Wondering about DK's aoe aggro during Sarth

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Wondering about DK's aoe aggro during Sarth

Postby Griffonheart » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:15 pm

During Sarth fight, DKs seem to have easy time taking whelps from me, that never happen when mobs are 5 or less but with massive # like 10+, their diseases seem to do the same damage while my Consecration aggro wanes. Holy Shield pretty much won't work when mobs aren't attacking me :(

I need ideas on how to boost my AoE aggro here.
Griffonheart

Postby Bregor » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:19 am

Just be happy that your fellow tank has those adds under control and go pick those up that are beating your healers?
Bregor - Deathwing(EU) - 0/53/18
Bregor

Postby Worldie » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:38 am

The reason for which DK have a easier time on that is because their Pestilence is a on demand hit.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Griffonheart » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:32 am

Bregor wrote:Just be happy that your fellow tank has those adds under control and go pick those up that are beating your healers?

None were.

I realize that DK's DoTs don't have damage cap on them so it's all the easier on trash with 12+ mobs. Normally when I aoe tank smaller groups they couldn't get aggro from me.
Griffonheart

Postby mgkeeper » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:49 am

Well i never had hard time in that fight. It's just timing and placing ur cons to the spot as needed. After practice u will learn how to move in that fight and never have any problem at all. In our [25] i was tanking with a dk on my side (Death's Grip or whatever it is called helps a lot). I took that early elementals just before the 1st drake lands and i always had a consecratin in the raid or on the path to get to the raid. I realize now that that fight requires a proactive tanking cause if that elemental get's out of controll one of ur healers is down. DK helped with that fire blazes that went near the MT Healers (out of my reach). Picking up the welps needs to have a cons rdy to place a bit off the portal and throught the raid, 2 sec before the welps come out. Remember that it requires practice. In lasts fights / tries i managed to pick up the elementals plus make them avoid the lava wave. : P Oh and if it helps use the command for higher camera view (u can see the fight from the moon).
It's kinda like : /console maxcameradistance4 but i am not sure : (

p.s. Dont care that ur DK has the welps, be happy that he has them so u know ur healers have better chances on surviving!
When in doubt, round 'em up and consecrate!!
Armory: Socrateus
mgkeeper

Postby Rehlachs- » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:02 am

mgkeeper wrote:In lasts fights / tries i managed to pick up the elementals plus make them avoid the lava wave.

erm.. gratz?
Rehlachs-

Postby mgkeeper » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:29 am

Rehlachs- wrote:
mgkeeper wrote:In lasts fights / tries i managed to pick up the elementals plus make them avoid the lava wave.

erm.. gratz?

Nah u get me wrong, all i am saying is that with practice, we get better : )
When in doubt, round 'em up and consecrate!!
Armory: Socrateus
mgkeeper

Postby Griffonheart » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:55 pm

Thanks for the support, all. I think my guild's coordination needs some work on also.
Griffonheart

Postby Dobbelsteen » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:07 pm

Wish I had a DK to help me, I have to do it all by myself >.<
Dobbelsteen

Postby Mavrix » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:40 pm

For us, I and our feral druid have the easiest time picking up the adds. Our DK was unable, but he does fine tanking sarth himself.
If necessity is the mother of invention, laziness must be the father.

Mavrix

Dalaran

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n&n=Mavrix
Mavrix

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon