3.1 Aura Mastery 11/54/6

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

3.1 Aura Mastery 11/54/6

Postby Doddin » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:50 am

* Aura Mastery: Now makes anyone affected by Concentration Aura to be immune to Interrupt and Silence mechanics and increases the effectiveness of all other auras by 100%. Lasts 10 sec. 2 min cooldown.

So with the new aura mastery what do you guys think of a 11/54/6 build

something like this:
http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?paladin ... rsion=9658

Currently there are only 2 paladins in my guild who raid regularly, me and a holy pally. The holy pally is stubborn and spec'd for imp devo and always runs with it so I usually run with an alternate aura depending on the fight.

would it be worth it to have another handy cooldown?
Doddin

Postby majiben » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:58 am

I was initally excited by this talent but upon further evaluation I think it's too weak for anyting but a gimmick fight. The increase in armor is at worse 600 armor, most likely 1200 armor and at best 1800 all of which is a fairly small amount for a 1/12 uptime. The ret aura portion we don't care about, we might care about the con aura one but that's still a gimmick. Now the resist aura boosts are the most interesting ones but they really only excite if you already stacking resist gear other wise it is only an 11.11% reduction in the relative maximum hit.

Not saying this talent won't have it's uses but I can't see speccing it for my general purpose tanking spec.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Praise » Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:45 am

This might be a good build if Aura Mastery is doubling the effectiveness of both the Improved Armor portion and Healing done portion of Improved Devotion Aura(1806 Armor x2 AND 6% Healing x2).
Praise

Postby Yadard » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:49 am

Going into Holy for a 10-second armour & heal boost once every two minutes?

No thanks

Sworn: We do bad things to bad people.

Yadard - 70 - Moonglade
Yadard

Postby Wibu » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:56 am

At best it'll equate to around 2% physical mitigation (most likely around 1.5% or lower depending on your current armor) and 6% more healing for 10 seconds out of 120... Blerg

However, depending how it effects *other* paladins in the raid auras and if it effects talented versions of those auras it could be a potent CD but not something worth diving that far down into holy for imo.
Wibu

Postby Fridmarr » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:59 am

Wibu wrote:At best it'll equate to around 2% physical mitigation (most likely around 1.5% or lower depending on your current armor) and 6% more healing for 10 seconds out of 120... Blerg

However, depending how it effects *other* paladins in the raid auras and if it effects talented versions of those auras it could be a potent CD but not something worth diving that far down into holy for imo.

If you are going into holy that far, it's probably for Imp LoH, at which point Aura Mastery looks decent too. I don't think Aura Mastery by itself is worth that trip.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Panzerdin » Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:11 am

I can't see any reason why you'd want this, especially as you have to sacrifice points from somewhere in Prot to get it.
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby Dorvan » Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:23 pm

The real reason we'll all be spec'ing Aura mastery :P (courtesy of EJ)

Aura Mastery is also not on the GCD, and u can use it while mounted like someone else already mentioned, giving it a 40% speed increase

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:43 pm

I'll just 2nd-spec Holy for that. :P

(Though the thing where swapping drains all your mana will be annoying as hell if I switch to travel.)
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby majiben » Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:57 pm

The boost only lasts 10 seconds.
majiben

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:07 pm

Which is why I wouldn't change my main spec specifically to grab it.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Fetzie » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:33 am

At least on the EU build (idk if americans have a different one) it only adds the unimproved devotion aura armor (1205), even when you have specced into imp. devotion aura. I submitted a bug report in the hope that this is unintended.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Vanna » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:59 am

So will it double the talented buffs of Auras? e.g. Retribution Damage increase (mini heroism?) or Devotion overhealerrrr +heal? Btw I like the silence thing too.

I am not sure if it is worth it.
Vanna

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:00 am

I still say this is for the use on gimick fights (breath on sartha for instance or for frost hit phase on hodir) and one resistance aura. Not for the use of the extra +600 armor, because everyone knows how weak that is :)
Sarkan-ZdC

Postby majiben » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:03 am

Vanna wrote:So will it double the talented buffs of Auras? e.g. Retribution Damage increase (mini heroism?) or Devotion overhealerrrr +heal? Btw I like the silence thing too.

I am not sure if it is worth it.
No
Sarkan-ZdC wrote:I still say this is for the use on gimick fights (breath on sartha for instance or for frost hit phase on hodir) and one resistance aura. Not for the use of the extra +600 armor, because everyone knows how weak that is :)
Still incrediably weak. Really if they make fights where it's needed they've failed to make the encounter one where we just don't throw a DK on it. You're paying 6 talent points for a weak CD 11-16% reduction in damage. Reallly if we need this then it's truely an encounter where you use anyone but a paladin for it.
majiben

Next

Return to Basic Training & Talents