Illidari council

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Illidari council

Postby Dendrah » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:47 am

Mage was tanked fine, Rogue was rather well under control, Paladin was kited around without problems, Priest gave us all the trouble possible.

Since I was on the paladin I didn't really have much time to look at what was going wrong on the priest. As far as I understood they couldn't move her enough to get a real hang of her. Also the interrupts seems to be a problem, even with 2 rogues, 2 mages, a warrior tank and a shaman on her.

Does anyone have experience with tanking the priest? What did you do to move her? To interrupt her?
Dendrah

Re: Illidari council

Postby knaughty » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:23 am

Dendrah wrote:Does anyone have experience with tanking the priest? What did you do to move her? To interrupt her?

• Stack a ton of interrupts on her at the start (2 rogues and a shaman).
• Dump a ton of threat on her, move to bottom of stairs.
• Wait for her to arrive.
• that's it, she doesn't move again.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby trellian » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:03 am

We had two rogues and a shaman aswell, with me tanking her (I know not ideal, but I'm not MT and our warrior is better on paladin).
We still had huge issues getting interrupts through. HoJ though is utter CRAP for this. The times when it wasn't on cooldown and i actually used it, it didnt work -at all- (I know about BoSW, she had BoS those times i tried).
:(

Moving her at the start is pretty easy if you have an extra mage. Ask hir to spellsteal her very first spell after she's been MD-ed and she'll be locked out for 6 seconds. More then enough time for her to run towards you.
trellian

Postby Tiranknight » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:29 pm

Priest is ussually effected by an Anti-Magic bubble, or Anti-Physical bubble. When Anti-Magic is up Rogues kick Warrior shield bash. When Anti-Physical is up Mages Spell Steal, Shaman's earthshock. Curse of Tongues always on the Priest.

Have to coordinate an interrupt order so that there is always an available cooldown for each of her protective barriers.
Tiranknight

Postby ShaiHulud » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:20 am

2 Melee and 2 spell are what we usually use. Stick one melee on Divine Wrath and the other, a rogue if you have one, to interrupt the CoH incase AoE has pushed them out of melee range they can still interrupt with deadly throw if they have s3 gloves or it may even be talentable now. And then usually 2 shammies is best but a mage/shammy will work. I think we did it this past week with a warrior on divine wrath, rogue on CoH and an ele shammy when she's melee immune and it worked out fine. I was tanking but its optimal to have a warrior tank it for another interrupt. As far as getting her in control how we do the pull is: Mage goes invis gets bopped aggros and does his thing. Ele shammy goes up and shocks the priest down off the platform and I tank her on the stairs. Healers just need to watch the shammy right off the bat as he may take a Smite which is only like 5kish dmg.
^The new WoTLK Main
^Old TBC main
ShaiHulud

Postby Helpunot » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:58 am

This fight really is easy. We use 1 rogue, and 1 shaman total on them. They miss on average 1 heal for the whole fight. I call out when she is BoP'd on vent, so the shammy knows to watch for the heal. And yeah, run up there, dump on her, then move, she will come.
Helpunot

Postby Arcand » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:15 pm

I was just watching a video about this - it said raid DPS should be on the paladin.

Is that because he only shields other people? I would have thought you'd want your physical DPS on a non-plate target if you had the choice.
Arcand

Postby Invisusira » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:24 pm

what the crap?
Invisusira

Postby Arcand » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:31 pm

Not the mage, or he'll AoE the whole raid.
Not the rogue, 'cause he vanishes and then you waste time.

...but I don't see why you wouldn't dogpile the priestess.
Arcand

Postby Invisusira » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:17 pm

Arcand wrote:Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:15 pm

What the crap?
Invisusira

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:19 pm

Yeah, we've been stuck on this for weeks. Fuck blizzard for requiring 3+1 tanks. I mean, seriously, who runs with that many tanks??

Also:
Priest is ussually effected by an Anti-Magic bubble, or Anti-Physical bubble.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Huellio » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:40 am

The guy necroing the post I can kind of see, since not everyone raided BT and being new to the game happened to everyone.

The person saying they have been stuck on this for three weeks made me wonder though.

Good troll or just very confused.
Geezus - Alterac Mountains

This ain't Sea-World
This is real as it gets
Huellio

Postby Panzerdin » Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:53 am

He's a mod, he can necro what he likes ;p
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Re:

Postby culhag » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:47 am

Arcand wrote:Not the mage, or he'll AoE the whole raid.

Because it's better to keep everyone on the same target to benefit from everyone's buffs/debuffs ?
culhag
Maintankadonor

Re:

Postby tinalt » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:59 pm

Arcand wrote:Not the mage, or he'll AoE the whole raid.

That's actually what my guild did on this fight. I was the priestess tank and I had the most threat by far, so our dps would usually stay on her to keep from pulling the paladin off of the warrior tank.
tinalt
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to Black Temple