Remove Advertisements

Picking up whelps - Sarth 3D

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Picking up whelps - Sarth 3D

Postby Eanin » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:55 pm

I've been on whelp duty for a while on Sarth 3d, and something still really causes me problems.

The whelps seem to come out exactly as a fire wall goes over them. This isn't a big deal when the wall is from the north, but when it is from the south, I basically need to consecrate, run, and run back.

The problem is, the consecrate, run, run back thing just doesn't catch all the whelps usually. Plus, if I don't time it right, the consecrate will fade while I'm running around, and I'll get no whelps.

Any tricks for dealing with the fire wall from the south when on add duty for 3D? Other than that, I find the add tanking really manageable, but this is a really frustrating...coincidence?
Eanin

Re: Picking up whelps - Sarth 3D

Postby Fridmarr » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:01 pm

Eanin wrote:I've been on whelp duty for a while on Sarth 3d, and something still really causes me problems.

The whelps seem to come out exactly as a fire wall goes over them. This isn't a big deal when the wall is from the north, but when it is from the south, I basically need to consecrate, run, and run back.

The problem is, the consecrate, run, run back thing just doesn't catch all the whelps usually. Plus, if I don't time it right, the consecrate will fade while I'm running around, and I'll get no whelps.

Any tricks for dealing with the fire wall from the south when on add duty for 3D? Other than that, I find the add tanking really manageable, but this is a really frustrating...coincidence?

Once I know the whelps are going to be coming soon, I go to the portal and put down a consecrate, refresh it if needed, and use my other skills for picking up any elementals that spawn.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Dobbelsteen » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:08 pm

What I do is when the portal appears, count to 10, drop consecration, profit :P
Dobbelsteen

Postby Huon » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:14 am

Here is a good Cue,
They will hatch +/- 3 second from the second lava wave.

So Pull Sarth, Lava wall #1 right as Tenebron becomes targetable... Wall #2 is called --> drop down concecrate on the portal. MOST of the time, they hatch right as the wave ends.
Huon

Postby Eanin » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:48 am

Huon wrote:Here is a good Cue,

So Pull Sarth, Lava wall #1 right as Tenebron becomes targetable... Wall #2 is called --> drop down concecrate on the portal. MOST of the time, they hatch right as the wave ends.

Perfect. Thank you. This was exactly the trick I was looking for.
Eanin

Postby Oryann » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:13 am

Honestly I have seen DK's do much better on the Adds while pally's are probable the best Drakes tanks. Thats just my opinion
Oryann

Postby daemonym » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:05 am

Eanin wrote:
Huon wrote:Here is a good Cue,

Perfect. Thank you. This was exactly the trick I was looking for.

if you're a belf, camp the portal and hit arcane torrent as soon as they spawn. this will make them flinch and look at you long enough for consecration to tick because sometimes they'll run right through it so fast it won't hit them. also you can have consecrate waiting and throw some heals out to get that initial bit of threat as well.
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby Dalithe » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:04 am

Drop consecration on the pathing to the healers. The healers should be stacked in the middle so you can easily defend them and they can reach the entire raid. It's nearly the same exact time everytime and only once per fight. Once you got the timing, the only change is which way the waves come from and if you can stand closer to the portal or not.

You can, for extra help with timing, get that consecration glyph, but that's up to you.

/r
Dal
Dalithe

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon