Remove Advertisements

[25](-) and (+) group positions on Thaddius

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Zoltar » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:08 pm

This has to be the most frustrating fight in the place. Not because it’s hard but because people either don’t know their right from their left, have no idea how to strafe or cut corners rather than running wide. We used to stack at 3 o’clock and 9’oclock but found that many simply could not, or would not run wide enough to avoid shocks. Now we stack at 10:30 and 4:30 and get people to run straight forward the second their polarity changes and then curve around to the next position. This seems go get much fewer people shocking each other.

We also insist on people running DBM on this fight. The audio and visual warning that DBM gives when you need to move is unmissable.
Zoltar

Postby aureon » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:41 am

/rw >>>>>>>>>>>POSITIVE
/rw NEGATIVE<<<<<<<<<<<
aureon

Postby PsiVen » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:03 am

As mentioned several times, running straight through is the best way. Slow people will always die, and making them take a longer path won't help. It's very simple to teach as well: Take your side, when your charge changes RUN STRAIGHT FORWARD until you see the charge animation go off.

About the DPS fight thing, Thaddius is definitely the least forgiving fight in Naxx25 and the only one we wiped on much the first week, but making position more complex to try and help the melee is just more likely to get your tank killed.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Fayia » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:43 am

We run through the boss and had no probs getting all achievements related to him that way.

My warlock RF does negative left, positive right.
My pally RF does negative right, positive left.

I still never mess this up..wonder how some ppl can't even get it right with one character. Oh, I know..it is lag ^^
Fayia

Postby maccalus » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:44 am

We do it Positive in front of the boss, negative to the left. The groups being at a 90 degree angle to each other is a shorter run than the 180 degree run for classes like hunters who have to start at the back. We just run straight past each other in the 5 sec. debuff change time. It's what worked for our guild.
Prot Warrior - Daggerspine
maccalus

Postby Malthrax » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:57 am

maccalus wrote:We do it Positive in front of the boss, negative to the left. The groups being at a 90 degree angle to each other is a shorter run than the 180 degree run for classes like hunters who have to start at the back. We just run straight past each other in the 5 sec. debuff change time. It's what worked for our guild.

Your hunters are lazy.

Thaddius' hit-box is almost as big as Heigan's (i.e. as big as a mofuggin semi-truck) and Hunters no longer have a "dead zone". Everyone can pile up together at the 8-yd mark and obliterate him.

I've noticed this problem with DPS lately. Melee can only function properly if they're standing inside the boss, ranged can only function properly if they're standing at absolute max range (unless its a fight where they HAVE to be at max range, in which case they stand in the locust swarms).

WTF?
Malthrax

Postby Zoltar » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:37 pm

We do it with everyone stacked on top of melee who are at maximum melee range. Healers, casters and yes, hunters too. If people spread out you lose out on buff stacks and a chunk of DPS.
Zoltar

Postby Mishakal » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:33 pm

We circle and it works for us.

The melee set the range, you keep moving back until you cant hit and then you take a step foward!

We dont circle due to skill but to cover server/client lag.
Mishakal

Postby Gullion » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:05 pm

This way has always worked a charm for my grps in 10man and 25man Thaddius.

Reason behind this is because we like to play it safe and make sure ALL heals, tank and dps is alive throughtout the fight. Every extra stack of polarity buff counts during this dps race boss (beating the enrage timer)

Moving in a square rotation ensures that during the transition, noone will eat a opposite polarity when crossing over after the polarity shift (it allows them to switch at the safest distance everytime)

I seen some grp do the switch from left side to right side while right switch to left side way TOO close to each other and an avg. of 2-3 ppl per polarity shift drops dead cause they were too close to someone with an opposite polarity. Not Good.

Try this strat based on my design and watch how easy everyone stays alive after each polarity shift (assuming heals do thier job too)[/url]
Frisbeeing no0bs since 2005
Gullion

Postby Kelaan » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:15 pm

As others have said:

/rw ---------- BOSS +++++++

^-- We have several people spam this before the fight. The other thing we stress is to run THROUGH the boss not AROUND the boss, and from there it's cake. We still lose people, though, and I don't know why. :( To be fair, we are primarily on low-latency connections so the servers lie rarely. ;)
Kelaan

Postby Zoltar » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:59 pm

Gullion wrote:Image

We use exactly this pattern of movement too. Have led 10 man groups to the "Shocking" achievement several times using this path.
Zoltar

Postby Dianetics » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:47 am

Dianetics

Postby Malthrax » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:52 am

Zoltar wrote:

We use exactly this pattern of movement too. Have led 10 man groups to the "Shocking" achievement several times using this path.

Tank follows the same path/positioning as well? Or does he bury himself under Thad's feet? I'm assuming the tank follows the same route.. but wanted to make sure.

Biggest problem we've had is with melee zapping the tank due to standing too close on the other side of the boss. Or... I think thats it. Kinda hard to tell the zaps from the chain lightning some times. I should get Failbot loaded so I can be certain :P Last time I DPS'd him, I kept getting zapped by something - thought it was an opposite charge, but I'd take a half-step back and wind up out of melee range, so maybe it was just his chain lightning hitting me.
Malthrax

Postby Malthrax » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:53 am

yay double postage...
Malthrax

Postby Gullion » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:06 am

Malthrax wrote:
Zoltar wrote:

Tank follows the same path/positioning as well? Or does he bury himself under Thad's feet? I'm assuming the tank follows the same route.. but wanted to make sure.

Biggest problem we've had is with melee zapping the tank due to standing too close on the other side of the boss. Or... I think thats it. Kinda hard to tell the zaps from the chain lightning some times. I should get Failbot loaded so I can be certain :P Last time I DPS'd him, I kept getting zapped by something - thought it was an opposite charge, but I'd take a half-step back and wind up out of melee range, so maybe it was just his chain lightning hitting me.

Yup, tanks have to follow the path and posistioning too, its really easy for tanks to move in this case, as far as melee goes, melee (which counts as tanks as well) needs to be aware of Thaddius HUGE melee range...so have melee attack Thaddius at the farthest melee range possible to avoid the "zappings". If the tanks or even melee are taking WAY too much dmg, someone is definietly too close at melee than they should be. We always do this VERY smooth in 10 and 25man unless ppl fail the "jump" lol.
Frisbeeing no0bs since 2005
Gullion

PreviousNext

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon