Remove Advertisements

Duoing soloable bosses

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Duoing soloable bosses

Postby Dane » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:40 pm

Ok...silly question, but since I have access to two computers, and two accounts, I would think that taking my wife's mage along with my pally for things like Garr, etc, would only make it go THAT much faster.

However, I'm wondering what, if any bosses or instances have mechanics that would actually make it TOUGHER if you went in as a duo instead of solo.

Does that make any sense? In my head it did...but after typing it out, it seems stupid.
Dane

Postby Tropicana » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:57 pm

Lucifron: Mind Controls
Hakkar: Mind Controls
Skeram: Mind Controls
Panther: Adds stick to a random person

Any boss where other people take a lot of damage:
Geddon - the bomb
Shazz - Might be able to out range the aoe, but can still blink to other people and drop aggro
Sulfuron - adds have a lot of dots, might be able to out range

That is all that come to mind right now. The 4 main bosses of AQ20 should be safe. Just will have to be careful of sand traps on Kurinax, might be hard to do while controlling both characters by yourself.
Tropicana

Postby Dane » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:11 pm

Tropicana wrote:Lucifron: Mind Controls
Hakkar: Mind Controls
Skeram: Mind Controls
Panther: Adds stick to a random person

Any boss where other people take a lot of damage:
Geddon - the bomb
Shazz - Might be able to out range the aoe, but can still blink to other people and drop aggro
Sulfuron - adds have a lot of dots, might be able to out range

That is all that come to mind right now. The 4 main bosses of AQ20 should be safe. Just will have to be careful of sand traps on Kurinax, might be hard to do while controlling both characters by yourself.

Good info thanks.

And I can always make my wife control her character. Just might be harder when I'm trying to get the bindings because there's no use for her getting them.
Dane

Postby Kelaan » Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:05 pm

ZG Tiger Boss (or, more specifically, his melee add) will gouge the tank fairly often -- at which point the party-o-baddies go and curbstomp your partner. If they weren't already a tank class (esp one that can self-heal....), it'd be quite challenging. (You could jsut have someone else tank the gouging add, I guess.) I never figured out how to beat Hakkar's Mind Control, either.
Kelaan

Postby Tropicana » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:33 pm

Or keep your back to that add, consecrate will hold aggro, use mage to burn that add.
Tropicana

Postby Kelaan » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:54 pm

Tropicana wrote:Or keep your back to that add, consecrate will hold aggro, use mage to burn that add.

Interesting point. I guess the mage can reliably counterspell the healer, too? That's not a bad idea at all.
Kelaan

Postby Balerion » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:41 pm

Tropicana wrote:Or keep your back to that add, consecrate will hold aggro, use mage to burn that add.

Confirmed. I 2 and 3 box Tiger boss whenever it's up. Turn your back on rogue, concecrate often, and be sure to watch your health a little more carefully as you'll be taking a little more damage from behind.
Balerion

Return to General Strats