[10/25] Loatheb - Spore Loser

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby baleogthefierce » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:49 am

Just have your dps in the center of the room and your healers on the outside edges

Spores pretty much always stick to the healers, and dps can open up with any AoE abilities they want.
baleogthefierce

Postby Frickit » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:52 am

they hit for like 40. healers tank them and everyone else makes sure they dont kill any. we had to wipe it several times before no one killed a spore accidentally.
Frickit

Postby majiben » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:59 am

Might be better to have the tank and dps stack at the enterance with healers in the middle of the room. Any spare tanks could make sure that none of the spores headed to the dps group.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Zibey » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:10 am

Another thing - how much hp do they have? I remember spore surviving one hit on me (I had retri aura and thorns - it hit from behind), but might be just my imagination. True question is - would it be safe for Holy (or offhealing Prot) paladins to use Hand or Reckoning on spores, so they move where we want them to move, and buff who we want them to buff (WITH ASSUMPTION THAT BUFF FROM FADING SPORE DOESNT BUG THE ACHIEVEMENT)?
I am unsure if spores target players tbh, hence this question - if they dont, using Righteous Defense aint possible.
Gniev - The Maelstrom EU
Zibey

Postby Arkhen » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:18 am

They have around 2k health.
What are we trying this week is having the OT to remove his weapon and kite them around the room while all the raid stacks in the middle.
From what ive heard they have fixed the bug that every time they despawn counts as a kill.
Ill let you know if this works
Arkhen

Postby baleogthefierce » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:24 am

Arkhen wrote:They have around 2k health.
What are we trying this week is having the OT to remove his weapon and kite them around the room while all the raid stacks in the middle.
From what ive heard they have fixed the bug that every time they despawn counts as a kill.
Ill let you know if this works

Yeah they fixed it, we got this achievement in our Naxx run last week.
baleogthefierce

Postby Frickit » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:40 am

Zibey wrote:Another thing - how much hp do they have? I remember spore surviving one hit on me (I had retri aura and thorns - it hit from behind), but might be just my imagination. True question is - would it be safe for Holy (or offhealing Prot) paladins to use Hand or Reckoning on spores, so they move where we want them to move, and buff who we want them to buff (WITH ASSUMPTION THAT BUFF FROM FADING SPORE DOESNT BUG THE ACHIEVEMENT)?
I am unsure if spores target players tbh, hence this question - if they dont, using Righteous Defense aint possible.

I thought they had 4k hp. No one should have any reflective damage abilities at all, its too risky imo. The warrior had a spec that did passive damage and ended up killing one that passed near him. The other times we failed was just an accidental multitarget attack from a rogue or something.
Frickit

Postby Nightshade » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:10 pm

The way my guild does Loatheb in 10 man (and have also tried it on a handful of 25's as well) is kite him the whole way to the back of his room in that little alcove and tank him there. Then, we have everyone stack up on each other at around max melee range of the boss. Only 5 ppl can get the buff at a time anyways,and all of the spores have to path that way to get towards the boss, so it seems like a win win strategy,atm(and is nice for having a raid in which a large percentage of people havent been to Naxx before). We have had the spore spawn right on Loatheb a couple of times, but it never ended up being more than our healers could handle.
Nightshade

Postby Barsine » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:35 pm

Not sure if you're talking about the achievement "Spore Loser" now Nightshade. ;o

Anyway, the way we've done it in 10 man and 25 man is quite simple. I put Righteous Fury on, and simply taunt-kite them around the room (never towards the boss though). I keep myself up so it's not a problem for the other healers that I'm away from the rest of the group either.
Conc, ret aura, WWs, DK disease spread thingy, and other suchs things are banned.
Barsine

Postby Zibey » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:59 am

I am still willing to try Death Grip kiting :twisted: .
Gniev - The Maelstrom EU
Zibey

Postby Origon » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:46 am

Make sure your autoattack gets turned off right away. Nothing would be worse than DG'ing a spore, having an autoattach crit, proc necrosis, and proc blood-caked blade, all 1shotting the spore =]
Origon

Postby Worldie » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:30 am

Zibey wrote:I am still willing to try Death Grip kiting :twisted: .

Tried, doesn't work :\
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Zibey » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:49 pm

Awww... pity.
Thanks for info still ;).
Gniev - The Maelstrom EU
Zibey

Postby Holyfuri » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:35 am

I honestly do not know how this achievement is difficult.

We made sure absolutely no one used any multiple target damage abilities, and killed him normally.

No thorns
No retribution aura
No consecrate
No HotR
No Divine Storm
No whirlwind
No death and decay
No cleave
No swipe
No fan of knives

You get the idea.... it just depends on everyone adhering to that.

The only issue I see is that damage is going to be much lower, so if you aren't geared enough (healers and dps) it can cause problems.
Holyfuri

Previous

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon