What's MainTankadin's thoughts on 0/54/17

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

What's MainTankadin's thoughts on 0/54/17

Postby Davinoth » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:50 am

My apologies if this build has been brought up in the past, I did a search for it but came up with nothing.

0/54/17: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZ0xVA0uGteIRhots0xb

This is my new sort of build I've been messing around with. Yes, it doesn't have kings, yes, it has three points in Reckoning, and no it doesn't have Judgements of the Just.

It's something I've been mulling over, and kind of playing with. What's MainTankadins thoughts?
Davinoth

Postby theothersteve7 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:17 am

Judgments of the Just is mandatory.

Conviction is worse than Seals of the Pure. Reckoning sucks.

Kings would be a good idea.
Moo.
theothersteve7

Postby Kracus » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:25 am

Better to say why you want to do this spec. Yes it has been brought up numerous times.
"The sun does not grant anything, it is simply there. And flowers simply bloom. Not for anyone's sake."
I am Warlock
Kracus

Postby Panzerdin » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:40 am

Conviction and Reckoning are crap, BoK and JotJ are not. Imp HoJ beats Reckoning or Conviction, as does Divine Guardian.
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby Magnavox » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:40 pm

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?paladin ... rsion=9614

I was gunna make another thread to ask about this, but since there was a similar one i will just ask here.

Will this be the cookie cutter 3.1 build? its pretty similar to the 3.0.8 cookie cutter.

only took reckoning since is seems that it is a requirement to get talents further down the tree.
Magnavox

Postby Fairbo » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:23 pm

There is no "cookie-cutter" build anymore, only the required minimum. Not everyone needs to take HotC, PoJ, or DG.

This is what I think the minimum should be. The 5 points in Reckoning are place holders for the new T1 talent that will increase healing done & received by 5%. The other 11 points can go wherever you feel like. (in other words it hasn't changed since 3.0)
Fairbo

Postby Laz » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:45 pm

Go 4/5 in ardent defender, 0 in PoJ and put those 3 points in Crusade IMO. The 1 point you have in benediction I run in imp judgement (both choices are equally worthless). I've ran that spec on everything except Sarth+3D with no problems and much higher dps than 5/60/6.

The plus side is that 3.1 is making this spec even better, because you can get JotJ with it now. I think this is an excellent way to get us out of prot a little bit. We've been too heavy in prot for far too long and its nice to finally have some options outside the tree.
Laz

Postby Dorvan » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:30 pm

Fairbo wrote:There is no "cookie-cutter" build anymore, only the required minimum. Not everyone needs to take HotC, PoJ, or DG.

This is what I think the minimum should be. The 5 points in Reckoning are place holders for the new T1 talent that will increase healing done & received by 5%. The other 11 points can go wherever you feel like. (in other words it hasn't changed since 3.0)

I don't expect Divinity to be mandatory by any means....some will like it, other will not.

So far, the core of the 3.1 build will be 0/53/6 (much like the current core today), of which 4 points in early Prot will have some flexibility. The 2 main variations I see likely to emerge thus far are 0/53/18 and 12/53/6. I'm currently leaning towards some sort of 0/53/18 myself, but there are still a lot of changes to come, as while as more info forthcoming on the encounters in Ulduar.....these preliminary thoughts are subject to a lot of change.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Conaan! » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:35 pm

Panzerdin wrote:Conviction and Reckoning are crap, BoK and JotJ are not. Imp HoJ beats Reckoning or Conviction, as does Divine Guardian.

your grossly exagerating the difference between SotP and conviction, they are really close together, the tps difference is minimal, and SotP leads by a small margin
Lore wrote:JEAPORDY: CREEPY BASEMENT EDITION
Conaan!

Postby Laz » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:25 pm

Panzerdin wrote:Conviction and Reckoning are crap, BoK and JotJ are not. Imp HoJ beats Reckoning or Conviction, as does Divine Guardian.

If you have 1-2 other paladins with BoK it is crap.
Laz

Return to Basic Training & Talents