better if we were a little more prepared. Idiot warrior tank ran in and tried to pick up the incoming undeads when the gate opened. Died almost instantly. If I'd been there with holy wrath with a ret ready to chain a 2nd, maybe it'd've been a different story ...
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Lightbeard » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:35 am

It is much more fun on 25
Lightbeard

Postby Selgar » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:12 am

So what would happen if you put everyone on the dead side? Would the live side mobs run over to dead side so you could kill them or just stay over there and you would be stuck unable to kill anything. If they run over that would be a really good way to do the fight seeing as you wouldnt have to kill the entire dead side at once you could do it as you go may make it a bit more managable.
Selgar

Postby Epimer » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:20 am

You wouldn't be able to start the encounter, for one :P
Epimer

Postby blueblood » Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:14 am

Epimer wrote:You wouldn't be able to start the encounter, for one :P

Couldn't a warlock do it? ;) Their teleport aren't affected by LoS if I remember my friend correctly.
blueblood

Postby blueblood » Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:21 am

Epimer wrote:You wouldn't be able to start the encounter, for one :P

Couldn't a warlock do it? ;) Their teleport aren't affected by LoS if I remember my friend correctly.
blueblood

Postby Seloei » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:23 am

or a hunter with feign death
rogue with vanish etc, theres many ways but i believe there will be a lot of adds coming through if you wipe on the living side?
Seloei

Postby Dakiros » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:21 am

One thing to note if you try it on 25, when the undeads come rushing in you are probably going to lose a lot of people from the graphics crashing them. We had to do it the boring way last night because we just lost too many people but if your raid can handle it then this is definitely a better way to beat him.
Dakiros

Postby djlar » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:02 pm

Is there an achievment for doing one side only?
djlar

Postby Spectrum » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:08 pm

Selgar wrote:So what would happen if you put everyone on the dead side? Would the live side mobs run over to dead side so you could kill them or just stay over there and you would be stuck unable to kill anything. If they run over that would be a really good way to do the fight seeing as you wouldnt have to kill the entire dead side at once you could do it as you go may make it a bit more managable.

Interesting ideas. If the mobs didn't come through you'd just have to wait for Gothik to come down and port to your side, where you could kill him, though you might get quite a rush at 30% when the gates open.
Spectrum
Maintankadonor

Re: [10] One-Side Gothik

Postby Flankar » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:40 pm

pedal2000 wrote:So I don't know how this works for 25 man but for 10 man we found this worked really well tonight. Or at least, it was more entertaining.

Basically, everyone stand on live side, start the fight, hide in a corner, do the fight as normal.

At the 3 minute mark or so the gates open and all the undead come swarming through. If you have a paladin (tra-lah-lah-lah!) Argent Defender + Divine Protection + Holy Wrath = able to wipe out the entire dead side in one go. After that there is a little bit of pressure from handling two sides at once, but with a standard group you should be good to go. Adds a bit of pressure at a different time, but once you're done with that you can DPS Gothik down on either side with your entire raid from the start.

Not really needed, just a change of pace on an otherwise easy boss.

I've actually done this quite a few times on 10man (never 25) and it is fairly easy. I find it helps to have Con. down first and HS up (less CDs for bubble and HW) because they come pretty fast and slightly staggered. Also, the gates open on wave 12. Not sure if the timing is different depending on DPS, but it's been wave 12 each time for me.

My first time as MT on this (did it once before as OT) our vent converse was more like:
"When do they open?"
"I think wave 14 or 16"
-- Wave 12 --
"HOLY CRAP, HERE THEY COME"
-- Wipe --
"Hmm, I guess it's wave 12 then" :D
Flankar

Postby Serelynn » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:45 pm

For a while on 25 man, my guild had the #1 kill time on WWS for Gothik when we did this with everyone sitting on the live side. So much fun. <3
Serelynn

Re: [10] One-Side Gothik

Postby pedal2000 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:41 am

Flankar wrote:"When do they open?"
"I think wave 14 or 16"
-- Wave 12 --
"HOLY CRAP, HERE THEY COME"
-- Wipe --
"Hmm, I guess it's wave 12 then" :D

This was exactly the same as our vent. I had got AFK to get a mini pizza since I had 4 minutes.
pedal2000

Next

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon