Offtanking Lady Vashj ...

Hydross, Lurker, Leotheras, Fathom-Lord, Tidewalker, Vashj

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Offtanking Lady Vashj ...

Postby Buffbot » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:07 pm

... sucks. When she shock-blast-thingies the maintank, she looses her current target for about 3 seconds, her un-tauntable (for paladins atleast) until she gets out of range to target the maintank, which by the time he is usually out of the stun. And as one of our guilds druids(feral, usual vashj OT) are abit thick, and won't allow information to pass through, he started flaming me for having too slow reactions when i tried to explain it to him.

That said, we still got her down.

I couldn't find anything about this as when i searched for "Vashj" i got uhm, all threads. :shock:

Oh and my first post btw, have been lurking here for a while though :oops: :)
Buffbot

Postby Jensaarai » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:17 pm

In my experience she doesn't do anything while she's untauntable anyway, so it didn't really matter :)
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
Jensaarai

Postby Buffbot » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:19 pm

Jensaarai wrote:In my experience she doesn't do anything while she's untauntable anyway, so it didn't really matter :)

Except stunning the MT, running away from him, while also not targeting him (this is where our druid OT usually taunts, and takes her back to him. But i can't since she does not have a target) ? :?
Buffbot

Postby Worldie » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:27 pm

Wait, since when you need a OT on Vashj? :O we never used such thing.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Dorvan » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:34 pm

Check the top of the strats forums, you'll find an announcement about our new and improved strat subforums, including a topic on Vashj :-)

That out of the way, using a grounding totem in the MT group should ensure that your MT never gets stunned, removing the need for an OT in Phase 1/3 except possibly if the MT gets Static Charged (though I hear the range on that is short enough that melee can still stay in if they're positioned correctly).

That said, I'm going to lock this thread, feel free to continue the conversation in the existing Vashj thread.
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Return to Serpentshrine Cavern