High Astromancer Solarian

A'lar, Void Reaver, Solarian, Kael'thas

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

High Astromancer Solarian

Postby pyrotechniq » Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:26 pm

So you need 4 tanks right? 2 with high arcane 1 aoe tank and 1 tank on boss?

Also how long does it take you to get agro on all the adds, im pretty sure all the locks started spammin Seeds even b4 they bunched up as they like to do on hydross as well.
pyrotechniq

Postby Lore » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:13 am

We don't use the arcane tank strat, and the encounter is changing in 2.2 anyway so I'm not sure it'll even be necessary then (as far as I know no one's really messed with the new Solarian yet).

I've got a writeup somewhere in these forums that explains the strat we use.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Trevize » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:54 am

There was a thread on the wow forums where a guild on my server called Blood Legion zergs Solarian down. They pushed 27k raid dps and had only 1 add phase. Kinda insane.

They just have their tank go in, spam taunt and the entire raid goes balls to the wall on her. The video is insane because you see her health drop like a spell channeling bar.

They use no AR and stacked heavy melee dps I believe.

Ahh found the video http://files.filefront.com/solarian2wmv ... einfo.html
Trevize

Postby SmurfZG » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:41 am

my ex-guild used a zerg tactic.. but we needed 2-3 add phases. works great. no arcane resistance.
SmurfZG

Postby Ayasune » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:10 am

Taunting her Arcane Missiles is no longer possible, so there is no need for 4 tanks on herself (as already mentioned here), what has been used in sme Zerg strategies.
Essentially, there isn't even need for 1 tank on herself, in expception of her goin' crazy sometimes, running around tryin' to hit people Meelee. That's where a simple taunt should be up.

We use 3 "tanks": 2 Warriors with 450+ Arcane resistance,standing off the raid bouncing the Wrath of the Astromancer, and me, Taunting her back if necessary and especcially caring for the agents in Phase 2. Works pretty nice and the rest of the raid doesn't need any Arcane resistance.

But: i agree with Lore, the Encounter will change with 2.2, and i'm sure that it wasn't intended by Blizzard to have 2 people standing around dancin' while the encounter is running. I'm not sure "how" it will work with the upcoming patch, hope there won't be a global raid resistance necessary.
Ayasune

Postby Dragonzbane » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:20 am

Any updates on the strats here?
Dragonzbane

Postby Lansky » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:28 am

She requires one tank now. Adds can easily be AE taunted by resto druids and/or furry warriors. They don't hit hard at all. Hell I bet a fury warrior could tank her 20%-0% for phase 2 if you really wanted to try. This fight went from easy to lawltastic.
Lansky

Postby Cakes » Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:46 am

Sadly, I think my raid group has a harder time with this new version than the old version. What, I'm glowing purple, shooting giant lightning bolts everywhere, I have a skull on my head, and I'm supposed to go where? /sigh

I've also noticed she melees a lot more in the newest incarnation. Our last few fights, she casts 1-2 wraths in between splits, and just melees me the rest of the time.
Cakes

Postby Eneroth » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:50 pm

Yeah I think we took her down on our 3rd try, never before trying her before. I was just AoEing all the spawns from the three portals and being able to tank them with ease. It was an easy encounter, way easy.
Eneroth

Postby Worldie » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:55 pm

Last week our guild Balance druid earned the BOOMkin title by exploding midraid :D
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Viskahn » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:53 pm

did the astro for the first time tonight (in a personal sense, the guild has downed him before), was easysauce really. the only problems i had was some smartass warriors aoe taunting... "ooh, the raidleader told me to challenging shout so i'd better do it!" but BoP and salvation soon took care of that little nuisance :twisted:
Viskahn
Maintankadonor

Postby Rainge » Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:54 pm

Does this fight require arcane resist gear?
Rainge

Postby Gerilith » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:46 am

Rainge wrote:Does this fight require arcane resist gear?

Not anymore. Vendored mine.
Gerilith

Postby Jarkeld » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:37 pm

Sometimes she will bug out and start meleeing whoever is top on her aggro list instead of casting. Because of this, it is advisable to still keep taunting her.
In the beginning the universe was created. This has made many people upset and generally been decided as a bad idea.
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/chara ... &n=Jarkeld
Jarkeld

Postby YoYoMa » Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:39 pm

we're thinking about heading to solarian soon and I was wondering more about the portal phase. I haven't seen this fight but are we best suited to picking up all the adds here? Or do you split this with somebody else (not sure how hard the adds hit for). And given where the portals spawn is it even possible to grab them all? Just looking for some tips on this part.

Also, do people still use several tanks in the main human phase to taunt back and forth? Thanks
YoYoMa

Next

Return to Tempest Keep