Remove Advertisements

[10]naxx, 4 horsemen, 2 healers

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Anubisknight » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:56 pm

daemonym wrote:
i'll have to try this next time just to see if i can. and why only use mana on HS and JoL debuff refreshes, are you casting holy light on yourself or something?

You will need to cast holy light once you get to the 5th stack I think. As a safety precaution, you should also hit the baron with SotR every once in a while so you don't lose aggro to the healer healing the Thane group. As far as saving mana goes, why would you use it if you are not maximizing threat? Best to save it for healing yourself, or even the other group once Thane is down.
Anubisknight

Postby Wolvar » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:23 pm

Yep, self heals are primarily where my mana goes. No reason to cast shield for aggro when a holy light gives twice the aggro on a non-crit heal.
Wolvar

Postby warden » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:30 pm

We do the Thane zerg, but in the event we've got new dps, a ret pally is plenty to keep me up on baron side switching with thane every 3 stacks. We usually run 2 healers, one on the thane-starting group, and one in the back. Having a self-healing class in the back alongside the other healer is just gravy... Boomkin, Spriest, or ret pally we've found to be ideal, but then again, we run a lot of hybrids.

If we're thane-zerging to 5, I seal and judge light on baron, and keep holy shield/sacred shield up on myself, and throw a FoL here and there if i need to... I'm all alone on a thane zerg, as my ret pally is over with the dps. Don't underestimate the power of keeping SS up on yourself... It is a pretty nice amount of mitigation. Also, it can be, i believe, refreshed more often than every 30 secs for increased procs... not good for general tanking, because it eats up your GCDs, but for simply staying alive and nothing else, it is quite effective.

"Don't facepalm at me... Ret paladins don't facepalm each other. Its against the code!" -Anafielle
warden
Maintankadonor

Postby mavfin » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:10 pm

Have done this as a tank and as a hybrid DPS.

Horde-side 10-man we did:

Elemental shaman (me) and moonkin in the back, can heal self/each other. 2 tanks, 2 healers, 4 DPS in front. Went off without a hitch, moonkin stayed in caster and healed himself, elemental shaman did the same. I think the moonkin dropped a HoT or two on me.

Alliance side:

2 tanks (1 is me), 2 healers, 4 DPS in front. Ret pally in heal gear + elemental shaman in back. Worked about the same.

Main requirements in back is someone who can heal themselves. They're not going to get physically hit, so a clothie can do it fine, but seems a waste to put a full healer back there.
--Mav
mavfin

Postby Origon » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:05 am

We normally have either disc priest (me) and holy pally, or disc priest (me again) and a tree.

If its the pally, we have the pally on the rivendare tank, a hybrid healing thane tank and me in the back with a random ranged dps (doesnt even have to be able to selfheal). Switching at 3 stacks both front and back, pally does a sacred shield on thane's tank when the thane tank picks up rivendare so the hybrid has an easier job

If its the tree, we have the tree in the back with a dps and me in the front on the rivendare tank, shielding + prayer of mending + renew + 1 penance / flash heal on the thane tank when they swap, with the hybrid on thane
Origon

Postby Seloei » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:30 am

We always run with just 2 healers and 1.5 tanks (unholy dps/tank, same spec) for speedruns.
We put one of the good healers on the thane tank, have all the dps there. The other healer + caster (preferably a warlock, or the lowest dps) are up and I am solo with baron. Holy shield + judgement + sacred shield and only if the dps fails and we hit a 5. stack i get ready to pop LoH.
After thanes dead or dieing and he did a mark, i move him to the middle (strafe run so you avoid/block hits) and the other tank taunts him and finishes him off, after that it's the normal dance.
If you find that you need more heals than soloing then have the shadowpriest with you and him dpsing and healing when needed. You don't take that much damage on 10 man
Seloei

Postby jnames » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:02 am

We ran 2 healers this saturday and did not have the dps to zerg thane, nor did we have the hybrids to tank the back two mobs. so instead of the second tanking tanking in the corner opposite thane, we tanked the other front horseman in the middle. That way one healer can heal both rear tanks and the second front tank, no one gets any extra stacks and you can switch without any troubles. This ends up being just as easy as the normal method.
jnames

Postby dmok » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:22 am

Actually, something I just considered with 2 healers.

Do it as if its for the achievement, every time.

Stack the raid in the back. Bring Thane and Baron to the back, and tank them ontop of their caster counterpart respectively. Commence regular taunt-switch rotation, with each tank actually tanking 2 of the horsemen at once.
There ain't no pirate like a Mead Hall Pirate

Mead Hall Pirates - The Scryers US
Dmor: 80 Prot Paladin | Dmok: 80 MM Hunter | Dmos: 80 Disc Priest | Dmoz: 80 Unholy DK
dmok

Postby xstrykr » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:35 am

dmok wrote:Actually, something I just considered with 2 healers.

Stack the raid in the back. Bring Thane and Baron to the back, and tank them ontop of their caster counterpart respectively. Commence regular taunt-switch rotation, with each tank actually tanking 2 of the horsemen at once.

I was wondering what the "correct" way to get that achievement was.
xstrykr

Postby Flex » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:03 pm

We did our first two healer 4H last week fortunately our DPS is high enough to get him down at around the 4th or 5th mark.

Back we have a Tree and an elemental shaman, Baron the other tank and a holy paladin and Thane we have all the rest DPS.

Heroism popped as soon as aggro is established, enhancement lets the wolves loose and his fire elemental and uses his maelstrom procs on chain heals.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Macktruck » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:56 pm

I 2 heal naxx every week. We've even done the zerg w/o the bloodlust. We have a real healer in the back with our warlock, doesn't really matter the class. Our shadowpriest heals the tank on baron. Everybody else is on Thane. We down thane by 3 marks and then run to Baron and down him in ~4
Macktruck

Postby daemonym » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:24 pm

dmok wrote:Actually, something I just considered with 2 healers.

that is damned clever...i like it. well my raid does have several healing hybrids so we can easily have a dps healing the baron tank and everybody else on thane. not sure if we got the dps w/o blood lust though. either way it'll work the normal tank switch way.

EDIT: just did this last night and damn was it intense, but we got it after 3 tries. first go the OT taunted the caster mob by mistake so that didn't go well. second try the OT ran to the wrong cornor and got the debuff stacked up on everybody. third go at it, flawless! baron and thane died at about the same time even then we let debuffs fade and went to working the caster mobs.

note: completely forgot that they automatically run to their 'assigned cornors' so not sure if that was a good or bad thing heh but it was REALLY intensive on the healers, max stam gear definitely helped a ton.

seriously, big thanks for this ^^
daemonym

Postby trellian » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:57 am

We just have the healer to the left and right off the platform and have the tanks (and normal dpsers on casters) face them with their backs. This way one healer will heal a meleetank and a castertank and be at just sufficient range not to get a single mark.
trellian

Postby SellassieTanks » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:33 pm

How we have always done it w/ 2 healers, even during our "they all go down" runs.
Since we run ungeared people through naxx(10) weekly we rarely lack the dps for the zerg method we do as follows.

Healer and 1 ranged in back switching, usually a pally healer.

Warrior tank on front left w/ all of the dps except the one in back and one assigned to me on the front right side.

I tank the front right w/ either a ret pally or enhance shammy (they both get insta heals via crits) dpsing and healing me when thier instants proc. Tanks taunt switch as we hit 3 stacks like normal. Works really smoothly every time.
SellassieTanks

Postby Zeels » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:47 pm

Macktruck wrote:I 2 heal naxx every week. We've even done the zerg w/o the bloodlust. We have a real healer in the back with our warlock, doesn't really matter the class. Our shadowpriest heals the tank on baron. Everybody else is on Thane. We down thane by 3 marks and then run to Baron and down him in ~4

I heal myself in prot gear, no problem at all. Worst case LoH and shieldwall.
If you don't have a priest I recommend using shadow resist aura.
By the Power of Grey Skull!

Lvl 80 Spanks you very much Spankadin!

Spank
Zeels

PreviousNext

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon