Remove Advertisements

[10] intentionally wiping on thaddius

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10] intentionally wiping on thaddius

Postby daemonym » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:59 pm

so a healer in our 10s group can't seem to stay alive on thaddius past the second charge, and occasionally the first. unfortunately we don't have anybody able to replace them so i'm going to try and force them to learn...by doing the fight over and over until they get it. others have issue with it as well, but usually cross charges for 1 tick of the explosion before getting into the clear.

so i was wondering if there was a mechanic like nightbane in kara if somebody is too far away he starts splattering everybody. otherwise i'll have to di the OT on one then bubble and bop the OT on the next. also, if you think i'm just a dick fro doing this and there's a better way to get them to simply look at a -/+ icon please let me know.

Thy subject line hast been moderated - Guillex
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby majiben » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:02 pm

Well I hope you get a replacement for that healer because they are a liability but it's perfectly safe to have them stand off all alone. This will cost you a decent chunk of dps though.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby majorwoo » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:03 pm

Yeah, if you all jump off the platform he'll freak out and kill everyone.

Are you doing negative left, positive right. Run straight through and turn around when DBM tells you to switch sides? (He IS using DBM right?)
Despite all my rage, I am still just a Paladin Tank.
majorwoo

Postby daemonym » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:22 pm

majorwoo wrote:Yeah, if you all jump off the platform he'll freak out and kill everyone.

Are you doing negative left, positive right. Run straight through and turn around when DBM tells you to switch sides? (He IS using DBM right?)

ya everybody has dbm installed and running, or claim to at least. and we also do ------BOSS+++++ run straight through if you have to move, all standing at max melee range. if we had a replacement i would, but we still have to pug 2 spots a week just to raid. as for jumping off, what if only 1 or 2 people jump off same thing or they just sorta hang out there or just those 1-2 get dead?
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
daemonym

Postby majorwoo » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:27 pm

I believe it's the person with aggro jumping off the ledge that is sufficient to enrage him.

*edit*
Oh he'll kill the entire room. Everyone dies on Thaddius, there is no reset.
Despite all my rage, I am still just a Paladin Tank.
majorwoo

Postby Malthrax » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:48 pm

daemonym wrote:ya everybody has dbm installed and running, or claim to at least.

/dbm ver

will tell you who is, and isn't. won't tell you if someone's running BigWigs (obviously), but if you've requested DBM specifically, this will list out those not in compliance.
Malthrax

Postby Frickit » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:25 am

Do they die on Heigan? These fights will show you who in your raid has fail fps and probably just lag so much they cant keep up. Most of the time you wouldn't even notice but it definitely is a liability.

failbot is fun to point out the names of those who fail repeatedly.
Frickit

Postby daemonym » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:41 am

Frickit wrote:Do they die on Heigan? These fights will show you who in your raid has fail fps and probably just lag so much they cant keep up. Most of the time you wouldn't even notice but it definitely is a liability.

we usually have a few die on heigan but those that die never cross charges on thaddius.

daemonym

Postby Malthrax » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:00 am

daemonym wrote:
Frickit wrote:Do they die on Heigan? These fights will show you who in your raid has fail fps and probably just lag so much they cant keep up. Most of the time you wouldn't even notice but it definitely is a liability.

we usually have a few die on heigan but those that die never cross charges on thaddius.

Well, one possibility would be to have this healer stand 35 yards left or right of Thaddius and just heal the main tank the whole time w/o moving ever. Granted, the rest of the raid isn't going to benefit from this person's charge buff... but if she's dying anyways, they aren't losing out on anything. At least she'd be alive to heal.
Malthrax

Postby daemonym » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:02 am

Malthrax wrote:
daemonym wrote:

Well, one possibility would be to have this healer stand 35 yards left or right of Thaddius and just heal the main tank the whole time w/o moving ever. Granted, the rest of the raid isn't going to benefit from this person's charge buff... but if she's dying anyways, they aren't losing out on anything. At least she'd be alive to heal.

but the point is to make them learn not to die to something this simple.

daemonym

Postby majiben » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:15 am

Have you tried making them solo heal that fight?
majiben

Postby Kelaan » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:47 am

Majiben wrote:Have you tried making them solo heal that fight?

Is the damage intake on Stalagg/Feugen low enough that they could solo heal that part?? Selling it tothe raid is the hard part, IMO.

Perhaps if you DI'ed the other potential tank, it'd be a guaranteed wipe (if not a fast one). Losing 2-3 DPS in the time it takes them to realize what happend would tip the scales, I think. (Long DI timer for the loss, though...)
Kelaan

Postby Wolvar » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:26 am

Just bubble and run into the opposite charge group. Half the raid dead, wipe.
Wolvar

Postby majiben » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:55 am

Kelaan wrote:
Majiben wrote:Have you tried making them solo heal that fight?
Is the damage intake on Stalagg/Feugen low enough that they could solo heal that part?? Selling it tothe raid is the hard part, IMO.

Perhaps if you DI'ed the other potential tank, it'd be a guaranteed wipe (if not a fast one). Losing 2-3 DPS in the time it takes them to realize what happend would tip the scales, I think. (Long DI timer for the loss, though...)
You could have an offspec or real healer on the pre-bosses. Just make sure that on the real boss they know that if die that's death for the group. Also repeated uses of LoH and/or a blood dk could help.
majiben

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:19 pm

daemonym wrote:but the point is to make them learn not to die to something this simple.

You can lead a horse to water ...
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon