Remove Advertisements

Diffrent Strat for heigan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Sinnegorth » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:03 pm

Learn the dance, end of story.
Sinnegorth

Postby Kirra » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:49 pm

If it has not already been stated in the above posts, try marking the safe spots.

We did this one when I was on my shammie (with the melee doing the dancing). Don't think we even had any ranged dps. Everyone wiped cept for me the tank n a healer in the first 60 seconds. 30 minutes later we killed him :P.

That being said, the shammie totems are excelent markers. The second time we went through there I just maked the safe spots with the totems an boom, everything went completely smooth.
Kirra

Postby leperkhaun » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:31 pm

honestly im in the Learn to Dance crowd. If people cant dance after a couple tries they how will the do in progression raids when things actually get difficult?

its a simple fight and to be honest with enough time you can 2 man this boss.
leperkhaun

Postby Malthrax » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:51 pm

Make friends with an engineer and get a stack of smoke flares. Heigan has a ridiculously small aggro radius, so before the fight, have someone who knows the zones go out and mark them with flares.

Sure, they won't last the entire fight, but they'll at least get people started.

First time we did the dance, it took 6 wipes before we pulled it off. The next week, we did it only losing 3 people. Last night, we got The Safety Dance, while healing someone who d/c'd mid-fight.
Malthrax

Postby masterpoobaa » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:08 pm

Or failing that, use the lightpool things from the ancestors world event.

Failing that.

Learn the dance. Its really not hard. 1-2-3-4-3-2-1
U can count the goo splooges in your head if u want:

One-two-three-SPLOOGE (run!) - one two three SPLOOGE (run!) - etc
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby inthedrops » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:27 am

It's already been said but since we're 5 pages deep already someone won't see.

To learn the dance remember that you want to stand on top of where the last splooge just got done splooging, then keep your eyes peeled for the next one, then stand on top of that, etc. Don't try to memorize where the splooges are on your first visit.

You might get occasionally hit until you're more familiar but if you're new this is the trick to follow.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Nalyn » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:22 am

inthedrops wrote:It's already been said but since we're 5 pages deep already someone won't see.

To learn the dance remember that you want to stand on top of where the last splooge just got done splooging, then keep your eyes peeled for the next one, then stand on top of that, etc. Don't try to memorize where the splooges are on your first visit.

You might get occasionally hit until you're more familiar but if you're new this is the trick to follow.

While I haven't ever had it described in quite these words, this is basically what I do, watch in front of you, see when the area explodes, move about 2 yards past the 'line' of he explosion, repeat until boss falls down.
Nalyn

Postby Zoltar » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:11 pm

I try to move right into the middle of where the last slime/green fire/goo/whatever it is was so melee still have room behind the boss.
Zoltar

Postby Leeah » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:36 am

I am terrible at the dance, and as MT usually wipe us at least once before I get in the swing of it. Lag, poor counting, running too close to the healers, ive done it all :( Its my third week coming up and this is the only fight I have yet to feel any confidence with.

I have absolutely no idea why I have such trouble, but Ive read through some tips and maybe they might help, but I actually feel alot of sympathy for the dps, at least I have a bit of control, they just have to follow blindly and try to adjust as best they can.
Leeah

Postby Origon » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:40 am

Depending on group for the night, I take 2-3 stacks of white flares (cheap to make and i'm an engineer) and toss them down before the fight. Then during every phase2, i just toss down a new one as we're doing the dance. The first set of flares will time out shortly after, so this way you always have a flare marking safe zones. Does get to be annoying, but 240 flares cost me about 40g to make with current pricing
Origon

Postby Rolfson » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:08 am

the first time my guild ever downed heigan it took roughly 47 minutes, everyone died on the first fast phase except for me and a shammy healer (we went through 5 heroisms) Needless to say, the next time only one person died. I found that having the people who die watch while they die (and people, periodically check that they are still there and not afk eating dinner as you down their raid boss!). Once you get the first mechanics down its quite easy.

On a side note, I frequently heal raids since we are low on heals and have tons of tanks. I can easily heal myself through the fast phase with SS up because you only take between 4-6k damage per wave, and they come in close to 4 second intervals. Healing is just one holy light every 2 waves, and you dont lose much mana at all.
Rolfson

Postby Nemuria » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:31 am

I found there are common ways to die

- focusing on something else, like healing

- dancing too close or too far from the platform (but maybe slow people should dance close to the platform)

- listening or following the RL: I had one that counted 1 zone too late (he said 3 instead of 4 and so on)

- keyboard arrow turner

- stressed ppl: they are so afraid or dying they don't relax and got paralyzed (this is me)
Nemuria

Postby Malthrax » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:25 am

Nemuria wrote:I found there are common ways to die

- focusing on something else, like healing

- dancing too close or too far from the platform (but maybe slow people should dance close to the platform)

- listening or following the RL: I had one that counted 1 zone too late (he said 3 instead of 4 and so on)

- keyboard arrow turner

- stressed ppl: they are so afraid or dying they don't relax and got paralyzed (this is me)

You forgot:

- missing or extra chromosome
Malthrax

Postby Kelaan » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:58 pm

That's pretty harsh. Nemuria gave actual mistakes people make and can avoid. Saying that someone who fails at Heigan has Down's Syndrome is not exactly constructive.
Kelaan

Postby Salamandra » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:42 pm

Nemuria wrote:- listening or following the RL: I had one that counted 1 zone too late (he said 3 instead of 4 and so on)

Wait, what? Since when do you need a raid leader to tell you what's clearly visible, and always exactly the same?
Salamandra

PreviousNext

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon