Remove Advertisements

Heigan positioning [10]

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Panzerdin » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:40 pm

Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby Zeels » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:36 pm

This video is not available in your country.
By the Power of Grey Skull!

Lvl 80 Spanks you very much Spankadin!

Spank
Zeels

Postby MrDuck » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:30 pm

Zeels wrote:

This video is not available in your country.
Same here. I'd so like to try my shield of righteousness on these greedy fags who force these limits -.-
MrDuck

Postby Zoltar » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:38 pm

The most important thing I find is to have the macro "/e teabags %T" in a handy position so I can teabag the corpses I pass as I tank him.
Zoltar

Postby Gullion » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:50 pm

Zoltar wrote:The most important thing I find is to have the macro "/e teabags %T" in a handy position so I can teabag the corpses I pass as I tank him.

^^ This. I do the SAME shit! LAWL!!
Frisbeeing no0bs since 2005
Gullion

Postby Maswin » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:11 am

Astonishes me that people try to find a way to not learn this fight. It really is as easy as counting to 4....

It's the same pattern every time, with the same sections broken up in the same way, it's as predictable as when the sun will rise and set. Hell if you can't even remember a pattern as simple as that, take smoke flares and make it even more ezmode.

I only wish there was a dance like this to get into naxx, and if you fail once you're saved to an empty instance for the week. Would certainly make my heroic pugs less painful!
Maswin

Postby discerpo » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:38 am

Anubisknight wrote:
Zeels wrote:Dance it already? Just bring your dance shoes and you'll do fine 1-2-3, 1-2-3 and so on

You forgot 4 :p

Haha, I thought the same thing as i read it.
Discerpo-Unholy/Blood Troll DK
Horde-Gorefiend

Vindicated wrote: The hell? this is the internet, where I've been over 18 since I was 12.
discerpo

Postby Gullion » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:29 am

Maswin wrote: Hell if you can't even remember a pattern as simple as that, take smoke flares and make it even more ezmode.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=23768 is full of win. When tanks like I drop this in the very middle of each 4 opening spots of the dance. There is ABSOLUTELY NO reason for ppl to screw up the dance. Just stack up on the flare and move as easy as "1-2-3-4"
Frisbeeing no0bs since 2005
Gullion

Postby Mozen » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:20 pm

Did this fight for the very first time ever last night. Can't think of why people can't do it.

But that's not what I wanted to say.

What is the current range of the debuff? I was ST yesterday, and the MT was keeping Heigan a good distance away from the platform. Almost halfway between the platform and the other end of the room.

Old strategy I read says we could keep him close to the edge of the platform, and have the casters stand against the wall. This way we minimize movement during the dance.

I'd like to know this for when I get the chance to MT him in future, to know how far I should keep him away from the platform in P1.
Mozen

Postby Epimer » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:36 am

They increased the range of that debuff in (I think) 3.0.8 - possibly to discourage people from the "cheap" way of doing it. Now, halfway between the platform and bottom wall is about right, but you have to watch zone 1 and 4 a little when you do that (a straight path might have you catching a tick of the green stuff).

We just have a ranged or healer make "Too close!" or "Too far!" macros they can hit if I'm making life difficult for them, but they weren't necessary on the last couple of attempts.
Epimer

Postby Nalyn » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:02 am

Maswin wrote:Astonishes me that people try to find a way to not learn this fight.

This was my thought exactly, does your raid have problems dodging lava waves on sartharion? or getting to the ice blocks on sapphiron? or standing in the shadow circles for KT? It's all basically the same thing, moving to, or out of, an area to avoid environment/ae damage.
Nalyn

Postby Playdoh » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:22 am

Neat little trick my MT told me.

I can dance but I was having problems with the distance as well.

He says in his mind corner, middle, corner, side. How this helps me is that instead of looking where the green stuff wasn't in my mind I have my next place I want to be already planned out.

That way I don't seem to get too far or too close to the platform.

It put an exact place to be with the 1, 2, 3, 4 and has given smoother attempts at the boss.
Playdoh
Maintankadonor

Postby Vioarr » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:31 am

Is anyone else getting tired of the "omg ur a cheater" posts, when someone is being intelligent when devising a strategy?

This fight is easy, pre 3.0.8 it was even easier; newsflash it's not an exploit because the range was a set amount. It would be an exploit if it was a LoS issue (like first boss in Mech where you stand on ramp to DPS).
Vioarr
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon