Remove Advertisements

[10] Maexxna Spiderlings

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10] Maexxna Spiderlings

Postby Molson » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:19 pm

I was tasked with controlling Maexxna's Spiderlings and had a difficult time doing so. Should it be as simple as dropping consecrate just before they spawn? They seem to ignore it completely. I was dropping consecrate about two seconds prior to them spawning.
Molson

Postby guillex » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:21 pm

As Panzerdin's stated in the sticky:

Are you sitting behind her, dropping your consecrate there to pick them up?
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Molson » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:36 pm

Guillex wrote:As Panzerdin's stated in the sticky:

Are you sitting behind her, dropping your consecrate there to pick them up?

Yep, and they run right past me. If that's all there is to it, I must be doing it wrong!
Molson

Postby Kelaan » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:47 pm

They are QUITE fast. Often, they seem to spawn and scatter between cons ticks, or a tick will happen after a big heal lands, etc. We tend to have a DK with a D&D on the ground there to help catch them, when we can, and casters/ranged try to group up so that mages can FN/Blizzard them as needed.
Kelaan

Postby Molson » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:51 pm

Kelaan wrote:They are QUITE fast. Often, they seem to spawn and scatter between cons ticks, or a tick will happen after a big heal lands, etc. We tend to have a DK with a D&D on the ground there to help catch them, when we can, and casters/ranged try to group up so that mages can FN/Blizzard them as needed.

Thank you, Kelaan. I think we'll try the grouping strat tonight; we have a Mage in our group, so I may ask him to help round them up with FN.

The DPS and healers do not pause when the spiderlings spawn so it seems that they just run wild between the consecrate ticks.
Molson

Postby Playdoh » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:00 pm

also have people stand closer together?

Especially if you have a shaman in each group for poison totems.
Playdoh
Maintankadonor

Postby dmok » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:02 pm

We have never bothered with a tank for the spiderlings. They go down in a few seconds of short AoE from mages/locks and don't hit for very hard.
There ain't no pirate like a Mead Hall Pirate

Mead Hall Pirates - The Scryers US
Dmor: 80 Prot Paladin | Dmok: 80 MM Hunter | Dmos: 80 Disc Priest | Dmoz: 80 Unholy DK
dmok

Postby Samilyn » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:18 pm

They seem to focus on random players with 10k aggro. Whether they run to a healer, a hunter, or a mage, I always notice 10k aggro on their target.

If you have a lot of AOE you can kill them before they run out, or have one or more people run around and kill them all. Don't bother trying to tank them.
Samilyn

Postby Zeels » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:47 pm

I also tried to pick them up in the beginning. Don't do that either group up in one spot for all dps:ers or just aoe some when they spawn (all that can aoe to some extent.

If you really do see them as a problem, a mage with a timed frost nova will do the trick.
By the Power of Grey Skull!

Lvl 80 Spanks you very much Spankadin!

Spank
Zeels

Postby Malthrax » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:52 pm

I just don't understand how the same healers & DPSers who can't stop standing on top of one another during Kel'Thuzad and Sapphiron can't seem to manage to stand on top of one another during Thaddius and Maexxna.

:roll:
Malthrax

Re: [10] Maexxna Spiderlings

Postby amh » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:10 am

Molson wrote:I was tasked with controlling Maexxna's Spiderlings and had a difficult time doing so. Should it be as simple as dropping consecrate just before they spawn? They seem to ignore it completely. I was dropping consecrate about two seconds prior to them spawning.

They really don´t care - at all. Ignore them and save your mana to do some dps :)

We have a warrior shockwave just as they spawn. They focus on him for two seconds, then trail off to their original targets. As stated, have your ranged stack up so you can aoe them down quickly. Nothing else is worth the effort.
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby drizzy » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:32 am

I was starting to think these guys just ignore threat - I TClap when they spawn and they just run off and attack whoever. Little dickheads.
drizzy - Retired until Blizzard introduce cross-region transfers
Grilloz - Sometimes I tank, sometimes I spank
drizzy

Postby Belloc » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:00 am

Either have a mage use frost nova every time they spawn, or just call out for aoe to be on the boss when they spawn.

Or just eat it. They're weak.
Belloc

Postby Icblood » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:42 am

I have never had a problem with the spiderlings. I just put down a consecrate like 1-2 seconds before they spawn. I know when they spawn because of Deadlybossmods. You have to stand like right under Maexx. you know when u target an enemy, u see a red circle under the target? try to get right into the center of Maexx red circle and consecrate there when the spiderlings spawn. That is how i do it.
Icblood

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon