Remove Advertisements

Glory of hero achievment was it well set up by blizzard.

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Nalyn » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:52 pm

Finished this last week, and the only one that I just hated was Less-Rabi, it seemed to be totally luck based on lag, and when he actually decided to attempt to transform.

As far as the group we did it with, I wouldn't call it stacked, but it was some of the higher dps players in the guild, unholy DK tank, blood DK dps, 2 ret pallies, and either a resto shaman or disc priest for a healer. My 'second' spec is prot, and the other pally's second spec is holy, so it basically allowed us to simply swap gear for times where we needed 2nd tank or healer, or make things easier.
Nalyn

Postby Indago » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:42 am

Fedaykin98 wrote:I have no problem with these, even though I've only got maybe half of them. Lots of people have them all, which means that it works. It's hard, but it's doable, and it's something to be proud of and show off your red proto with. Seems like it works very well.

On the other hand, don't get me started on the stupidity of some of the holiday achievement stuff. Candy Hearts, Brew of the Month...whoever is in charge of those needs to be fired and replaced.

Btw my idea for "fixing" those is to make each holiday title require only (about) 90% of the achievements - so if you can't get candy, or the rare drop from Horseman, you can still get it. You aren't getting totally screwed by the RNG and losing months of progress. Make the meta require all the titles, just make some wiggle room for the individual holidays.

FWIW I've gotten all of them since I started with Merrymaker, but the Candy Hearts thing and Brew of the Month really push my buttons.

Ugh. Don't get me started, I missed the Love Fool title by ONE damn candy heart -.-

"It's not how hard you hit, it's how hard you get hit, and keep moving forward."-R.Pausch
Indago

Postby Cearn » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:38 am

Indago wrote:
Fedaykin98 wrote:I have no problem with these, even though I've only got maybe half of them. Lots of people have them all, which means that it works. It's hard, but it's doable, and it's something to be proud of and show off your red proto with. Seems like it works very well.

On the other hand, don't get me started on the stupidity of some of the holiday achievement stuff. Candy Hearts, Brew of the Month...whoever is in charge of those needs to be fired and replaced.

Btw my idea for "fixing" those is to make each holiday title require only (about) 90% of the achievements - so if you can't get candy, or the rare drop from Horseman, you can still get it. You aren't getting totally screwed by the RNG and losing months of progress. Make the meta require all the titles, just make some wiggle room for the individual holidays.

FWIW I've gotten all of them since I started with Merrymaker, but the Candy Hearts thing and Brew of the Month really push my buttons.

Ugh. Don't get me started, I missed the Love Fool title by ONE damn candy heart -.-

ditto...
Cearn

Postby Belloc » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:38 am

Indago wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, the PTR's version of the achievement requires any 6 of the 8 hearts. Wait for the next patch and you're set :)
Belloc

Previous

Return to General Strats