Remove Advertisements

[A] PvE Paladin seeks new server, new guild

Looking for Paladin? Looking for guild? Post here.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, honorshammer

[A] PvE Paladin seeks new server, new guild

Postby Baelor » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:41 pm

I figured I'd put myself out there, see if there are any guilds out there that would fit my bill and be interested in a paladin tank of my sort. Here goes nothing -

Who I am: Currently Baelor of Runetotem server, looking to change realms. Most BC experience is as a protection paladin (20/41/0 mostly, check out the Rate My Spec section for my ramblings on speccing hybrid; some time spent as 0/49/12 as well) and own 4/5 Tier 4 prot as well as almost every tank armor out of Karazhan, a Merciless Gladiator's Gavel, and an epic'ed out kara/t4 healing set for those times I don't need/shouldn't tank. I also used to theorycraft about paladin tanking extensively, as evidenced by my high post count on these forums. (A side note, I also have a 168/172 NR/FrR set for Hydross tanking, even though I have not attempted him)

Where I've been: I have raided as holy, ret, and prot and have cleared in my history MC (I've got Sulfuras to prove it!), BWL, AQ20, ZG, Karazhan, Gruul, and Magtheridon. As far as BC content past Mag, I've tanked Void Reaver and participated in attempts on Lurker. Been on Runetotem server for the life of this character, no other 70's - and have been in 3 raid guilds on Runetotem server. Champions of Destiny, the #3 progression alliance guild for a good while before AQ opened on the server; Prophecy, the guild with which I completed BWL and up to Twin Emps in AQ40; and Adaptation, the guild I founded on Runetotem and with which I have done all my BC raiding.

What I'm looking for: A guild that raids 2-4 nights a week and ends raids no later than 12:30 EST, and is mature first and foremost (18+ years old, positive outlook and devoid of leetspeak preferably), committed to progressing through BT/Hyjal and completing the current content available. I'm not looking to be in a server-first guild, or a guild that slings insults constantly in guild chat, or with more interest in gearing alts than completing content they haven't seen yet. Gear distribution isn't a huge issue, I don't care whether it's a loot council, /roll, or DKP guild. Raid schedule is the main sticking point - I'd like to raid 3 nights a week, Sunday night or weekdays (no Friday or Saturday), no earlier than 7:30 EST, and no later than 12:30 EST.

I have Ventrilo and TS2, know how to use them, and am available via these forums or AIM to chat further, if you're interested in learning more about me.
I am the light that brings the dawn.
Something Wicked this way comes.
Formerly: Baelor of Runetotem-US (2006-2007) | Cathmor of Malfurion-US (2007-2010)
Follow me on Twitter
Baelor

Postby Lore » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:43 pm

Baelor is an awesome guy and an excellent tankadin, anyone looking to pick one up should definitely look here.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Baelor » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:55 pm

Thanks for the endorsement Lore.

Talked with a few GMs today, not really sold on what I've seen so far - any EST/CST PvE servers need a prot paladin for an SSC/TK guild?
Formerly: Baelor of Runetotem-US (2006-2007) | Cathmor of Malfurion-US (2007-2010)
Follow me on Twitter
Baelor

Postby Joanadark » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:34 pm

post your advert on tankspot as well.

I get asked quite often about solid recruitable tankadins, and can never think who to refer people to that isnt fully committed to their current guild.

You'd be just what a number of guild leaders I've spoken with are looking for.

http://www.tankspot.com/forums/guild-re ... l-classes/
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Baelor » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:24 pm

Follow me on Twitter
Baelor

Postby Baelor » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:59 am

A note -

With a little work, I can be a ret paladin too. The main thing would be t4 chest token so I can complete my 4 piece set bonus. Everything else I can get on my own in 2 weeks or so.

So, prot or ret paladin, at your service...
Follow me on Twitter
Baelor

Postby Lumenactio » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:28 pm

Hey mate, could you hit me up with your gear? Mostly Kara geared?

We recently lost our prot pally.

We're 5/6 ssc and 2/4 Eye.

We raid 4 nights a week, from 8:30 EST till Midnight EST, I believe Monday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday.

Looking for someone to slot in and be able to commit to our schedule and not flake out. Mature is a plus. We're mostly 25+, though there are some young folks.
Lumenactio

Postby pyrotechniq » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:33 am

Maelstrom on Lightning's Blade is currently looking for another prot pally. . We are on kael 45% atm. Vag has been down for a about a month.

Atm we have 5 warr's 2 druids and me. I've been pushing for them to drop a couple warr's a pick up another pally tank.

We raid from 8 -12 EST 6 days a week. We expect 4 days a week attendance wise. If you would like to post an application our website it is www.maelstromlb.com .

Maelstrom has been together since MC. We are mostly in the 20 - 25 age bracket although we have some 30+ members and probably 2-3 < 18 . We use DKP for loots.

If you would like to talk to me personally, you can send me a tell in game or a PM on our forum.
pyrotechniq

Postby Baelor » Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:14 am

Sorry guys, got an offer I couldn't refuse to be a guild's ret paladin. 2.3 comes, I'm going to be striking faces in SSC and TK. Good luck in your recruitment!
Follow me on Twitter
Baelor

Postby Lonso » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:57 pm

Wouldn't you rather be tanking? I'm looking for a backup to alternate with me. You'd be: MT on VR & Leo, tanking the hunter + pet on Karathress, murlocks on Morogrim, adds on A'lar, OT and adds on Vashj

We raid Wed 6-9 server, Fri 6-9ish server, Sun 2 to 6 or 7 usually. Server = Pacific. The minimum attendance requirement is one raid a week.
Lonso

Return to Recruitment